Kai's Ending

The Demigods

“Hey, oppa. What are you doing here?”Suzy asked.

Kai rubbed the back of his neck as he walked up towards her.

“Nothing much. Just wanted to make sure that you were okay.”He smiled.

“I am fine. But thank you.”She smiled back.

Uncomfortably awkward silence filled the air which was unusual between the two. Both of them stared at each other intensely.

“So….”

“So…”

“See you tonight at the fireworks show.”Suzy uncomfortably smiled.

“Yeah, okay.”He said nonchalantly as he exited the cabin.

-The Beach-

Suzy along with her friends sat along the beach, talking about what was currently happening in their personal lives. Well, at least Krystal was. She babbled about Tao’s traits.

“His accent’s so adorable, guys. I love it.”She giggled. The others rolled their eyes but smiled indulgently.

“So what about you guys?”She asked the others, lying on the sand.

“Well, Percy and I are celebrating our anniversary next week.”Annabeth quipped, twirling a lock of her blonde hair.

“Oh, that’s sweet. How long has it been?”Suzy asked.

“5 years. But that Seaweed Brain must’ve forgotten.”Annabeth grumbled, causing them to erupt in laughter.

“Well, don’t think about the future. Think about the present. The fireworks show is today. Leo asked me out.”Jimin squealed.

“What?”Krystal asked inquiringly.

“Oh…”Jimin realized that Leo and Krystal had history together. But contrary to expectation, she smiled encouragingly.

 “You go girl.”Krystal looked impressed.

“What?”

“I was so guilty about what had happened between me and Leo. I am glad that he’s moving on. And besides, it wouldn’t have worked. We’re too different.”

Jimin sighed in relief. Considering how long she had known Krystal, she had expected a fit. Athena kids were really unpredictable.

“So, Suzy. Who is it going to be? Kai or Lay?”Hazel asked, her golden eyes piercing her blue-gray ones.

Suzy gulped. Hazel was seriously overprotective of her baby brother. And although, Hazel wasn’t as strong as Kai or Nico, she was the scariest.

“I don’t know yet, Hazel. It’s still too complicated.”

“Take your time, Suzy. After camp, we have to start working again.”Krystal said, glaring at the daughter of Pluto.

Suzy nodded and sighed. Time had gone by so quickly. They won the war with the lives of innocents as the price. They were finally beginning to enjoy life at Camp Half Blood, but being idols, they had to work again.

“Well, let’s enjoy today normally and in peace.”She announced, lying on the ground. Just then, the conch blew.  

“So much for normal.”She thought to herself as they gathered around in the cafeteria. 

“Kids, as it’s the last day for some of you, we have decided to something special.”Chiron said with a twinkle in his eye.

The campers looked at each other, puzzled.

“Well, come on to the woods and we’ll show you.”

Shrugging, they followed Chiron and Mr. D into the woods. The thing which they had seen next was awe striking. Twelve magnificent looking chariots of different shapes, sizes and colors shone in the sunlight, each representing a god. Suzy ran to the chariot which she knew represented Zeus. It was a graceful marble white, the wheels golden with steel spikes. Best of all, it was pulled by her and Jason’s pegasi, Jewel and Tempest.

“Hey, guys. I missed you a lot.”Suzy whispered and smiled as the two winged horses her affectionately.

“We’re having a chariot race. It’s quite sudden but fun always comes spontaneously, right? And that’s not all, children. We have some people here as well.”Chiron said with a twinkle in his eye.

The campers looked at each other and then looked at Chiron, trying to search for hints. Just then, they heard the sound of footsteps. They looked in the direction of the sound and gasped. The thirteen Olympians with proud smiles on their faces and in casual yet fashionable clothes walked regally up to their children. It was quiet and awkward at first as everyone stood in awe of the gods.

“DAD!”Suzy’s loud and clear voice bellowed as she ran up to her father and jumped on him to give him a hug, causing both of them to fall.

Shocked at first, the funny incident made way for warm, affectionate smiles and soft chuckles. Suzy was the light of Olympus along with the camp. She was their ‘happy virus’.  Father and daughter got up and they again gave each other a warm hug. Zeus patted his youngest daughter’s head softly. She was his favorite, though he never (always) made it obvious. Thalia and Jason walked up to their father and sister and joined in. Soon, all of the gods and their offspring welcomed with each other with hugs and kisses.

-

“Dad, do you think we’ll be able to do it?”Suzy asked, curious.

 Jason was talking to their stepmother Hera who was also his patron while Thalia and Sulli were preparing for the race along with Artemis who was going to ride with them.

“Sweetie, you, Jason and I are unstoppable. We’ll kick the others’ puny little butts,” He smiled, “But for now, a picture of you, Thalia, Jason, your stepmom and me.”He added.

Suzy nodded. She called her big sister over and they took a group picture. Suzy finally felt normal after a long time.

-

Kai looked at the Hades chariot in awe. It was the biggest of all the chariots. It was pitch black with ivory and gold edges with Hades’ symbol; his Helm of Darkness painted on the front. It was pulled by his father’s most favorite and fastest coal black pegasi. And best of all, there was a secret compartment in the chariot which contained weapons of all kinds; javelins, arrows, grappling hooks, caltrops, Greek fire and many other dangerously lethal weapons. Kai was truly impressed with his father.

