Miss Right

EQUAL

[Suga’s POV]

                Thankfully, I’m always in good terms with time because if not, I won’t be able to come for Stef or save her from attempted suicide. I call Seul Bi noona, my make-up artist, to thank her for letting me borrow her car. After my meeting with Dispatch and manager, I eagerly looked for someone who’s trustworthy and has an automobile because I desperately wanted to go back to Stef. About the meeting and interview? It went well because I bluntly said the truth and my feelings for Stef. No more delaying tactics. So, I guess the news about me would be exposed to public and viral on social networking sites. Even though manager’s irritated at me, I still don’t feel nervous or anxious. I’m happy because I’m with Stef now. This sounds selfish, but for me this is freedom. I’m not a puppet. I work to give happiness to the fans, not to please the people and to be controlled by anyone. This is life.

                The stoplight beams ahead of us and I press on the break. I look at Stef who’s sitting on the passenger’s seat, beside me.  Her beautiful sleeping face worries me because I know that inside that gorgeous appearance, there’s no tranquility. She’s still in pain, her heart is still in great pain. Even if she didn’t tell me the reason why she walked in the rain, I know that the only reason is that, she already found out the wickedness of Peter. And her best friend. I like to avenge Stef, but it’s not much important right now and it will only waste my time. Besides, I’m already here and she’s here. We’re inseparable.

                My finger caresses her cheek, down to her chin and I stare at her pale red lips. If only we’re in the recording studio, I would be able to produce and compose dozens of songs just by looking at her like this. She’s inspiring me. She’s my music. I’m insanely in love with her and nothing could disintegrate my feelings for her. She could also consider me as her fan.

                Meanwhile, Stef’s brows move and I quickly put back my hands on the wheel, but my eyes are still glued to her, anticipating for those eyes to open.

                I should stop by the nearest mall and buy clothes for her before she gets cold by the wet dress she’s wearing. It’s going to be my fault if she gets sick again. I cannot wrap my coat around her because it’s also wet due to the rain. Just like her, I’m completely drenched, too. The air conditioner is off because for sure, we’ll both get cold.

                The stoplight turns green and I drive again carefully. Stef starts to move consciously and she gets more awake when my phone rings.

                I park the car at the roadside and the rain starts to fall again. I answer Jin’s call.

                “Hyung,” I say.

                “Hey, how are you? How’s Stef?” he asks, there’s worry in his voice. I really owe Jin because he always makes his big help available for me. I realize that despite his reprimand for me, I know he’s still on my side. I was with him when I talked with the people of Dispatch and manager. Without him, I’ll definitely be buried by manager’s scold. After the interview, manager went to the restroom. That’s the time when Jin told me to go to Stef before the boss returns. I was reluctant at first because it will get worse if I leave without permission, but hyung assured me that he’ll settle all of it down coolly. Without second thought, I rushed outside with Seul Bi noona’s car keys and drove to Oak Valley to look for Stef. But when I was on my way there, my eyes caught her crying on the street.

                “We’re fine, hyung. We’re on our way to Ansan. How about you? How’s the ambience there?” I ask, my voice is serious too.

                I couldn’t see him but I know he’s now smirking. “It’s polluted here because of the media. The news about you and ‘uniquegirl’ is announced earlier than expected that’s why all kinds of paparazzi are now falling in line outside Fans are also here, waiting for you, but you’re not here so I guess I should speak in behalf of you. I’ll be the star for today. Haha.”

                However, I don’t laugh with him. “How about manager? And the members?”

                I’m already expecting for those audiences to arrive in front of our building. But, manager’s response is still unpredictable and scary.

                “Don’t you worry, baby. I just said the only right answer-you went to Stef. Period. Although he has already the answer, he’s still boiling because you disappeared. The members understand, so just enjoy your trip and confession. But be back soon, okay? My charm won’t last long here. They need the real protagonist.”

