Chapter 16

The Demigods

The demigods were in huge trouble. Apparently, someone had filmed them fighting and long story short, it was all over the internet. They were called all together in SM’s office. Seeing their three CEOs together very angry made facing an army of gigantic monsters look like a picnic. “You all can see why we called you here.”LSM said crossly, throwing an article on the table. They all looked at the headline. ‘TEN CELEBRITES DELIEVER AN IMPROMPTU BUT NEVERTHELESS INTERESTING ACTION SCENE.’

“What was all that about?”JYP asked. “Um…it was a surprise?”Krystal said with hesitation, not knowing how to explain the incident. “Oh, cut the crap. We all knew that was a real giant on top of a real fire-breathing dragon.”Bang PD said, emphasizing the word real.

“Seriously, guys did you really think…?”LSM’s voice trailed off. The heroes knew that they were in for it. But contrary to expectation, he had grinned. They all grinned. “You could cover it up as a special performance? That was a Hyperborean giant on top of the resurrected and now again vanquished Sybaris.”LSM laughed.

The demigods were shocked on how he knew all of this. “Um, sir…how do you know all of this stuff?”Suzy asked. She was sitting between Tao and Krystal. After what had happened last night, she avoided both Lay and Kai in whatever manner possible.  “We’re supposed to, Suji-yah. We’re half bloods too.”JYP smiled. Their mouths dropped wide open. “I see they’re shocked, hyung. Kids, we’re demigods.”JYP cleared his throat. “I am a son of Apollo.” he said. “And I am a son of Hermes.” Bang PD said.

“And I am a son of Morpheus. Kids, what you did yesterday was amazing. Killing one monster is one thing. But killing two? I applaud you for that.”LSM smiled. “I still don’t understand. What is happening here? Did you know?”Krystal asked. “Yes, my child. We knew. You see, when we recruit kids, we look at visuals and talent. But it’s perfect when we find out that kid is also a demigod.” he grinned.

“So, what you’re saying is that you do recruit normal kids, but you also recruit demigods as well?”Krystal asked, trying to get the flow of the situation. “Yes, my dear. You are pretty quick. Athena’s daughter, aren’t you? You are as beautiful as her.”JYP said with a grin. Krystal blushed at the compliment. “Does this mean there are others?”Suzy asked.

“Yes, kid. We can get you names.”Bang PD said. “We’re honored to have you in our presence.”LSM said, looking at Suzy appraisingly. Puzzled, Suzy stared at the three. “The daughter of Zeus. The fulfiller of the prophecy. It’s amazing that I have you under my company, Suji-yah.”JYP squealed. “Prophecy? What prophecy?”Asked Suzy, curious.

“Oh, your father didn’t tell you, did he? Well, there is this prophecy that a female child of Zeus will rid of Kronos forever and save the entire world. The one who will be able to wield the Spear of Triam. She will become the true savior of Olympus. But she has to turn twenty in order to do so. If she dies, then all of Tartarus will break loose.”LSM said grimly. Suzy stood dumbfounded. She couldn’t take that kind of pressure. “Wait, my sister Thalia’s there.”She said hurriedly, getting up.

They shook their heads. “No, my child. We know about Thalia Grace. She is a Hunter, thereby immortal. Only a mortal child of Zeus can do so.”LSM explained.  She sank back down to her seat and froze. The others looked at her worriedly. She stood up. “I need to…talk to my father.” she said, getting out of the office. Kai wanted to go after her but Lay grabbed onto his wrist and looked at him, telling him not to.

She threw a drachma in the fountain situated on the rooftop of SM’s building. “My father and Lord Zeus, please.” she requested. The mist shimmered and she saw her father on his throne, looking worried and grim. Worry took over her. “Father?”She asked. Her father then looked at her and forced a smile. “Oh, hello, Suzy. How are you?”He asked.

“Father, stop it. You’re worried about something. Tell me, what is it?”She asked in a motherly way. He sighed. “My bolt is missing.” he said finally. “WHAT?!”Suzy asked, yelling. “Well, not only my bolt. But Poseidon’s trident and Hades’ Helm of Darkness as well.” he said. She looked at him with wide eyes. It was bad enough she had the fate of the whole world in her hands and now her father’s and uncles’ principle weapons were stolen as well? This wouldn’t do.

