Happiness

EQUAL

[Tae Bi's POV]

                Yoon Gi and I drive to the beach early in the morning to witness the sunrise. As expected, we are the only people walking on the smooth sand under the violet sky. I’m excited to see the sun rise up from the blue ocean especially with my boyfriend. Boyfriend. I still feel like dreaming everytime I call him ‘boyfriend’ or ‘oppa’. Yoon Gi is carrying a blanket and his bag while I carry our breakfast. We ordered breakfast meals from McDonald’s before heading here. Some early risers are on the road, doing their morning routine, and there are few drivers stopping by to also catch a glimpse of the sunrise. They’re all at the cemented area, far from us but I could still see the details of their morning faces. It’s peaceful here.

                Cold breeze plays with our hair but none of us feels cold because of the thick and furry jacket we’re wearing. With this jacket bought by Suga, I don’t think I would get cold.

                “Where do you want to sit?” he asks me, and I always feel like a millionaire when he’s talking to me.

                “Anywhere, as long as there’s a blanket to sit on,” I answer with a sweet smile. I always smile because I want to show to the world how happy I am to have Min Yoon Gi by my side. The reality that we’re in love with each other is enough to erase my dark past.

                He spreads the cloth not too close to the tail of the sea so that we won’t get wet by the waves. I settle down the food and drinks, and then we sit next to each other.

                “Wow, it’s cool here,” I say as I dreamily look at the beautiful horizon.

                “And relaxing,” Suga adds and he gives me my burger. “No cameras, no tight schedules, and no noise pollution. I feel like a normal kid again living peacefully at the countryside.”

                I look at him with curiosity. “You sound like you don’t enjoy your profession.”

                He takes a bite from his cheeseburger before talking, “Of course I enjoy my job, but sometimes it’s inevitable to think back to my predebut years where I can move freely. There were no judging eyes and there’s privacy like this. I always miss those days whenever I’m stressed, but now I just changed my perception. Instead of thinking of my quiet past, I’ll just think about this moment when I’m stressed.”

                He has no idea that he’s killing me already with his words. One more thing I love about this relationship is that, I’m getting to know Suga more and more. To me, he’s not just this rap lord who could make music meaningful with his talent, but a guy who knows how to make people around him happy and satisfied with just his presence alone. He’s a good man. He has a very soft heart that should be treasured.

                “Besides, why would I get sick of my profession if that career became my way to locate you?” he continues and shows the only smile that could melt my heart.

                I lean my head on his shoulder as my way of thanking him. Actually, I have a lot of ways to show my gratefulness to him but this one’s more convenient because we’re sitting side by side. He also leans his head on mine and we remain silent, savoring our last day in this place. My love for him is as real as the smell of the sea, the sound of crawling waves, and the sight of perfect scenery beyond us. It’s unbelievable to feel the wounds on my heart completely healed. All I have in my head are happiness and love.            

                “I wonder what’s waiting for us in Seoul,” I speak after being hugged by silence for a long moment. “My mom, dad, your family, the fans, your company, the members, and even social networking sites.”

                Suga gets something from his backpack and I see his camera that he always brings with him. I know its exact model name: Olympus OM-D E-M5. A proof that I’m a die-hard fan of Suga. It’s an honor to see that camera before my sparkling eyes.

                “What are we going to do with that?” I ask him and he’s too kind to let me carry his precious camera. I am tempted to press the gallery button to see his photos that are not uploaded online, but no, that’s what sasaeng fans do. I’m his girlfriend, not a crazy fan.

                Thankfully, after Suga gets his black cap inside the bag, he takes the camera from me. The cap! It’s the cap I desperately want to buy (even a duplicate of it will do) because it has the name SUGA embroidered on it. But I have no idea where to buy it so I just gave up. But now it’s here, too! I like this cap because it shouts Suga’s swag style.

                “We are going to take a selca,” he answers me. I am surprised when he puts his cap on my head. “You wear that, okay? Now, smile!” he wraps his arm around my shoulders before taking a snapshot of our very first selca together using his Olympus cam. I wasn’t smiling because I was staring at him, still mesmerized of what he just did.  I’m wearing his cap!

                He checks our photo and then taps my nose. “You make it so obvious that you have a crush on me. Look at you,” he shows me the preview and points at my image that’s not looking at the camera, but at his face instead. I’m embarrassed. “This is a nice shot, anyway. You look cute.” He adds. I’m not embarrassed.