                I couldn’t say anything but thanks. He did so much for me since the day I first saw Stef. Even though his help is often ambiguous, I could still assure myself that it is genuine.

                “I’ll be back soon. Many thanks, man,” I say and smile.

                He told me to take care and I hung up the phone.

                I am about to drive again when I notice Stef staring at me with her tired, surprised eyes. I did nothing but smile.

                “Suga?” her voice cracks, telling me that she gets cold. She sits upright carefully because her body’s still aching. I try to help her but she raises a hand to stop me. “Am I still in my dream? What am I doing here with you? I think I’m having schizophrenia.” She leans her head back and closes her eyes to concentrate. I don’t speak because I know she’s in a state of great shock. My words won’t be believable to her so it’s just right to remain silent and let her realize first that this is reality.

                Ten minutes of silence passed, Stef opens her eyes and looks at me for the second time. Her beautiful eyes I longed to see make me shiver. She looks at me with curiosity and surprise.

                “Why don’t you speak? This is really a dream,” she sighs and palms her forehead. Tears start to form in her eyes and I feel like crying, too. It seriously breaks my heart whenever she’s like that because it only means that I’m not helping. “Tell me this is a dream. Why do I still feel this excruciating pain in my heart? Why do the names Peter and Charamaine still exist in my head? Why am I still alive? Why are you here?” she starts to cry, burying her face into her palms. “I thought it’s all over.”

                “Tae Bi,” I finally speak, hearing my voice makes me feel like I’m inside her dream, too. That’s right, I should call him Tae Bi, not Stef.

                I pat her shoulder with care to provide comfort. She puts down her hands to her drenched clothes and looks outside the windshield.

                “Everything including the pain tells me that this is real,” then she looks at me. “but seeing you and hearing your voice tell me that this is all a dream. Thank you, Suga, for visiting me in my dream. I wish you would still be there when I wake up.” Our eyes are so glued to each other. I wish this won’t end. Just like our first meeting, our stare seems like it’s going to last forever. It still feels like our first meeting, my heart’s beating crazily fast. Even if I didn’t meet her at KBS, but today or in the following years, I would still be in love with her. Be crazy over her. No matter what or who I am.

                Stef moves her hand to touch my cheek and I can’t help but smell that hand on my face. My act surprises her so she quickly backs her hand away.

                “I’m sorry,” I blush. “I didn’t mean to do that,”

                Stef covers and shows her complete surprised face, “Suga, is that…is that really you?” her voice is low but it’s filled with excitement. It’s cute to see her surprised reaction again despite those puffy eyes and tired voice.

                “Suga of BTS? Yes. This is really me,” I try to adjust the gloomy atmosphere to a humorous one. However, she’s still not smiling.

                “No way,” she whispers in awe, and stops from crying. She tries to touch me again but in a reluctant way.

                I smile and grab her hand.

                “You feel the warmth of my hand?” I ask her with my cutest smirk. Lots of ARMY will definitely love to see me do that, but Stef remains still on her seat. She just nods because obviously, she’s speechless. “This means you’re awake. This is not a dream, Kim Tae Bi.”

                She shrugs when I touch her cheek. I could feel the ‘electric shock’ passing through us. It’s awesome. The sweet lyrics I wrote for our albums are becoming more evident. Now, I realized that those lyrics are also dedicated for me.

                “How sure are you that this is reality? You touching me?” she awkwardly asks. Her cheeks are blushing and I’m not sure if she’s aware of it. I still find her beautiful.

                I reveal our couple necklace, “I am Suga of BTS and you are Kim Tae Bi, my number one fan. Now, that explains reality, right?”

                She leans back again and closes her eyes disappointedly, “This day is really heavy. Maybe sleeping in my dream could help. I have to wake up to reality later. Or in heaven.”

                I nod and start the car, “Sure. Wherever you go, I’ll be there, too, my miss right.”

                She didn’t respond but her lips smiled.