Hold me Tight

EQUAL

[Suga's POV]

                We are leading the entertainment portal, and it’s my first time to see my name in the headline for a month. From another entertainment source, I saw my name topping the list of This Year’s Issue Makers. Now my name is getting louder because of what I did yesterday outside our apartment. My family just called, asking me to bring Tae Bi to our hometown so that they would meet her personally. My mom’s excitement makes me happier and satisfied. The fans’ approval also helps. I guess the next step is purchasing a ring. I am so determined to do it, but something’s blocking me. It’s not our manager, but Tae Bi’s real feelings for me. I never hear her say those three special words to me. I’m not sure if she’s really in love with me or I am just being too obsessive.

                Tae Bi and the other guys have gathered in the living room, watching the news that talked of me and my spontaneous show yesterday. It’s good to hear that they’re reporting the right thing to the public instead of a fabricated one. Everyone now knows I’m officially dating Kim Tae Bi, or known to fans as ‘Suga’s unique girl’. The eight of us stayed up all night, talking about stuff and asking Tae Bi questions. We all get along well easily with her presence apparently because she’s kind and friendly and beautiful. Only manager isn’t here. He must be staying at his own apartment near our company’s building and plotting on how to turn all of these upside down, though there are no more ways to do that. I’m not saying that I despise him, but all I want is for him to realize that I am also a human who develops a feeling for a girl, and I guarantee him that I could handle both my personal life and career. Is it that too hard to trust me?

                “Hey hyung, are you trying to turn our coffees into iced drinks?” Tae Hyung called my attention. I forgot I was holding a tray of coffees for us because I was completely stuck in my deep thoughts. Tae Bi signaled me to sit next to her and smiled. I joined them and distributed the cups over the omurice meal that Jinhyung cooked this morning. We circled around the short table and began to eat. It calms my heart to see Tae Bi smiling again unlike yesterday when she cried after the interview because of misunderstanding. It breaks my heart when tears fall from her eyes and her eyebrows curled. It’s not tolerable.

                “What were you thinking back there?” Tae Bi asked me, she placed a hand on my lap. She seemed really curious and worried at the same time.

                I shook my head, “I was just surprised. And happy.” That’s the safest answer that could summarize all my thoughts a while ago.

                She nodded and smiled, but she didn’t seem satisfied with my answer. “Just tell me whatever bothers you. I’ll do my best to help.” She, then, continued to eat.

                Maybe what really bothers me is this question: When will I hear those three words from her? Others say, action speaks louder than words. Perhaps Tae Bi believes in that principle that’s why she prefers ‘skinship’ than saying those words to me. But do I prefer it, too?

                “For the meantime, we have to rearrange our room assignments because Tae Bi is staying here until she gets a new unit,” Jinhyung started. He was the first to finish his breakfast. Others agreed to what he has said, and I’m sure he would assign me and Tae Bi in the same room.

                “Since there are only two sleeping rooms, four people would share each room. Tae Bi will…”

                “I will sleep here. I’m fine here. Believe me,” Tae Bi interrupted Jin from speaking, and what she said surprised all of us.

                “I’d rather sleep in the bathroom than let you sleep here,” I quickly rebutted, and I sounded like scolding her. No, I was just concerned. How could she sleep here at night? The floor is freezing cold and it’s uncomfortable to slumber in this area.

                “Men are the gentlemen, not the women. So please, don’t make such suggestions like that. Noona,” Jungkook said. His sudden mention of the word ‘Noona’ made my girlfriend blush.

                Jin continued, “I suggest you share room with me, Jungkook, and Jimin.”

                “WHAT?” I tried my best to make my eyes big just to express my disagreement to Jin’s plan. Everyone’s also surprised, except for Tae Bi.“She’s sharing a room with me. I’m his boyfriend.” I adamantly said.

                “Let’s just say this is for everyone to have a good night sleep,” he continued, and he’s starting again. Jin, most of the time, is annoying. I’m so thankful to have him in my life. Believe me.

                “Good night sleep? Really? How am I supposed to have a peaceful sleep when my girlfriend is not around?”

                Tae Bi finally moved, and she held my hand to stop me from debating. “You don’t get it, Suga. We have to sleep separately just to make sure nothing…nothing happens,” she seemed shy, and that’s when I realized what Jin meant about his ‘good night sleep’ thing. Does he really think we would do that? We’re not yet married!

                “Nothing happened when we were in Ansan,” I bluntly said, hoping it would change Jin’s mind. But I know it won’t help me to win over him. Ho Seok covered Jungkook’s ears, but the maknae elbowed him.

