Chapter 4

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“That would be 50$ sir.”


Baekhyun choked on his juice as he heard his bill. He grudgingly took out his wallet and paid the man, without even bothering to give a tip anymore.


“Do you want anything more, sir?”


“No thanks, I’m fine.” The waiter then nodded and then finally left. “God, I’ll be bankrupt in no time if I stay here longer.” He mumbled. He had just eaten a salad and a juice and yet it already cost a lot…at least for him. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all free but for other meals he had to pay more, and he had no choice, he was already famished.


“Nah, don’t say that. It is fun here~” a mid-aged woman sat beside him. He would’ve just shrugged it off if only she wasn’t so trying hard to be so y. “You seem to not have a company, mind if I join you?”


“I do mind.” He sternly told her.


“Oh come on, it should be fun. Later there’s going to be a party here, and I would like you to be my date.”


“Actually, I am with my wife and we’re on our honeymoon. The party is a really good idea, I should tell her that.”


“Sure thing.” The woman huffed when she stood up while rolling her eyes and left him.


“Cougar.” He bitterly spat and took a last sip of his juice. He threw the napkin on the table and walked back to his room. He did not have problem with age, but she was already old to be his mom and yet she acted as if she was a teenager. It was all about the attitude, and he hates it. If only she was like Hyemin…immediately he shook his head to take her off his mind.


Baekhyun just thought about the party the woman was talking about. But if the woman would be really there to nag him, then he would just love to lock up in his room.


“But you’re here to have fun…” he groaned and plopped down the couch.


“I should just request for your dishes next time and let’s see if they can really do better than you.”


“Of course they’re professionals, they will beat me! Oh, I heard there’s a party later, we should go~ Please don’t say no Chen~”


“Yeah, fine. But we should go have some rest first before we get ready.”


“Okay!”


“Gosh, these people are so noisy.” He complained but suddenly sat up straight when he finally recognized the voice. “Hyemin…” His eyes widened and rushed outside but they were nowhere to be seen anymore.


He went back to his room feeling confused. First, he wants to move one without her but then suddenly he wants her back. He was being bothered if the girl was really Hyemin and there’s only one way to be sure.


“You’re supposed to get over her!” Baekhyun scolded his self. “But at least talk to her for one last time. It’s now or never Baekhyun!”


After a few minutes of debating internally, he decided to still join the party and started getting ready as well. Dinner time has come, and he found himself pacing around the room. All black suit, well groomed hair, and a heart which was pounding madly against his chest…it wasn’t so perfect after all.


Taking a deep breath, he finally reached for the door and strut his way to the hall. It was already filled with guests when he came there. Men, women, children and even really old people. He didn’t even think of the social status but envied on how they actually have someone else with them. Most people were couples and family, and him? All on his own.


“Hey there, I thought you’re with your wife? I think you’re just lying to me~” the cougar showed up again and even hooked their arms together.


“I am not. She’s going to be here soon.”


“Aww, don’t be scared. I just want a date tonight.”


“Well, lying or not, you have no right to cling on me because I am not interested.” He unhooked their arms.

Please log in to read the full chapter