Apocalypse

EQUAL

[Suga's POV]

                We grabbed a cab to take us back to our dorm. Tae Bi was silent just like the last time, but that’s not the cause of my sudden nervous feeling. It’s her menacing words back in the hospital that scared the monster out of me. I didn’t know she could defeat people with words alone. That’s incredible, or not.

                I observed her quietly as she looked outside the window of the car. I was searching for a hint that could tell me the reason of the abrupt change in her behavior, but her silence completely coated her. So, I put my hand above hers and she looked at me.

                I smiled before speaking, “May I ask where you and Nam Joon went this morning?” Maybe that would serve as a good introduction to my real question.

                She also smiled, but it didn’t depict joy. “The night market. We just strolled around and talked, then walked back home. I couldn’t sleep well so I planned to get some fresh air. I didn’t know that Nam Joon was also awake that time so he followed me.”

                I could feel half of my head boiling because of jealousy, but I didn’t mind. I know that Tae Bi’s loyalty is always with me. “Oh, I see,” I nodded, not removing the sweet smile on my face. I wish this smile could influence her. “Did you guys have fun?”

                She nodded, but looked away from me to her lap. Her smile vanished, and I was broken. “Until I received that phone call from dad.”

                This is it.

                I carefully wrapped my arm around her shoulders and leaned her head on me. We stayed like that until we arrived at the apartment. She didn’t utter a word, and so was I. I couldn’t force her to reveal the cause of her anxiety because I respect her. At least, I know that the conversation with her dad was what bothers her the most.

                I paid the driver and we went out of the cab. Maybe seeing the members of BTS would make her smile again and laugh and happy. I was excited to open the front door when Tae Bi took my hand. I turned around to face her sad eyes. She’s not excited. I’m still hanging onto the cliff of anxiety.

                “Yoon Gi,” she started. Before, when I heard her call me by my real name, I couldn’t help but feel jumpy inside. But now, it’s different. When she called my name, I knew it would bring sorrow and pain to my heart.

               I just looked at her, no more smiles, no more anticipation.

              Then, she continued, “We have to separate ways.”