Off My Mind 1

My Brother, My Lover

Before going to America, I deactivated all my accounts in social networking sites and changed my phone number temporarily.

 

I think this is the right thing to do. I need to find peace without him...and maybe when I come back, I can finally end this stupid feeling.

 

The hotel was kinda expensive but I used the salary my boss gave me. I unpacked all my things and the notebook caught my eye.

 

I guess not all people we think we can trust are trust worthy after all. If he already started dating Krystal, why would he agree to spend time with me in the first place than with her?

 

I reached the trash bin before I realized I had nothing else to write on. I left my laptop and other gadgets in Korea except for my phone. I decided to keep the notebook and think of it as a memory.


Where are you? Im not able to sleep, eat or do anything well because of thinking about you. Wasn't that my chance with Krystal? Didn't I like her before?

 

I covered my ears and screamed silently. Others would cry, but I didn't know what to cry for. I just felt insane.

 

"What's wrong?" Kyu tapped my shoulder.

"I don't know, hyung. I don't know."

"Is there something bothering you?"

 

I chose to tell Kyuhyun hyung everything. I feel like I can trust him, and besides. He always helps me with everything.

 

"Henry-ah, did you say Krystal came?"

"Mmmm..." I nodded.

"Didn't you like her?"

"I did....but I don't understand."

"Henry, you're in love."

"Huh?"

"When she's not around, you feel crazy.  When she's with someone else, you feel jealous and angry. When she cries, your heart breaks. When she smiles, your day lights up."

"Do you mean Krystal?"

"No, _______."

"But she's my dongsaeng...."

"Ara doesn't treat me like that. I mean, you said she looked hurt, right?"

"Ne, but I'm not sure."

"Then go ask her."

"I don't even know where she is."

"She's in America. New York is the place."


 

"Omma, help me. I don't know what to do."

 

I whispered as I placed the flowers I bought beside omma's tomb. I told her everything.

 

"I'm happy for Appa but... I'm being selfish to Henry. I don't know what to do omma, Im lost."

 

The cold breeze embraced me and I took it as omma's response. I might not be able to see her but I feel her presence and Im sure she hears me. She's the only one who can understand me right now.

 

I left the cemetery and decided on a walk around the block. It was 4 in the afternoon and everyone was still busy at this hour but it brought back memories. I missed this place. I was about to go back to the hotel when I saw someone I knew.

 

"Donghae?"

"________?"

 

What is he doing here?

 

"Ah," He scratched his head. "Krystal left me for-"

"I know."

"You do?"

 

We walked together and he told me about what happened with him and Krystal. He said that since that day, he stopped contacting her.

 

"So," he offered his hand.. "friends?"

 

I thought twice before shaking his hand.

 

"Friends."

"You um...you said you lived here before."

"Yeah.."

"Oh..."

"Um, why are you here anyway?"

"I wanted to clear my mind."

"Same reason.."

"Why?"

"Something...came up."


 

"Bwoh?!"

"Ne. You heard me, omma."

"You're going to America?!"

"Mmm.." I nodded.

"How did you-"

"I have my ways, omma."

 

I was about to head back to my room when omma called me.

 

"Why are you doing this?"

"I have to do something, omma. I have to be fair to her..."

 

I went back to my room and prepared my luggage. It doesn't matter where and when, as long as I find you, Park _______.


 

Sorry for the short update! Im so busy with projects at the moment but don't worry, I will try to update soon! Thank you unnies and oppas for reading!