“You like it? I got Archimedes and Daedalus to help me. The old coots can be of use at times.”Hades affectionately smiled.

Just then, Persephone came up to her husband and stepson with a warm smile on her face and with a basket full of cupcakes.

“I am going to be in the audience to cheer for you and mom’s teams but here.  I made you some cupcakes. Eat while you ‘pulverize’,” Persephone smiled.

“Thanks, mom.”Kai smiled as he hugged his beautiful and kind stepmother. She hugged back and kissed him lightly on his forehead.

“Good luck, Jong.”She whispered as she kissed her husband on the cheek and walked to the audience bleachers.

Just then, Kai heard a loud and familiar laugh echoing. It was then joined by a few others. He turned around and saw Suzy with her family. They seemed to be taking a picture together. Hera and Zeus, despite their fights and shortcomings, were in love and they looked the part while Thalia, Jason and Suzy were making stupidly funny faces at the camera.

“You love her a lot, don’t you?”Hades asked.

Kai turned back and looked at his father, startled.

“Boy, there’s no need to act innocent. Everyone in Olympus knows about you, Lay and Suzy. You three are the talk of the town.”

Kai buried his face in his hands. He didn’t need to be reminded.

“Jongin, can you tell me what kind of move you have made on her other than mauling? I had to stop Zeus from blowing you into tiny pieces.”

He looked down at the ground, ashamed. His father was right. He wasn’t doing anything.

Hades sighed, “I’ll give you some advice. Make your move NOW. Do some puke worthy romantic gesture. Rose petals, romantic music and best of all, a ring. I’ll tell you what. We win this and I’ll give my golden laurel to Hephaestus and tell him to make some girly trinket for her to wear. The rest of it’s your responsibility,” Hades smiled at his son and got on his chariot.

 “How will I do that?” Kai thought as he got on the chariot with his siblings and drove the chariot onto the race track.

-

“Dad, STOP IT!”Suzy tried to calm her father down.

He had a lightning bolt in hand, ready to strike down the camp. Hades and his children had won. The lord of the Underworld gave a smug look to his brother as he sauntered off with the laurel on his head. Suzy facepalmed herself. He was a really sore loser.

“Zeus, Suzy’s right. Give me that bolt right now or it’s not going to be good.”Hera warned.

Sighing, Zeus gave the thunderbolt to his wife where she had immediately destroyed it.

“Good boy.”Hera clucked and she then turned to her stepdaughter.

“Goodbye, my dear. Have a good time tonight. I left you something on your bed.”Hera smiled affectionately and hugged the girl before disappearing with her sulking husband, leaving behind a flash of golden light.

Shrugging, she had gone inside her cabin and noticed a nicely wrapped box. She opened it and seeing the gift, she gasped. It was a beautiful white dress with a cream colored bow at the waist. There was a note attached to it. It read:

Dear Suzy, wear this and show those Aphrodite kids who’s the prettiest.              

                                                                                                                                                -Love, Mom.

 

She smiled at the note and then looked at the dress. Her smile was replaced by a frown. Guilt took over her joy.

-

Kim Jongin in his 21 years had never felt as nervous as right now. He was going to confess to Bae Suzy, the daughter of the moody Zeus and either be rejected or to be blasted into tiny pieces.

 “At least I did something right,” He sighed.

He had decided against the grand, cheesy gesture his father Hades advised him to do. Suzy wasn’t a girl who swooned over cheesy gestures and besides, his father wasn’t the best person to advise someone on how to propose. Seriously, he abducted his wife! He was going to keep it simple. Take her someplace quiet yet romantic and if she accepted, give her the ring he had worked really hard to get. If not…well, he would give it to one of his fangirls from the Aphrodite cabin.

Taking a deep breath, he walked to the beach where the display was being held. Yerin, Rap Monster, Jimin and Leo were building a sancastle, Krystal and Tao were feeding each other marshmallows and his sweet sister Hazel who he had shared his plan to was distracting Lay by talking to him along with her boyfriend Frank who was also Lay’s cousin.

He couldn’t spot Suzy anywhere. He walked to a secluded part of the beach and saw her staring out into the beach. He gasped. Her long hair blew gently in the cool wind, her blue gray eyes shone like the stars in the night sky and her beauty was accentuated by the simple yet beautiful white dress. Walking up to her, his heart pounded wildly. He cleared his throat, causing the beautiful daughter of Zeus to look at him, startled.

“Oh, hey Jongin oppa. Come and sit.”She smiled uneasily, patting the seat next to her. He took the offer and sat down next to the girl.

Sitting next to her in silence albeit for a few moments was a dream come true for him. He knew this was his chance.

“Suzy…”He said but then he noticed the tear stains on her beautiful pale face.

“Are you okay? What happened?”

“Mother Hera, she accepted me as her daughter, oppa.”

“That’s great. But why are you crying?”

