Chapter 6

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Hyemin was woken up by the grumbling of her stomach. As much as she did not want to get up for her head was pounding, and the warmth wrapped around her, her stomach forced her to. She definitely remembered everything, every detail of the deed.


Chen groaned when she tried to move but it still did not stop her to stand up and grabbed something to fill her stomach. Her husband mumbled incoherent words and eventually let go of her, giving her a chance to get up and put on her clothes. Despite knowing that she might bump into Baekhyun, she won’t back down anymore nor cry. She didn’t want to be scared forever to face him.


The moment she stepped inside the hall, she saw Baekhyun drinking with a woman.


“Why so glum pretty boy?” she heard the woman talk to him.


“How can I be so happy when the woman I only loved is now married?!” Baekhyun blurted out and she swore she heard her chuckle. “What are you doing here anyway?!”


She somehow felt relieved to know that Baekhyun wasn’t interested in her…and still in love with her. It still made her fluttered and so full of herself, just like what she used to feel while they were still together. As unnoticeably as possible, she sat behind them and ordered for her food but her ears were still on the two people talking behind her.


“I’m not here to hit on you. Would you like to talk about your love problem?”


“What does it have to do with you?”


“I just wanted someone to talk to, okay? And I think you too…” Baekhyun was quiet for a few moments. By the time Hyemin heard her, she knew the woman meant no harm to Baekhyun at all. She even hoped that the woman can do something to help Baekhyun move an as well, and everything will be all right from then.


“She’s married…to another guy. I mean I broke up with her, so I should not be feeling this way…right?”


“Why did you break up?”


“Long story…” the woman shrugged and let Baekhyun continue talking. “…but what’s worse is, they’re also on this ship. I’m supposed to have some time for myself…to have fun, and look at what I’m doing.” Baekhyun smirked.


Hyemin can already see his flushed face due to the alcohol. She may be hungry before she saw them but then her appetite just went flying away from her. The food became tasteless and unappealing to her eyes.


“You’re drinking.” Hyemin heard the woman sigh. “Drinking is not helping you in anyway. You may forget for just a few hours but then when you wake up, will it make a difference? No, and it is also unhealthy to your body.”


For once, Baekhyun liked the woman’s presence. He stared at the liquor that he was about to drink.


“And if I know, that is quite pricey.”


“Well, it would be a shame if I’ll waste my money by not drinking it.” Baekhyun then gulped the content, imagining that it was his past relationship. Draining it down and eventually taking it out of his system in a few.


“Why don’t we try the casino, it is very fun there~”


“I don’t want to waste money.” Baekhyun narrowed her eyes at the woman and she laughed at him again.


“Well, I’m just asking you to go with me…and not all tables are filled with money, some just simply want to play a game.” She winked and Baekhyun sighed since he doesn’t have anything else to do.


The moment the two stood up from their seats, Baekhyun’s eyes landed on the woman behind them. She was looking at him with her very familiar beautiful eyes that captivated him for a moment. But the moment she looked away, as if he was air, he felt a pang of pain against his chest and he was already being dragged to the casino.


“She’s the girl, huh?” the woman asked and Baekhyun mindlessly hummed. “She’s beautiful.”


“I know.” Baekhyun sighed. He knew Hyemin was beautiful, inside and out. The whole package, but then threw it away.


“Have fun, Baek…” she muttered under her breath as she kept on poking her food. Her vision was getting blurry and she can’t help but to let tears run down from her eyes.


“Hyemin! Hyemin!” she heard Chen calling for her name. “Hyemin!”


She dried her eyes just in time Chen found her, and ran to her. She

Please log in to read the full chapter