                Tae Bi nodded, telling me to just agree. She’s fine with it, then I should agree too.

                “Fine. But when she tells me that she’s uncomfortable, I’ll take her with me.”

                “So overprotective,” Ho Seok said, smiling naughtily at me and Tae Bi. Jin didn’t say anything and started to clean up. I’ll take that as a deal. I looked at Tae Bi and tucked her hair behind her ear. She gave me a small smile and winked. I let out a low giggle to that. This girl is so good at giving me inexplicable joy.

                “Looking at you two makes me want to grab a girl, too,” Jimin suddenly spoke, and he’s watching us eat happily, as if we’re characters from his favorite movie. Nam Joon nodded and he kept on looking at Tae Bi. Why does his simple glimpse at my girlfriend irritate me?

                “You’re too young for this,” I quipped, and gave Tae Bi a peck, which made her blush. She slapped me in the shoulder and told me stop.

                But Jimin’s too fast in attacking my joke, “Oh my heart isn’t, hyung. My age might be young but my thinking is matured already.”

                Ho Seok’s eyes widened and he pointed at Jimin, “Becaue you keep on watching and reading po-”

                Tae Hyung jumped to cover Ho Seok’s mouth and wrestled him down on the floor. These guys are always silly. I knew what J-Hope’s going to say, but that’s a secret and it would be an embarrassment to Jimin if Tae Bi figured out that he’s a fan of NC-17 stuffs. Jimin also joined Tae Hyung in bullying J-Hope, and the three of them chased each other around the house like kids.

                Jungkook lay down in the sofa and took a nap right after eating. He seemed tired since yesterday, maybe the commotion regarding my relationship affected him, or maybe it’s just that we didn’t sleep since yesterday.

                “I’ll wash the dishes,” Tae Bi told me, and she also stood up. I helped her clean the table but Nam Joon suddenly lent a hand for Tae Bi. He took the plates and brought it to the sink. That made me stand on my feet, but I didn’t do or say anything. I was just shocked and suspicious. Why is he acting like that in front of Tae Bi? This is what they called ‘jealousy’, right? But am I in the right position to get jealous?

                Tae Bi followed him to the kitchen and I just watched them do the dishes. Outside, I looked calm and fine, but inside of me, a volcano is preparing to erupt. Jin appeared from the bathroom and he saw me staring at the two. When I met his eyes, he just shook his head and smiled. What does that mean?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Night fell and everyone’s prepping for an early sleep. Manager’s not yet contacting any of us since this morning. He’s probably talking with our CEO about my matter. Well, I’m not worried about it because I just did what’s appropriate. Besides, the people liked it so what’s left for madness?

                “Suga,” Tae Bi is the only one not preparing for sleep. The boys are in their PJs already except for me and her. “I have to get my things in your car.” She told me. I almost forgot that she left her stuff in the car because we rushed to get here without being noticed by the fans. I nodded and took the car key from the rack. Tae Bi stopped me from going outside the door. I asked why.

                “You stay here. I’ll get my bags myself. We’re not sure if people are keeping an eye on us,” she suggested, showing her sweetest smile. But that didn’t stop me from opening the door.

                “Everyone knows we’re dating. What should we hide then?” I didn’t wait for her response and grabbed her hand. We walked outside the apartment while holding each other’s hands. It’s surprisingly quiet probably because no one’s around, but I could sense someone’s or many eyes were watching us secretly. I didn’t care as long as they won’t hurt Tae Bi. I even put my arm around her shoulders. Let those cameras take thousands of pictures of us. The car is parked a few blocks away from our dorm so we walked for a minute until we got there.

                I opened the trunk for her and she quickly shouldered two bags. Those bags seemed heavy but she didn’t give me one to carry.

                “Wait, I forgot your camera in the glove compartment,” she looked inside the car to check if she forgot something else. She gave me her bags and went inside the car. I scratched the back of my head due to Tae Bi’s hasty acts. She was at the passenger’s seat so I sat at the driver’s and locked the door.

                “Found it,” she was holding my camera and put it in one of her bags I was carrying. Then, she tried to go out but the door’s locked. “Suga, you locked the door.” She said, as if I made a mistake. But it’s intentional.

                I transferred her bags at the back seat and inclined my chair. “I couldn’t sleep if you’re not beside me. But in here, I could sleep comfortably because you’re there.”

