I Would 2

My Brother, My Lover

*teet teet teet teet*

 

Hold on, ______. We can do this. You can do this.

 

~

"Henry, you're right. We can't let another day pass by without doing anything."

"Appa, if you don't mind me asking, what are you talking about?" I was busy eating my lunch when appa barged in.

"The surgery, Henry. I'm talking about that."

"Oh, I thought you were talking about food."

"Aish, you pabo. Tell me again why I like you?" Appa snorted.

"Because I'm your favorite son?" I grinned.

"You're my only son..."

"Appa, I hate to interrupt your moment but can you at least let me finish eating?"

"Fine."

"Kamsahamnida."

~

 

"Henry, where are you going?"

"I...um... I'm going to the comfort room."

 

I fled from outside the OR. I can't take it. I can't watch her play the game of life and death. I went to the prayer room and prayed silently.

 

God, I can't lose her. She's the most precious thing in my life. She's the only reason why I'm still walking on the right path. She's not my choice, she's my direction.

 

Right now, she's not safe. We made a choice that doesn't just greatly affect her life, it will greatly change her life. It will change my life too, that's for sure.

 

I know I'm not the kindest person and I have not yet done any great deed to deserve her but all I know is I need her. My life wouldn't be complete without her and it will never be the same either.

 

I know that loving her can be a sin but I can't care any less about what people might think. You gave us the right to love and the freedom to dream and right now, she's my only dream, my eternal love.

 

I went out of the room with little hope in my heart. Just like what Kyuhyun hyung sang, hope is a dream that doesn't sleep.

 

It doesn’t matter if I’m lonely. Whenever I think of you
A smile spreads across my face.
It doesn’t matter if I’m tired. Whenever you are happy
My heart is filled with love.
Today I might live in a harsh world again.
Even if I’m tired, when I close my eyes, I only see your image.
The dreams that are still ringing in my ears
Are leaving my side towards you.
Everyday my life is like a dream.
If we can look at each other and love each other
I’ll stand up again.
To me, the happiness of those precious memories
Will be warmer during hard times.
For me, hope is a dream that never sleeps.
Like a shadow by my side you always
Quietly come to me.
To see if I’m hurt, to see if I’m lonely everyday
With feelings of yearning, you come to me.
Even if the world makes me cry, I’m okay.
Because you are always by my side.
Like dust, will those memories change and leave?
I’ll keep smiling to ease my heart.
Everyday my life is like a dream.
If we can look at each other and love each other
I’ll stand up again.
To me, the happiness of those precious memories
Will be warmer during hard times.
For me, hope is a dream that never sleeps.
No matter how many times I stumble and fall
I’m still standing like this.
I only have one heart.
When I’m tired you become my strength.
My heart is towards you forever.
So I swallowed the hurt and grief.
I’ll only show you my smiling form.
It doesn’t even hurt now.
I’ll always hold on to the dreams I want to fulfill with you
I’ll try to call for you at the place I cannot reach
I love you with all my heart.

 

"Henry! Henry! Where were you?!"

"I went to the comfort...room?"

"The operation is a success! ______ SURVIVED!"

"Thank goodness."

 

Omma and I rushed back to the OR and they informed us that the operation succeeded but it will still take a while before ______ goes back to her normal state like nothing happened. That's okay. I can wait until the world ends as long as I am guaranteed that she's safe.

 

"We will put her back to her room and then you can be with her. Excuse me."

 

Omma cried tears of joy. We made it. We made the right choice. I knew she could do it. We all believed she can.

 

I texted Donghae hyung about the news and immediately called Kyuhyun hyung. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have the courage to make this choice. Once again, like he did before, he helped me get her back. He helped me prevent ger from getting away.

 

"Yoboseyo? Don't you know I'm busy right now?"

"Hyung! I have good news!"

"Okay, but make it quick. I'm shooting right now and my 2 minute break is almost over."

"Our dongsaeng survived! She did it!"

"I told you she could do it!" I can smell the scent of his pride sprayed all over his face from the phone. "If it wasn't for me-"

"I know, I know. Thanks hyung."

"That's what friends are for. Anyway, I have to get back to work now. I'll call you back when I get the chance."

"Arrasso."

 

I sighed in relief. This is it. She made it. She won the fight.

 

This could be the beginning of new adventures and new challenges but I know that as long as _______ is by my side, I can overcome any challenge that fate throws at me.

 

Tomorrow is still uncertain, or the next day, or the next year, but that doesn't matter. What matters is what I have right now, my greatest treasure. That treasure is what I'll keep today and what I'll wake up to every morning for the rest of my life.