Chapter 7

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Stop crying. This is not helping at all.” Baekhyun told her sternly for she did not really do anything but cry. Her eyes were all read and puffy but even the grumpy Baekhyun can’t stop her.


The sun was already starting to set and yet Hyemin had not moved in her place. While Baekhyun was trying to set up fire, gather food, and make a shelter for emergency, all Hyemin did was sob. He understands how she feels at that moment but that didn’t mean he would do the same thing. He wanted to survive and he was still hoping that they’d be rescued…someday.


“Go eat your dinner! I told you there’s no point in crying!” Baekhyun suddenly vented out. He was exhausted. He should be a little happy that he has Hyemin on his own but seeing her crying just doubled the pain.


“Do you expect me to be happy when we’re in this situation? We’re trapped in the middle of nowhere!”


“So does crying, will it help? No! They won’t even hear your sobs!” he sighed when the girl in front of him surprisingly stopped crying. “I understand you Minnie, but please…just take a rest. Let’s just hope everything will be better tomorrow.”


“Baek, did you find Chen?” she softly asked when she finally composed herself and gets to force to swallow the food that was given to her.


“I didn’t, I’m sorry. I tried but I couldn’t find him.”


“At least you tried, unlike me…I can’t do anything to save him.”


“Don’t think negatively. He’s safe, and he’s on his way to find you…don’t lose hope.”


“I hope so.” She pursed her lips and sniffed while still trying to eat. She really had no appetite but then Baekhyun said don’t lose hope so she needed to live on. She wanted to go home and rest comfortably, not to be stuck in an island. “Baek, how did we get here?”


“I don’t know either, I just woke up and we’re here.”


“I see.”


“So…you two really got married huh?” Baekhyun asked out of the blue. He was hoping she would just say no and they were on vacation but he saw the opposite. Hyemin nodded quietly.


“I’m tired Baek, I want to rest.” She said to avoid further questions from him. Baekhyun hummed in response as he started to lay out big leaves that he got from the forest. “How about you? Where will you sleep?”


“I’ll worry about it later when I’m sleepy.”


Silence. For the next minutes, or maybe hours, they can only hear the wind and the sea. It should be peaceful and relaxing but not in their situation. Baekhyun quietly sat by the sea side when he finished h

Please log in to read the full chapter