New World 2

My Brother, My Lover

"Appa," I shaked appa inside the car.

"What's wrong princess?"

"What is she like?"

"She's beautiful and smart like you."

"How about her son?"

"I haven't met him yet, like you, but I heard that he's good in music and he is quite famous." Dad, you don't know a lot of things now. Maybe I met him before. Ah, stop thinking about him, _____. This is your chance to finally escape. "I think you guys will get along."

"That's good, I guess."

"How is your boy-"

"Sir, we have arrived."

 

 

Wew! Dodged a bullet...and wow! Their house is huge! This is really big for only 2 people...it's as big as our house in America. The maids greeted us and they were all lined up as they bowed. The chauffeur stood there too and a few guys in formal suits (who look like butlers) helped get our things from the car. The big door in front of us opened and all the people turned their attention to a tall pretty woman wearing a long elegant black dress. Beside her stood....

 


[Earlier that day]

 

"HENRY!! I can't believe you just woke up! Hurry up and get dressed, they're arriving soon!"

"Omma, you never even told me the name of-"

"That doesn't matter! Go put your best suit on!"

"Okay, okay. I give up."

"Hurry up!"

 

I walked into my dressing room, still a little bit sleepy and grabbed the suit I liked the most. It looked good with my hair. I fixed the bow and put gel on my hair and a few makeup to hide my panda eyes. I've been sleeping so late..no wonder I wake up so late too. I put on the shoes omma bought and stepped out of the spacious dressing room.

 

"You look great, son. You sure have great taste."

"Omma, one of my jobs is to put on good clothes everyday."

"Now that's my boy!"

"Omma, I hope you'll be happy. That's the only reason why I agreed to this."

 

[Back to present]

 

My eyes were locked on the girl who stood there wearing an elegant red dress. She looked so familiar, but I still couldn't get a closer look. She walked to us and took off the coat, showing off her great body. Why didn't she apply as an actress? Every director would love to work with her.

 

She bowed to us, and that's when I got a closer look. Her eyes twinkled like the stars and her smile...wait. She resembles....

 


 

"Henry? Is that you?"

"______?"

"Have you met each other?" Appa asked.

"Anni-"

"Yes, sir. I bumped into her in the park last week, what a coincidence." No! I shot Henry a death glare.

"Oh, Henry. You look really handsome in personal. I've heard a lot about you from your mother. You seem like a decent man."

"You as well, ______. I would love to have a daughter like you. Your eyes are really beautiful." Henry's mother replied.

"Thank you..ah..."

"Call me omma, since you'll be living with us from now on."

"Arrasso...o-omma."

"Good girl."

"Now, shall we get inside for dinner?"

"That would be great."

 

My new 'omma' clung onto father's arm and they walked ahead of us. I was left with Henry and we walked side by side awkwardly. I can't believe I'm now going to live with the person I wanted to get away from.

 

"So..."

"I...uh.."

"Welcome to the family." 

 

We arrived at the dining area and there in front of us was a big table and a grand chandelier above it. Henry pulled the chair out for me and I thanked him. He sat beside me while my father and his wife-to-be sat across the table. 

 

"So, I see that both of you have already met each other."

"Ne, omma."

"What do you do for a living, my daughter?"

"I enjoy writing. I graduated from Harvard in America and I'm writing for the biggest publishing company in Seoul right now. I am currently working on a novel and I draw when I have free time. I also manage our business sometimes, I also took business classes for the sake of Park Group."

"Impressive!" She clapped her hands.

"I heard you're famous here, Henry..."

"Ah yes, sir."

"Call me appa."

Henry looked at me before turning back to appa. "A-appa. I am a recording artist and singer-songwriter under SM Entertainment and I have already recorded my own solo album. It's called TRAP. I have played the piano since I was 5 and the violin since I was 6."

"Wow, you have great skills and potential...and you also inherited your great looks from your mother."

"I'm overwhelmed si....a-appa."

"I know that this is all too quick for the both of you and we are so happy that you are trying to make this work."

[After the dinner]

 

"Children, we will leave you here."

"We hope that you'll get to know each other better, know that you're brother and sister. Good night." And with that, appa and omma left us.

"I-I will be going to my...room.." I bowed and turned my back on him, running to my room. When I was about to close the door, there he stood, leaning against it.

 

"You didn't tell me you're a celebrity."

"You didn't tell me you have a famous boyfriend either."

"EX-boyfriend" I emphasized.

"Is that so?" He took a step closer and I moved back.

"What are you trying to do?" My body was pinned against the wall and his face was inches apart from mine. "O-oppa!"

"Shhhh.." he kicked the door close from behind.

 

~End of Chapter~


Cliffhangers, yay! What do you think will happen to YOU next? I hope you will look out for the next chapter ;) Thank you again for reading! Next update will be this weekend if I'm not busy.