“I…I don’t know. Guilt.”She admitted, now sobbing gently.

Kai held her by the shoulders and stared at her with a comforting expression on his face. He then caressed her face gently and then hugged her tightly.

“Suzy, what happened to your mother….it wasn’t your fault. She died a brave, honorable death and is now reaping its fruit. And I’ll tell you something. Even if she was a sinner, she did one thing right which was to have you.”Kai broke away and smiled at her. The girl stared at him.

“Um…I…” He started to say but was stopped by Suzy’s soft lips crashing onto his. He was shocked at first, but he kissed back passionately.

The activity would’ve continued if not for Zeus’s warning.  They pulled back from each other and smiled idiotically at each other.

“I love you, Bae Suzy and I always will.”

“I love you too, Kim Jongin. Though I am not sure about the always part.”She joked.

He smiled at the joke and took her hand, slipping on the ring. It fit perfectly.

“Thank you, Lord Hephaestus.”Kai thought as he looked the ring and then at the girl’s expression. It was mixture of surprise and joy.  

“This is my oath to you, Suzy. My oath that I will marry you and keep you happy always. I swear it on the River Styx.”

Suzy smiled gently at him and pecked him on the cheek. Getting up, they walked hand-in-hand with smiles on their faces and enjoyed the fireworks show which ended in a firework version of them kissing.

*5 years later*

“You look beautiful, Suzy. Jongin’s a lucky man.”Lay said with a little envy. He was still a bit peeved that Kai had won her heart but he was happy for her and he was also dating Drew Tanaka, a daughter of Aphrodite who Suzy had set him up with.

“Thanks, oppa. I was worried.”Suzy smiled.

Just then, Hera and Aphrodite came bursting in with joyful tears in their eyes. Lay scurried out of the room before they started to bawl. Suzy giggled.

“My dear, you look lovely.”Hera said, her voice about to crack.

“I know. Even I cannot compare,” Aphrodite agreed, “I have great taste, don’t I?”She added with a proud smile on her face.

Hera and Suzy laughed. Suzy’s dress was picked out by the love goddess herself and she was grateful for it.

“Suzy-ah. It’s time.”Krystal’s, who was her maid of honor, head popped out from the room’s door.

Nodding, she got up and smoothed out her dress. She looked at herself and said, “Fighting. You can do this.”

Her father had now entered the room, motioning for Hera and Aphrodite to leave. That they did and father and daughter walked arm-in-arm to the altar.

-

It was the time of the wedding. Kai was waiting at the altar for Suzy. He kept on tapping his foot, which annoyed the officiator who was Apollo himself. He glared at the groom.

 “Stop doing that. It’s irritating.”The god whispered in chastisement.

Kai smiled sheepishly at the older man. Just then, she had entered along with her bridesmaids and her father. Kai’s, along with every other man in the room’s breath was taken away after seeing the beautiful bride who blushed at all the attention given to her.

The strapless, white gown accentuated her curves and showed off her milky white skin. Her long black hair was made up into a bun which had a long veil attached to it. Kai smiled.

“The wait was worth it. This gorgeous girl will be mine in a few moments.” he thought dreamily.

His trance was broken by her father who coughed. He realized then that he spaced out in his own wedding. His daughter stepped up on the altar. He shook her dad’s hand.

 “Thank you for letting me marry your daughter, sir.”He said, a little scared.

 “Don’t worry, son. As long as you don’t hurt her, I won’t kill you.”Zeus said, smiling as he tightened his grip on Kai’s hand. Kai winced in pain.

Suzy frowned at her father, motioning for him to stop. He let go of Kai’s hand and went back to his seat next to his wife who was smiling genuinely at her stepdaughter. Kai smiled uneasily at her father. But when he saw Suzy’s face in front of him, all his tensions dissolved.  She was the picture of beauty.

“I am the fabulous Apollo as you all know. To start off today, I’ll recite a haiku.”He announced, causing everyone except Suzy to groan.

Zeus shook his head at his son to tell him not to. It was his daughter’s wedding and he didn’t need his lively son to ruin the mood. Pouting, he looked at the couple who were waiting to get married.

“Fine, we’ll just start with the vows. It’s a boring cliché but Kai, start.”Apollo grumbled.

“Well,”Kai cleared his throat before starting, “Bae Suzy, I have loved you ever since I first laid my eyes on you in that hallway. You were beautiful, of course, but you also screamed different. I knew I had to get to know you. And slowly, I did and now here we are, in this beautiful altar getting married in front of the scary Gods who are glaring at me. So, Suzy…I am a pabo who is madly in love with you.”His vows had made the women squeal with delight.

“Kim Jongin, you were my best friend all these years. You helped me get through some really tough times and when you comforted me on the beach that night, I knew that you’re the one. I love you and will always want to be with you.”Suzy said tearing up gently.

Apollo smiled. “And now by the power vested in me by Zeus, Hera and Rhea, I now pronounce you man and wife. Kai, you may kiss the bride. Gently, no tongue.”He instructed, causing everyone to laugh.

Kai kissed her gently. “I love you,” He whispered into her ear.

“I love you too.”