Fantastic 2

My Brother, My Lover

 

I can tell that she's somehow irritated now. It's so hard to refrain from teasing her, though. She's too cute.


I mastered this song because of my collaboration with Yiruma and I'm sure she doesn't know about it. The song is so heart warming, I'm sure this will stop her from leaving,


I started playing the king of the instruments (piano) with my soft delicate hands. I hope she gets touched by it. I'm still curious about how she got his autograph though.


 



Am I hearing everything correctly? But how does he know this piece perfectly? 


That special song which claimed it's soft spot in my heart was now being played by the person who built his special place in my life. I can't help but fall in love with this song over and over again.


It had that melting melody that could stop anyone from their tracks wherever they are. I guess having a rich appa is also an advantage for me, appa has the money to invite Yiruma himself on my 18th birthday.


This song showed me that music doesn't just mean having good lyrics. Music needs a meaning...and that song is River Flows in You.


 



I successfully played the song with rubato and held the last note with all my abilities. I smiled in satisfaction when I eyed ______ and she was closing her eyes.


"How did you learn to play this song perfectly?" She asked innocently.

"Aish, don't you know that Yiruma and I played this song together?

"Jinja?" Her eyes widened. 

"Mmm. That's why there's no need for me to get jealous over an autograph." I yhrew the sheet to her.

"Why'd you have to take it in the 1st place?" She caught the sheet with her eyebrows furrowed.

"To catch your attention." I smiled. "Why do you have this anyway?"

"Is it that unbelievable?"

"Play a song for me then."


 



"Play a song for me then."


My heart jumped at his words. I have to think of something that sounds fantastic but not too classy. I stood there, dumbfounded, still trying to think of a better song. I couldn't think of anything else but Trap.


I had doubts because playing a song in front of the artist himself is a major risk. It's been so long since I touched these keys too. I've devoted myself to writing.


"Hello? Earth to _____?"

"Oh..."

"Are you gonna play now?"

"N-ne..."


My hands were shaking and I suffered mental block. I couldn't think of any other song to play than Trap. I'm gonna be screwed.


"Aish...just play already."


I touched the keys and started playing. I wasn't sure of the notes but I can't care about that right now. What's important is I pull this off.


 



Wait, I recognize this song. It's...trap? Woah, she must have the skills. The intro wasn't flawless but as the song went further, the notes got smoother and her playing got better.


"Like a kitty in a cage..."


I started to sing with he playing, hoping she'd join me. It's good though, because this time I'm not trapped anymore like I used to.


 



Is he singing? Oh well, it's his song anyway.


I closed my eyes and played the piano like there was no tomorrow. When the song reached it's chorus, I couldn't help it anymore. The soothing melody of the piano and his voice just invited me to join him.


And I’m losing it I find my inner self, try to stay true to it
Gotta make a way out, ‘cause you ain’t true to me, ain’t true to me
I’m Trapped I’m Trapped


And now you’re losing me We had a future and a plan
But you don’t stick to it You have changed, but I’m the same
I haven’t changed a bit, haven’t changed a bit I’m Trapped I’m Trapped
I’m Trapped Oh- I’m Trapped Oh-


I held the last note gracefully and sang my heart out with little hope of satisfaction from him. I know I'm not that good in singing, dancing or playing but at least I tried.


 



"How did you learn to play this? Did you purchase sheets?"

"No. I just made my own arrangement up through listening in youtube since-" I paused. "-that day."

"You have a really great singing voice, why not pursue a career in music?"

"You've got to be kidding. I'm not that good. I mean, if this is all a facade, you can drop the acting."


What is she talking about?


"What are you talking about?"

"..." She lowered her head.

"Believe in yourself, okay? You have a great voice and I know how it feels."

"You do?"

"Mmm..." I nodded. "That feeling when they call you a gay for being the only guy in the room who plays violin."

"Thanks."


She tried to kiss my cheek but when her lips got nearer, I turned my head quickly to make it land on mine. I laughed as she turned beet red and I knew it was going to be a long music session.


 



"What is it again? You're really wasting my time!"

"Hear me out!"

"W-what's this?"


*10:50AM, Starbucks Coffee*


"Do you believe me now?"

"This is spectacular! This video can earn millions of views all over the internet and out site can earn a lot through this!"

"Slow down a bit."

"What do you mean slow down?"

"Take out the pictures first to the give people the benefit of the doubt."

"And the video?"

"That's until I say so."

"What?!"

"Get on it."


*blag!*


"Who's there?!"

 


What could it be? Who could it be? Find out in the next chapter and don't be afraid to voice out your thoughts!