Public Figure 2

My Brother, My Lover

 

When I came here, a confusing conversation greeted me.

 

"I don't even know your name. How can I trust you?"

"I cannot tell you my name for now but the pictures will speak for themselves."

"Its been years since he had a relationship. Are you sure about this?"

"Yes sir, I saw them with my own two eyes."

"The source is very poor and I need a clearer image."

"Yes sir. I'll work on it."

 

After a few days....

 

"When are you going to finish it? The magazines will be published in a week already!"

"I don't care about the magazines! As long as the public sees this, it will just be as good."

"You still have to make sure that this is a FACT."

"I told you, I saw it with my own two eyes!"

"The pictures you gave me doesn't show the face clearly. This could be just any girl!"

"I'll send you more proof soon, but I'm sure it was her."

"I'll believe you when you do."

"Oh, you will."

 

And now...

 

"What is it again? You're really wasting my time!"

"Hear me out!"

"W-what's this?"


*10:50AM, Starbucks Coffee*


"Do you believe me now?"

"This is spectacular! This video can earn millions of views all over the internet and out site can earn a lot through this!"

"Slow down a bit."

"What do you mean slow down?"

"Take out the pictures first to the give people the benefit of the doubt."

"And the video?"

"That's until I say so."

"What?!"

"Get on it."

 


And I didn't even get the chance to tell _____ that it was a picture of her and Henry. Why do I still care.... I should be even happier about this. I can't stop thinking about you.

 



"Oppa, you're a public figure! Any minute now, that picture can destroy you!"

"Calm down! We don't even know what's in it and where it is!"

"But we do know that Krystal has it..."

"What are you thinking?"

"Let's follow her." I smiled.

"Are you crazy? What if we get caught?"

"Then let's call Kyu oppa for help!"

 

"Yoboseyo?"

"Kyu-oppa!"

"______-ah!"

"Oppa, are you busy?"

"Well..."

"I need your help."

"If my dongsaeng needs me then I'll be there!"

"Jinja? Gomawo, oppa!"

"I'll be at your house in an hour, okay?"

"Arrasso."


We waited for Kyuhyun oppa to arrive and explained everything to him. He nodded in understanding and shared his thoughts. He suggested that we follow Krystal because she's the only person who could lead us to it. We decided to follow his brilliant plan.


"Here's the plan. If we don't know where it is, we have to trick Krystal. And then you guys can sabotage the files. What do you think?"

"Brilliant plan, oppa! But how?"

"I'll call her and pretend to be that guy she made a deal with and then we can follow her. Once we get there, I can distract her and both of you can sneak in."

"Are you ready?"

"Aja aja!"

 



C'mon, Kyuhyun. You have to put all your acting skills in this one.


"Yoboseyo? Who is this? How did you get my number?"

"Miss Jung, it's me."

"Me who?"

"The editor..."

"Oh! Mr. Seo, did you change your number?" Lucky guess!

"Aniyo, I just used my friend's phone. Anyway, where are you now?"

"Huh? At my place, why?"

"I lost the copy of the photos and video that you gave me. Can you come to the office?"

"Ah, it might take a while. I still have to clean things around here."

"Arrasso. We'll wait."

"We?"

"I mean...I-I'll wait for you here."


Wew, that was close! Okay, it's show time!


 



I double checked my bag for the USB. How could Mr. Seo lose that? He's been bugging me about that almost everyday. Glad I didn't give him the original copy, this is the last one though.


I drove to StarMag's office and stopped near the door. What is Kyuhyun oppa doing here?

 



"Krystal! What a coincidence!"

"Oppa! You look handsome as always."

"Aish, stop making me blush. So, you want to grab some coffee?"

"But I'm waiting for someone..."

"Will you rather wait for that someone than have coffee with me?"

"Of course not, oppa!"


Yes! Jackopt, Kyu. Jackpot.


 



"Give me that!"


I snatched the hairpin away from oppa's hands and attempted to open the door. Well, because of my efforts, it successfully did.


We searched the whole room for the filed and finally found it after 30 minutes. It was well hidden and we made sure it's the right one.


"These are our photos in New York!"

"Look, there's a video too!"


We quickly went out of the building without anybody seeing us and smashed the CD into pieces, throwing it by the river. We did it!


 



"I should get going now."

"Thanks for having coffee with me." he winked.


That's odd. Not a single call from Mr. Seo. Well, I guess he already found it. I might as well make my way home.


 



"Guys, how did it go?"

"It was awesome, oppa! We were like detectives!"

"It was successful, hyung. We owe you a lot."

"Don't mention it. I'll be here if you need me."


 



"See? I told you we could handle it!" Oppa smirked.

"Without Kyu oppa, we wouldn't succeed. Without me, it could've taken forever before 
you could open that door!" I laughed teasingly.

"Aish, just be happy and stop teasing me, okay? I know I wasn't that useful."

"Pabo." I embraced him. "You're very useful...just in a different way."