Chapter 17

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The two had a quiet chat after their unexpected meeting at the restaurant. Hyemin wanted to avoid him as much as possible but then doing so would make her look that she still has feelings for him. She really can’t deny that her heart thumped stronger when she saw him at her restaurant and especially when he called her with his nickname for her. Maybe because she didn’t expect him to act like something never happened.

 


“Nice to see you again.” She softly told him and Baekhyun grinned.


“Wow, I thought my eyes were deceiving me when Dahye entered the room since she really looked like you.” Baekhyun ruffled the girl’s hair.


“Everyone else says so, teacher.” Dahye smiled. “How did you know each other?”


“Uhm, he’s an old friend. He’s actually uncle Chanyeol’s best friend.” Hyemin told her daughter.


“Too bad, uncle Chanyeol just left.” She pouted and the mother patted her back, consoling her.


“Uh, so what can I get you?” Hyemin changed the topic but even before Baekhyun could answer Dahye had suggested something to him.


“Teacher, try mommy’s pancakes!”


“Dahye, let him choose, okay?”


“I’ll surely get that one, and just give me your specialty. Anything will do actually, for I am really hungry.” Baekhyun nonchalantly told her. He really didn’t mind whatever Hyemin would give him for he knew she was really a good cook. He was a good eater as well so it shouldn’t really be an issue for him.


“Okay…” Hyemin then went back to the kitchen while her daughter was left chatting with Baekhyun.


Finally, she has met her daughter’s favorite teacher so far and did not expect it was Baekhyun at all. Thinking of it, she really didn’t think of him when she was with Chen. She didn’t even imagine what future he could’ve but then he suddenly showed up as a successful man in front of her which made her so proud.


Soon, she was finished with his food and personally took it to his table where Dahye was seen happily giggling and joking around with her teacher.


“So how’s my daughter in school? Are her grades okay? Is she a good girl in school?” Hyemin playfully eyed her daughter and fortunately, Baekhyun still knows how to play along.


“She’s stubborn. Very stubborn.” He even shook his head and clucked his tongue, earning a pout and whine from the girl.


“That’s not true! I’m a good girl! I have lots of friends in school and I do my homework, and study, everyday!” Dahye exclaimed and pouted even more. The adults chuckled because of her. “What I said was true, right, teacher?”


“Yes, it is true. We were just playing with you…”


“I know it too honey, don’t be scared.” Hyemin giggled and ruffled her daughter’s hair.


“Teacher, how did you and mommy meet?” Dahye curiously asked as Baekhyun started to eat. “I don’t remember mom mentioning you when we’re in China.”


“Your mom and I were classmates in high school. We never had communication again after they moved.” Baekhyun said calmly. He was already nervous for the kid might dig in and he really didn’t want to tackle the topic of their relationship before.


“Why? I thought you were friends? Shouldn’t you be friends forever? I still call my friends in China when I have time.” Hyemin choked on her saliva. It was her decision to cut off all contacts with him without even thinking that they’d actually see each other again.


“I lost my phone after we landed and I can’t remember his number at all so we never had contact again.” She explained to her daughter. Baekhyun nodded and it somewhat fed her curiosity and stopped asking for a while.


“So, how’s…life?” Hyemin asked him after a few moments of silence.


“So far so good. I finished my studies after the incident and yeah…here I am, teaching your daughter. Technically, I’m still studying for my masters.”


“That’s really good to hear

Please log in to read the full chapter