Boy in Luv

EQUAL

[Suga's POV]

                Our title track “Boy in Luv” was a big help to our group BTS. None of us were expecting that that song, as well as the music video, would push us to popularity and success. Since February 2014, BTS didn’t just gain fame, we also started collecting trophies and recognitions from many music shows. In fact, we received our very first Triple Crown award through our song “Back to Back”. It has a catchy tune and strong beat that every hip-hop lover will definitely love. Ecstasy is not enough to describe my feelings during that day. I felt more than that as I see our fans’ undying support; our CEO’s hardwork; our parents’ love; and of course, the strong bond and participation of our group. Everything’s amazing and amiable that’s why I’m always able and inspired to produce good pieces of rap and lyrics for BTS’ albums. 

                                                                           ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                We’re scheduled to perform on Music Bank today and our van gave itself a rest as we reached the parking lot where plethora of ARMY was waiting.

                I put down my headphone and looked outside the tinted window, waiting for the securities to surround our vehicle so that we could get off.

                I was seated at the back with Jin hyung on my right and Jimin on the left who’s checking the current result of MuBank’s weekly chart. His manly face got a little bit disturbed and I could tell why.

                “EXO-K, Infinite, 2PM, and next week Super Junior will make their comeback,” Jimin shook his head in anxiety. Since we made our comeback last week, he always monitors the weekly chart of every music shows to check our progress; however, the big idol groups were flying with us so it’s going to be hard for us to soar high. “How are we going to get the 1st place if these monsters are blocking our way?” he clucked his tongue and shook again his greedy head.

                Jin hyung extended his arm and ruffled Jimin’s hair. He smiled like he’s the good angel in this car.

                “Park Jimin, we’re here not to grab the victory,” hyung started. “We arrived here to show to everyone that our music is what makes us dashing and famous, not the awards we get from them,” Jin hyung calmly explained. He’s really good at washing away the bad thoughts from our despicable brain. Not just because he’s the oldest here, but it seemed like he’s really born with a positive perception. No offense, but many people think that Rap Monster is really the oldest here because Jin hyung has this well-toned physique and younger-looking face than our leader.

                Jimin nodded and put on his favorite black cap with a small image of a red bull stitched on its right side. “I understand, hyung. I was just kidding. Well, I know that we’re not after the prize, but you know, sometimes it’s hard not to worry because expectation always comes along.”

                Jin smirked and that’s what most of our fans drooled for--his drop-dead-gorgeous smirk. That smirk shows either his good or bad auras or both.

                “You don’t have to worry. Just focus on this: You are performing because you want to make our fans happy and satisfied. When you focus on that, you’ll be able to perform very well.” He ended his golden speech with a pat on Jimin’s and my shoulder. The other guys gave him a round of applause, showing to Jin hyung that they’re also listening to his advice. Yes, we always do that wherever Jin hyung transforms into a counselor or cooks food for us. He’s like a caring mother that’s why I always stay close to him to fill myself with good vibes. Even though he looks weird or ignorant in front of the cameras often, we still love and respect him.

                “Hey Yoon Gi hyung,” Ho Seok caught my attention because of the metal black Instax he’s holding. He was grinning at me and I know what that means. “Can you take a picture of me?”

                Very vain. But, I’m used to it. He’s a camera-lover along with Tae Hyung and Seok Jin hyung. Need proofs? Go check out our Twitter account and ARMY’s tumblrs. They have the most number of selcas and candid shots.

                I took his camera and looked through the looking glass. Ho Seok showed his manly pose without a smile. Suddenly, Tae Hyung bumped into him and his joker-pose was included in the shot. The picture turned out to be funny because Ho Seok’s serious portrayal blended well with Tae Hyung’s comical one.

                The photograph was released instantly and I looked at it first before handing it to Ho Seok who’s now half-pissed off because of Tae Hyung’s sudden appearance at his photo shoot.

                “Here,” Tae Hyung offered a pen to J-Hope and grinned. “Write a caption and give it to a fan out there.” His voice sounded like he’s insulting and he burst out laughing. Ho Seok punched the joker’s arm after grabbing the pen. I leaned closer to see what caption he’s going to write on the photo paper. It says: I’m your hope, J-Hope, and I’m going to arrest this villain V.

                V seemed not contented of the caption, but before he could react, Nam Joon, who’s sitting beside our driver-manager, told us to get ready and go outside.

                We’re all excited. When Tae Hyung slid open the door, a rousing chant of ARMY grew louder and I could feel the vibration on the floor caused by their loud voices. They’re all awesome for they never fail to show their vivacious support to us. They’re the reason why I don’t get disappointed when we don’t win on music shows. What matters is our fans’ genuine love for our music.

                I was the last to get out of the van. Securities were doing their job well by giving us a clear way to KBS’ building.

                “SUGA! SUGA! SUGA!”

                “J-HOPE! BTS Saranghae!!!!”

                “JIN! JIN! JIN!”

                Despite the commotion, I could still distinguish who are the fans of whom. Jin’s name was the loudest but when J-Hope extended his hand to give his photo that was recently shot to a lucky fan, the cheers grew united and resulted to, “WAAAAAAH!!”

                Dozens of cameras, both huge and medium-sized, were everywhere. After I debuted, I always feel like everyday is red-carpet day because there are paparazzi-fans, securities, limousine-like van and stage. We just missed the red carpet itself.

                We’re now close to the main entrance because I could see the top of the glass doors even though my height is not that good. Still, numbers of heads were blocking us that’s why we’re having a hard time to proceed. We’re being squeezed and the crowd was getting wilder.

                Our manager made his way to the front to tell the fans to move out of our way. His patience was going to run out because he kept on scratching the back of his head angrily and his eyebrows were furrowed. This is the 5th time we encountered such milieu. I don’t know how to react because having wild and exuberant fans around irritate all of us; however, it makes me feel good at the same time because these people are my proof that BTS is really a popular and burgeoning group in Korea.

                “Move please! MOVE!” the guard on my right also started shouting like our manager. I couldn’t stop myself from looking cautiously at my either sides because someone might grab my arms or feet. We’re close to the fans right now and if not because of these guards, we might be swallowed wholly by the crowd.

                And it almost happened.

                A petite lady who has a sweaty forehead and wet face due to tears suddenly appeared like she’s pushed away from the squeezing multitude. If my adrenaline didn’t work, she would fall straight to the floor very bad and head first.

                I bent forward and caught her shoulders with my left arm. We almost fell because she really popped up in front of me with great speed.

                We looked at each other and an unexplainable feeling attacked me.

                I was thinking of the lines: “My world goes in slow motion when I look at you,” and “The time stops between us,” because I could feel it right now. It’s absurd, yet pleasing. She’s beautiful. Her black irises match her long chestnut wavy hair and flawless white complexion. Those teary eyes were telling me that it’s not her fault to step on my way.

                A teardrop fell from her eyes and it unintentionally made me take my handkerchief from my pants-pocket. I softly wiped off the tears from her blushing cheeks and moved up to her sweating forehead. She was just still like I was staring at an impeccable artwork.

                We continued staring at each other’s eyes and I was so hypnotized by her beauty. It’s amazing because the world really seemed like it stopped from moving. The noise of the crowd, the tension everywhere, and my heartbeat halted.

                I’ve never been in love and I don’t know what it feels like to be in love. I asked myself, when I feel light-headed and excited because I’m holding her and our eyes are so glued to each other, does it mean that I’m already inlove?