She sighed. “We will find it, daddy. Just tell us where Kris’s ship was seen and we’ll get it back.” she smiled bravely. “It’s near the East Sea. Thank you, my sweetheart. We need the weapons to make the Spear of Triam or else…”Zeus stopped short as he looked at her daughter as if to explain something. “It’s okay, father. I know about the prophecy.” she said with a reassuring smile. “Oh, I am relieved. I was worried on how I was going to explain this to you.” he chuckled.

“Okay, dad. Goodbye.” she waved at her father as the Mist disappeared. “Suzy, are you there?”A voice asked. She turned around to see her friends, concerned for her. She went up to them with an uneasy smile. “Well, I have something to tell you.” she said worriedly.

She inhaled deeply and told her friends about her encounter with her father. At the end of her recollection, her friends were dumbfounded. “So we’re going to have to find a ship and get the weapons and get out of there alive? Gee, how easy.”Krystal said sarcastically.

“Krystal…”Tao reprimanded casually. He then turned to Suzy. “Fine, we’ll go. But how exactly will we get there?”He asked. Suzy shrugged. She didn’t even know herself. Just then, they heard neighs. They looked up at the sky and saw a flock of pegasi flying towards them. Suzy recognized three of them to be Guido, Porkpie and Blackjack. They landed on the rooftop.  She mouthed ‘thank you’ to the sky, to her father.

Blackjack whinnied in appreciation as Suzy him gently on his face. He her on the face, causing her to giggle. He whinnied again, signaling Lay to translate. “He wants you to sit on him, Suji-yah.”Lay smiled. She laughed. “Sure, Blackjack.” she said as she sat on the large black Pegasus and petted him on his mane. Blackjack whinnied again, causing Lay to blush. “What did Blackjack say, oppa?”She said, finally making contact with the gentle, softhearted son of Poseidon. It was awkward.

“He wants me to sit together with you.”He said, his face turning redder with each passing moment. She blushed as well. Blackjack let out a frustrated neigh as he took a step back. She giggled. “Oppa, sit before he takes off without you.” she smiled awkwardly at Lay. He nodded meekly and sat in front of Suzy. Suzy looked at Kai who had a jealous expression on his face. She quickly looked away in guilt. Soon, they were ready to go. Krystal and Tao, Kai and Jimin, Fei and Henry, Rap Monster and Yerin, and Lay and Suzy were seated together.

The pegasi soared to the clouds and flew to the East Sea. Suzy, who was afraid to fall, unknowingly wrapped her arms around Lay’s waist. He blushed but he didn’t mind either. Soon, they had reached the ship. The winged horses landed on deck gently, not making any noise. No one was in sight.

“Call if you need us, boss.”Porkpie whinnied softly as Lay smiled and patted the Pegasus’s head. Then, saying their goodbyes, the pegasi soared high to the sky and flew away with the exception of Blackjack who hid behind the ship. They had activated their weapons and shields. “Okay, you guys. Let’s split up. Kai and Lay, Yerin and Jimin, Fei and Tao, Rap Mon and Henry, and me and Krystal. Let’s go.” Suzy whispered hurriedly as she grabbed on to Krystal’s hand and ran up to the control room. They all shrugged and split up and went in pairs to different parts of the ship.

-

“So, what’s going on between you, Kai and Lay?”Krystal asked, whispering as they searched the control room. They were invisible with the help of the bracelet and Annabeth’s cap which she had given to Krystal in case of an emergency. “They both confessed to me yesterday.” she sighed. “WHAT?”Krystal yelled. “Quiet down. Someone might hear you.”Suzy chided, putting her finger near her lips signaling the younger girl to keep quiet.

“Sorry. But still…two hot guys fighting over you? Very HOT! So who did you choose?”Krystal asked, interested. Suzy sighed. “I don’t know. Kai and Lay are both handsome. But they have a problem. Kai is my best friend and Lay has just broken up with Eunji eonnie. Not to mention, both are my cousins.” she grimaced. 

“True, but who the hell cares? Gods don’t have DNA. I mean, your mom is your dad’s granddaughter, but they still fell for each other. So what’s your problem?”Krystal asked with her eyebrows raised. Before Suzy could reply, Krystal squealed. “I found the weapons.” the younger girl said excitedly. She was right. The three principle weapons of Hades, Zeus and Poseidon were there in a duffel bag. “Quickly, let’s go.”Krystal said. She nodded. But then, they heard protests. “Let me go. Let me go.” a female voice had said. It was Jimin’s.

