A Day With My Brother 2

My Brother, My Lover

People looked at us suspiciously but I didn't care. Everything is nothing compared to ______'s trust. She held my hand. She held my HAND.

I looked at her and she gave me a genuine smile. It was the most beautiful smile I've seen for who knows how long.

Everytime I look at her, I feel the urge to protect her. I break inside whenever she cries. I fly above cloud nine whenever she smiles. Am I getting crazy?


Henry oppa was staring at me blankly. Is there something on my face?

"Henry oppa, your ice cream is melting..." He just looked at me and didn't respond. "Henry oppa, do I have something on my face?"
"A-aniyo."

I continued to eat my ice cream. Strawberry-flavored ice cream in a wafer cone, it's just like the ones I had in America when I was a kid.

I finished eating my ice cream and I turned to Henry oppa. He was still staring at me.

"You have something on your face." He whispered.
"Bwo?"

He leaned in and my heart started to beat rapidly. His face was getting closer and closer and I blushed like a tomato. I closed my eyes.

"Aigoo, what is my little sister thinking?" He wiped the ice cream on my face with his thumb.

"Oppa..." I pouted and stood up from where I was sitting. He's really weird, eh?

 

I walked to the nearby booths and saw a notebook.  It looked really beautiful and since I was a kid, I wanted to have lots of notebooks. Now, I get to write on them. I remembered I don't have any empty ones anymore.

I was drooling at the notebook when Henry oppa grabbed my arm and pulled me.

"Oppa!"

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the roller coaster. It looked very high and scary from where we were standing. He stopped and looked at me.

"Are you scared?"
"Mmmmm..." I nodded slightly and bit my lip.
"No need to be scared..."
"B-but..."

His grip over my hand tightened and it calmed me down. Whenever he holds my hand, I feel comfortable and safe. What if-

"C'mon, let's go!" He exclaimed and we ran to the ticket booth and bought our tickets. 

Soon, it was our turn. A few people lined up behind us and oppa convinced me to take the seat on the first row. I never rode a rollercoaster ride before, considering my fear of heights. I don't know how oppa did it but he surely succeeded.

The ridekeeper made sure we were safe before leaving us and I covered my face with my hands. I was too scared to look. Henry took the other and I covered my eyes with the one I had left.

The ride started and the screams sent chills down my spine. It got faster and faster, causing my grip on oppa's hand to get tighter too.

"______-ah, how are you going to enjoy the ride like this?" He whispered and held the hand that was covering my eyes.

He put it on my lap and I let him. I trusted him. I looked down, still lacking the courage.

"You can look..."

I looked up with my eyes closed and I slowly opened them. I screamed at the top of my lungs but the longer the ride got, my fear started to fade away and I found myself enjoying the ride. Henry oppa was right.

I lifted my hands up and waved them in the air. I overcame my fear, all thanks to oppa.

The ride ended and we got off. It was fun but it still felt so good to have my feet on the ground again.

"How are you feeling?"
"I feel great, oppa!"
"I'm glad." He smiled. "You should've seen the look on your face. It was priceless."
"Oppa!" I pouted and punched his shoulder lightly.

My mouth watered when a little girl passed in front us with a stick of cotton candy in hand. I love sweets (AN Pretend you do if you dont!)

My eyes shifted to the cotton candy kart. Many people were lined up to buy cotton candy.

 "Do you want to get some?"
"You read my mind."

We lined up with the people to get our cotton candy. The cotton candy man put an apologetic look when it was already our turn.

"Is there something wrong, sir?" I asked.
"Would you two be sweet enough to share?"
"I'm sorry?"
"I'm afraid we only have one serving left..."
"Oh..."
"We'll take it!"
"We will?" My eyes widened.
"Thank goodness." The cotton candy man sighed in relief. "Children these days eat a lot of cotton candy..."

The cotton candy man put ours on a stick.

"This is the last one, everybody!" He shouted. "It belongs to the couple right here!" 

C-couple?! We're not a couple! W-we're brother and sister...are we?

We walked to a bench after paying the cotton candy man. I was holding the stick.

"Aren't you gonna share?" Oppa pouted.

I took some from the stick and gave it to him. He still shook his head. Aigoo, this guy.

"Let's eat it together then!" I came up with a solution he finally agreed to.

We both started eating our sides of the cotton candy. It was sweet and puffy and it melted in my mouth which made a sweet sensation.

The cotton candy slowly disappeared minute by minute as we ate it. I was eating the last bits of my cotton candy that were near the stick when I realized that oppa was doing the same.

Our faces shared a tint of pink and we both stopped. I looked into his beautiful orbs and he smiled. His smile made all my heartache fade away in just one second.

I don't understand. My heart beats faster when he gets close. My cheeks heat when he's around.

Is this what I should feel towards my brother?

~End of Chapter~

 

Sorry for the grammar errors and typos! I was trying to type real fast...hope you like it!