                “You look cute, too,” I reply and take off his cap. I stare at it with a victorious smile on my face. I can’t believe that the cap my idol’s wearing is now in my hands.

                *click*

                I hear the camera’s shutter and find Suga taking photos of me.

                “Hey that’s unfair. What’s with those stolen shots?” I ask, but he keeps on pressing the shutter button even if I was talking. I try to snatch the camera from him but he stands to run away. “Hey!”

                I also get up to catch him but he’s pretty fast. When he knows he’s quite far from me, he stops to take more pictures of me. Running and looking ugly. That’s unfair. When I have the chance, I’ll take a snapshot of him picking his nose or snoring. I keep on shouting to him to stop but he just laughs like a kid enjoying his ice-cream.

                I pause from running, too, and just walk to him. I don’t care anymore if I look ugly in those photos, at least, he has images of me saved in his camera. That’s an achievement to a fan like me. No ARMY can have a solo picture in his camera except for me. Wait, am I boasting?

                “Come here,” he excitedly beckons to me and then he points to his right. It’s the sun. It’s rising slowly, giving us a magnificent view. It looks like it’s rising from its bed of water. I can’t help but drop my jaw due to its beauty. From here, I could also see its tiny rays and the calm sea waves that look like the sun’s hair. Birds have also risen from their slumber and fly above the sky.

Suga turns me around and put his arm above my shoulders again. “Let’s take another selca with the sleepy sun in the background,” he counts from one to three and presses the shutter button. I smile this time and wear his cap again.

                “You look cute,” he keeps on telling me, which I find really, really sweet. “I’ll post this in Instagram.”

                “Instagram?” his last word really caught my full attention. “Since when did you create an IG account?” I ask. I know that BTS has SNS account, but each member doesn’t. So how come he has an Instagram account? I didn’t know that. Did Charmaine also keep this news from me?

                “Since today,” Suga says naughtily because of his cute smile. “I’m signing up right now.” He takes his phone from his pants-pocket and walks back to our blanket. I follow him with amusement. Seriously? He would create his own SNS account with our first selca as his very first post? I feel so lucky. “You’re worried about people’s reactions on our relationship, right? Then, let’s announce to them that we’re enjoying each other’s company through these pictures.”

                I sit beside him and watch how he signs up on Instagram. His username catches my attention because it’s not that appealing. “What’s with ‘min_ss’?” I ask, pointing at his username.

                “You don’t like it? SS stands for Suga and Stef. Min is my surname,” he pauses from filling up the registration form to go back to the username section.

                “But that’s not my surname. It’s Kim. Are you saying that we now have the same surname?” I ask, controlling myself from fangirling. Min Tae Bi doesn’t sound bad. “Only married couples do that, unless we’re relatives.”

                “We’re gonna be a married couple, don’t you feel it?” he said the words that are heard only in everyone’s dreams.

                “What?” My ears are functioning well, but I’m still not sure if I heard it right or I’m just daydreaming.

                Suga smiles then he moves his face close to my ear. I feel my heart collapsed. “I said, we’re going to be a married couple.” His whisper sends chills to my spine. I couldn’t help but smile to what he has had said. Married couple? This is either a big joke or a reality-like dream. Is he serious? I’m in love with him but marriage is not yet part of my future plans. Though it’s nice to be liked, especially in my case because a superstar dictated those words to me, I’m still too young for marriage. Besides, there’s a lot of complications in my life that I have to deal with first.

                I look at him so our faces are just a thumb away from each other. I see my reflection in his eyes and I think he also sees his own image in my eyes, too. It gives me a feeling that only the two of us exist in this world because of his breath and my image that fits perfectly in his small eyes.

“I don’t know how to respond to that,” I say with honesty.

                “I’m not rushing you. I’m just predicting our future,” he smiles and I laugh as I lean my head on his shoulder.

                “I didn’t know that you also have a talent in throwing cheesy lines,” I tell him, and my heart is still pumping like crazy.

                “Me too. I didn’t know that I’m so good at it… until I met you,” he throws another cheesy line and he makes himself look like he’s not aware of it.

                I slap his shoulder and laugh, “Okay. That’s too much. Let’s work on your IG again,” I point at his phone but he grabs my wrist and pulls me for a kiss. He’s naughty. I’m starting to picture myself wearing a wedding gown and walking along the church aisle with him, Suga of BTS.