They tiptoed outside the control room and saw all of their friends held by some ugly monsters. Then their eyes fell on Naeun and Kris together, smirking at their plight. The two girls sighed. Although, he was the enemy, Kris was gorgeous. He even made a crooked grin look good. They snapped back into reality. “Krystal, hang the bag around Blackjack’s neck and tell him to fly back to Olympus. Then come back here and we’ll slowly make our way back to them, okay?”Suzy whispered. She nodded and tiptoed quietly to the back of the ship where Blackjack was hiding. She took off the bracelet, hung the bag around Blackjack and told him to fly back to Olympus. This he did and with a soar, he made his way to Olympus.

Krystal then put her bracelet back on and ran back to Suzy. They glided down to the deck. “You ready?”Suzy asked. Krystal nodded. “On the count of three, then. One…two…three…”Suzy counted. They took off the cap and bracelet and now they were in full view. They knowingly surrendered to them and now, they had joined their fiends.

“Well, well.”Kris grinned. “If it isn’t my granddaughter, the fulfiller of the prophecy and savior of Olympus.” he sneered.  “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you. Ah, you’re so beautiful. It’s going to be hard killing you. So I want to make a proposition.”Kris smiled creepily like some old ert. “What is it?”Suzy asked. “You join me, we win and you’ll live as my queen in the new Golden age.” he said. Suzy looked at him with her eyebrow raised. “What are you saying, you creep? You’re my grandfather. I cannot live as your queen.” she yelled.

“Quiet, you.”Naeun yelled, taking her sword out. Kris stopped her. “Very well then. You can be a general in my army.” he revised. “Oh, gee, thanks. It’s a lovely offer but I rather die than side with you.” she said, rolling her eyes. “Such a shame. You are very beautiful. Even Aphrodite can’t compare.” he grinned. “Oh, thanks.” she replied sarcastically. She then turned to Naeun. “Naeun, why are you doing this?”She asked.

“Oh, now you’re bothering?”Naeun said. “I am just honestly sick of being the whiny, dumb daughter of Aphrodite who has nothing but her looks. The poor, defenseless girl who got saved by the great Bae Suzy. But honestly, you are just a spoilt, lucky brat who got everything handed to her. You don’t deserve anything. You don’t deserve fame, fortune, love. If anyone should get it, it should be me. I am even more beautiful and talented than you, then why are you getting the spotlight?”She spat out.

Suzy was hurt by her former friend’s words. “Yah, Son Naeun, are you crazy? Suzy deserves everything she has gotten. She is hardworking, kind and brave. Unlike some people who side with the enemy just to feel like they’re worth something.”Krystal yelled. “QUIET, ALL OF YOU!”Kris/Kronos yelled. They all shut up.

“Who shall I kill first?”Kris thought aloud, tapping his fingers against each other. “Oh, maybe I shall start with you, beautiful maiden.”He laughed, pointing to Krystal as he murmured a Greek curse. “NO!”Tao yelled as he broke away from a monster’s hold. He put his hand forward and suddenly time seemed to…stop. Everyone was frozen except for the heroes. “How did you do that?”Krystal asked as Tao freed her from the hold of a dracanae.

“I…I honestly don’t know.” he said as he freed the others as well. “Let’s get the hell out of here.”Suzy said. “How? The pegasi aren’t here.”Krystal reminded. “I’ll handle that.”Lay said. He prayed for a moment and suddenly, they came back. “Hey, boss. Why are all of them frozen?”Blackjack asked. “Long story, Blackjack. But now, get us to Olympus as fast as you can.”Lay asked.

Oaky dokey, boss. Get on. I hope that pretty girl sits on me again. She’s so nice.” he whinnied. He laughed as he got on the horse. Suzy got on Blackjack as well. All of them flew up to the sky where Kai murmured a Greek spell and created a barrier around them. “When they are unfrozen, their attacks won’t affect us with the help of the barrier.”Kai explained. With a snap of his fingers, Tao unfroze them all. The enemies looked at each other with confusion and they looked up and immediately started to hurl curses and attack them in vain thanks to the barrier.

“We’ll get you.”Kris yelled, shaking his fist towards them. “Yeah, yeah. I look forward to that day.”Suzy taunted as she generated a huge ball of electricity and threw it at the ship. It exploded and blew up into pieces of shrapnel and monster dust. Satisfied with their work, they flew back to Olympus.

While flying, Krystal asked, “Why did you defend me?” Tao smiled. “Isn’t it obvious?”he asked, smirking. His grip still tight on the horse, he went closer to her face and whispered into her ear. “I like you, silly.” he whispered, causing her to gasp and blush. He laughed, but the Aeolus, the god of the winds, stole it with him.