                She wasn’t moving, but her eyes were lying heavily on me. She looked surprised, which I find cute all the time. Because she’s not doing anything but stare at my face, I also inclined her chair and leaned her down, like I was animating a new born robot. I was expecting she would stop me from doing it, but she remained quiet.

                “You look tired. Get some sleep,” I said, and brushed away the hair on her face. Instead of facing the car ceiling, I leaned on my right side to face Tae Bi. She also moved so that we’re facing each other, and I swear this is better than sleeping in the bed.

                “Is this your car?” she suddenly asked an alien question. I never thought she would ask that in the midst of this situation.

                I shook my head, “I just borrowed this. But if I get myself a car, you’ll be my first passenger.”

                She smiled to that, and her eyes closed. Her breathing was steady but mine wasn’t. I am everyday breathless to see her. Before, I really did my best and even tried ridiculous stuff just to give myself a glimpse of her, but now, I don’t have to do any of it because we’re always close as this. Nothing can tear us apart. Our love would keep us alive and resilient. I was staring at her for minutes, admiring her beauty. Everything about her is gorgeous, from her words to her smile. Why would I look for other woman if she already outshined all of them?

                Meanwhile, she opened her eyes again and I ran out of words. I thought she’s sleeping.

                “I’m just wondering,” she said, and she leaned her cheek on the back of her palm. “When I accidentally fell in your arm during your Boy In Luv promotion, did you see me as a sasaeng fan?”

                That day is very memorable to me because that’s the first time I saw her. It brought a commotion on social media because they thought she’s a sasaeng, but others started calling me Sugahero that time. That’s the day I got infatuated with her.

                “I never considered you a sasaeng,” I answered, giving her a sweet smile. “Actually, it is not just you who fell that day, I also fell for you back then. That’s the reason I started looking up for you. You are so beautiful then and now that I couldn’t stay still without your presence.”

                Tae Bi covered her face before giggling. She leaned on her back and looked at me.

“Really? Now I feel more at ease. I thought you were mad at me on the first day of our meeting. I was so clumsy.”

She must feel butterflies in her stomach right now because of what I said. Thankfully, it didn’t sound corny. I said those words like I was rapping. With swag. Her gorgeous eyes were happy as she stared at me. Her broad smile is no match to the sun, but it melts my heart. Meanwhile, she pulled something underneath the collar of her shirt. It’s the puzzle-piece necklace.

                “While I was searching for you, I suddenly thought that my life wasn’t yet satisfied and complete. Something was missing. I compared myself to a puzzle. I thought after being a successful artist, I already collected all of my pieces, but no. There’s an empty spot that was really noticeable. I realized that the lost piece was you. You who could complete me.” I shared, my voice was low and soft like I was sick, or maybe I wasn’t used to explain such things like this. At least, I was able to tell her what my mind was dying to shout out. I want her to know that.

                I also showed my necklace to her, and she touched it. “I hope I’m also a puzzle piece in your life.” I said, somewhat giving her aclue that I want to hear her say those three words to me. I didn’t mean to start a silence between us, but her lips halted from smiling. None of us spoke and I want to punch my face for saying that. Did I sound like I was trying too hard? Am I pressuring her?

                “I’m not-”

                “You’re not a puzzle piece for me,” she uttered those words and I was drowned by it. She said it with no emotions. Her face was serious but her eyes never left me.This is it. She would finally reveal her true feelings for me. She would say that she doesn’t love me yet. She would tell me that those precious days we shared together were just for fun. I don’t know what I would do after this. I would be beyond heartbroken. Please Tae Bi, no.

                “I love you, you know that,” Now I sounded like begging. I felt really bad for myself. Is this the feeling of being dumped? It’s really catastrophic.

                She quickly sat up and held on my shoulder. She looked worried but that gave me a bit of comfort.

                “You’re the whole puzzle for me, Yoon Gi,” she moved down her hand to mine and I held on to it tightly because I don’t want her to leave me. I am not a puzzle piece to her, but the whole puzzle itself. I am delighted to hear that. I was so wrong to think of her like that. Tae Bi is my girl. She is my music. “I love you.”

                I bolted up with my eyes widened, “Do you? Really?” My lips were smiling already.

                Tae Bi finally showed her sweetest smile again. I thought it was the end of the world for me just a while ago, but Tae Bi just saved me. “I love you so much.”

                That’s what I was waiting for. Now, I am really complete.

                She wrapped her arms around my neck and we looked at each other’s eyes intimately. I had girlfriends before but she is the only one I desire to be my wife forever. I held on her waist and didn’t stop myself from kissing her.