Breakdown 2

My Brother, My Lover

 

"Doc, what's the matter?"

"______ is in a critical level. We have to perform surgery as soon as possible, but with all the blood she lost, she might not make it."

"What should we do?"

"Right now, she's comatose. If we take the risk and perform surgery, there's 50 percent chances she'll wake up and 50 percent chances she won't. If we just wait for her to wake up, it might take take months or even years for some or worse, her body might give up too. I'll leave the decision to her family. Please excuse me."

"Appa...what shall we do?"

"Let's talk this through."

 


 

Where am I? Is that... OMMA? Am I really dead?

 

"You're not yet dead, my love."

"Omma? If you're here, then where am I?"

"I'm here to help you."

"Omma!!"

 

I ran to omma and hugged her but my hands passed through. What on earth is happening?  Am I still on earth? 

 

"______, I'm already dead. I'm already a ghost, as the kids say."

"Omma, I'm confused. I don't understand anything."

"For rare cases like this one, we give the chance to pick between life and death."

"Are there even people who choose death over life, omma?"

"There are some people who did."

 

Omma clapped her hands and a giant bubble suddenly appeared. It showed a video of a girl being hit by older people who I assumed are her parents.

 

"One of the people who chose death over life is Joy. Her name tells the story of her life the opposite way. Joy lived a miserable life and thought that staying in my world would end her sufferings."

"Do you think it'll work for me?"

"Only you can decide what's best for you."

"Omma!"

"Once you take the same path as Joy, you will leave everybody in the human world."

"I..." I fell to my knees. "Is this the payment of forbidden love?"

"______, don't think about it like that."

"I don't want to leave Henry oppa, omma."

"There is actually one thing I can give you."

"What is it omma?"

"It helps everybody decide."

"Omma! Spill it out already!"

"Do you really want to continue?"

"Mmm." I nodded.

 

Everything disappeared and a church appeared in the background. This surely is omma and appa's wedding. Why am I even here? To suffer and cry?

 

Donghae, Krystal, our families, they're all here. SMILIING. I can't believe it. How did this happen?  Everyone wore white clothes which should be the motiff. But if everyone is here then where am I? There should be a me in here too.

 

I walked around the place and found the whole SuJu family. Kyuhyun oppa was even crying. Wait, what? Why would oppa cry on my appa's wedding?

 

The most confusing part of all is when I found omma and appa smiling happily on a bench inside the church. They can't just sit there! This is their wedding!

 

The bride entered but I couldn't see her face clearly because of the thick veil. I tried asking lots of questions to her but then realized she can't hear me.

 

Even Kibum and Hangeng are here. Everyone is happy but...where is oppa?

 

I was about to tear up when a bright smile filled the room in awe. There he is. The most precious man in my life, standing next to his bride. 

 

I tried to run and see who the bride is but my vision went blurry. Everything faded into the distance. I knew it. We can't exist. Henry oppa would end up marrying someone else, but who?

 

"He's going to marry you."

"Ah!!!" I turned around to see who spoke. "O-omma?"Omma just smiled and nodded. "What was that all about? Why do I have to see all of that?"

"We let special souls like you see the future." Omma explained. "I must say, you are really lucky compared to Joy."

"Bwoh? But why?"

"Joy saw her future too but she didn't like it. That's how people decide between life and death, my dear."

"How about you, omma? Did you see your future too?"

"So, what is your choice?"

"Omma! Stop dodging my question!"

"Yes! I saw my future. Your father would leave me for another girl and I would go chasing after him and be the other woman. That's supposed to be my future!"

"Omma..I'm sorry."

"..."

"But why? Why would appa leave you?"

"Fates are interconnected. To make your happy ending, we must sacrifice ours."

"Omma, I still want to live. I want to live for you, for appa and even if my dream never happens, I will accept it."

"I'm sure it will. Now go, you've been trapped in here long enough, they must be waiting for you."

"I'll see you again omma and next time I'll be with you, but not now."

"I'll wait for you, dear."

"Until then."

 


 

Omo, it's been a very long time since I updated. Mianhae, mianhae, mianhae *bows* I was very busy and I almost lost the notebook where I wrote everything (I even finished writing the ending for this) and I wanted to cry. It took almost 3 weeks before I accidentally found it. Mianhae again. I hope you understand. But hey! Look at the bright side! I'm back for good and expect updates till the end! See you in the upcoming last SIX chapters!