Off My Mind 2

My Brother, My Lover

 

"How long are you staying here?"

"About a week or so." I answered Hae.

"Quite long, huh? I'm leaving tomorrow."

"Do you need some company to the airport? I don't have anywhere to go to tomorrow."

"I'd appreciate that."

 

Donghae told me his location and the time of his flight. I suggested that he leaves early in case the traffic gets heavy or there's an emergency.


 

Why is America this far from Korea? My manager is scolding me and my shootings are delayed, but still. Here I am, riding my car to the airport.

 

wore a cap and a jacket. Wearing sunglasses would be too obvious since there's no sun right now.

 

Lau Henry, this is all for her.


[hours later]

*knock knock*

 

 

"_____-ah! What are you doing here?!"

"I thought I'd join you to the airport, mister."

"Do you know what time it is?" Hae rubbed his eyes.

"Do you have any idea how far this hotel is from the airport?"

"Anni..." He scratched his head.

"Then start moving and let's go!"


_____ and I rode a cab to the airport. She looked sleepy and she rested her head on my shoulder.

 

I tried getting her back by being a bad guy, but I guess it didn't work. How did it turn out this way? How will I get you back?

 

Or is there already someone else inside your heart?

 

The time I feared has arrived. When we would reach the airport and she'd leave me. When I'd lose her to someone else, or perhaps I already did.

 

"Thanks.."

"Ah..no problem." I replied but my heart screamed otherwise.

"So, um..."

"Do you like...someone, now?"

 

*calling all passengers of flight...."

 

"Ah, look! There!"

"Oh well, thanks for helping me here. See you again."

 

I turned my back quickly to refrain myself from crying. She dodged my question, which means yes. My heart sank so low that I felt the need to pick it up from the floor.

 

I felt guilty. I gave her ten times more heartache than the one Im feeling right now. I deserve to be thrown away.

 

Wait, is that....Henry?!


Finally! After a long flight, I'm here! I feel like I could kiss the ground right now. This isn't Canada but it's still good anyway.

 

Is that Donghae hyung who just passed by? Wait, maybe that was just someone who looked similar. Perhaps I'm imagining things. I must be that tired, huh?

 

I was about to call a cab to the hotel when a familiar figurecaught my attention. Well, that was easy.

 

I ran towards her and fixed myself. Hey, if ______is here, then that guy earlier could really be hyung?

 

I stopped at that thought. Was she here to see him? Did they make up? Did they see each other?

 

My thoughts were slowly eating me and I didn't realize that she already turned around with her jaw dropped.

 

I took my cap off and she covered . Her eyes widened. It really is her.

 

"Oppa?" she mumbled. Thank goodness, it's really her.

 

I wrapped my arms around her as a response. She stood there in shock but hugged me back too.

 

"Are you really here?" She whispered.

"Ne, I came."

 

Our hearts were beating in chorus. Pabo, she feels the same way I do.

 

"Why are you here?"

"I came back for you."

 

She pulled away from our hug and punched my shoulder lightly. Aigoo, my little sister is blushing.

 

"It's not like I'm not going back, oppa."

"I know..."

 

I hugged her again and caught her in my embrace. I just couldn't help it. I go crazy when she's not around. This time, I'm never sending her away ever again.