Chapter 25

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“What if I already have an offspring, would you still accept me?”


“What? You don’t mean that, do you?” Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows while facing him.


“It was just a question!” Baekhyun quickly defended to prevent her from suspecting him. He wasn’t sure but at least he wanted to be ready if ever Taeyeon would beat his off.


“Of course I’ll still accept you, even the kid. Let’s just say I understand his or her position and I don’t want anyone to suffer what I’ve gone through.” Taeyeon answered softly and it was quite a surprise for him.


“Tell me why I like you again?” he kid and kissed her girlfriend’s temple. Taeyeon blushed and snuggled closer to him.


“Hey, there are kids here.” Chen warned them without even looking towards their direction.


“We’re not even doing anything…yet.” Baekhyun retorted and got a slap on his arm from Taeyeon.


“I am expecting you not to do so…with or without the kids.” Chen told them sternly. Baekhyun chuckled and Taeyeon simply rolled her eyes. Chen’s family didn’t even listen to their short conversation as they were busy with their gifts. Dahye was beyond happy with all the blessings she had received and appreciated every single one.


Eventually, Dahye got tired and gave up from opening everything. There were a few boxes left but the excitement and energy expenditures she made hours before were finally taking its toll on the young girl’s body. She whined and requested for her father to carry her to the car while everyone else had to carry her gifts.


“Taeyeon, just ride here with us.” Chen told his sister as she was just about to ride in Baekhyun’s car. Taeyeon frowned but Chen spoke again before she could. “You don’t want your boyfriend to drive late at night, do you?”


“I’m pretty sure Baekhyun’s also tired too and want to go home early~” Hyemin added.


“It’s okay, really. Bringing Taeyeon home shouldn’t be a burden.” Baekhyun insisted.


“You know what? They’re right. ” Taeyeon agreed with her brother and sister-in-law. “And the gas is expensive.”


“You should save from now if you want to have a good future…starting with your dream wedding~” Hyemin cooed as she finally closed the door on the backseat, making her kids comfortable and start dozing off. Taeyeon grunted and scrunched her nose cutely while her boyfriend only chuckled.


“Just call me when you get home and I would do the same.” Baekhyun told Taeyeon as he ruffled her hair before planting a sweet kiss on her forehead.


“There they go again.” Chen muttered as he saw the sweet interaction between the couple.


“Just for the record, Hyemin and you are just the same.” Taeyeon retorted then kissed her boyfriend before going near Chen’s car.


“Yeah, don’t even complain. You’re worse than Baekhyun.” Hyemin added and winked at the couple.


“Yeah, right. Whatever. I am a er for skin ships. Blah, blah, blah.” Chen finally admitted that send the other three adults laughing. “Shall we go now?”


Taeyeon waved goodbye to Baekhyun and he watched as the whole family left before home. Dahye dozed off on her mother’s lap while Taeyeon volunteered to carry Jongmin with her. The family then went home peacefully with tired and contented smiles on their faces.


Baekhyun however was quite feeling bothered. Hours and hours of spending time with the whole family made him realize what he has been missing. He had been missing how it feels like to have parents or at least a guardian in his case. He never felt how it was like to live with a mother and a father when all he knew was he grew up with his grandmother. He never had the chance to meet them because of an unfortunate accident yet his grandmother made him feel so loved.


“Ah, grandma. You really want me to miss you so bad, huh?” he talked to himself, imagining his one and only parent still by his side. The woman never got to see him succeed in his life for she passed away just after he got accepted in the school. He chuckled but then his thoughts when further into a family.


A child. An offspring. Dahye. Was she really his daughter? Did their little affair in the island made a link between them forever? Does Chen know everything? All those kind of questions bugged him for days and it was slowly becoming obvious to his co-teachers, most especially his girlfriend.


“What’s eating you up these days? You can’t seem to focus…” Taeyeon massaged his temples to make him feel relaxed and Baekhyun finally sighed in contentment. “Will you share it with me?”


“Uhh, it’s nothing. Usual stress from the students, you know.” He smiled but Taeyeon was still unconvinced. Grabbing the chair beside him, Taeyeon sat down seriously yet her presence made him feel so comfortable.


“Are you finally realizing the truth?”


“Huh? What truth?” Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows as his girlfriend rolled her eyes. Taeyeon got the camera from her bag and showed a couple of pictures she got when Hyemin gave birth to Jongmin. He was looking with such longing to Hyemin, as well as to Dahye. And their interaction as she watched Baekhyun put the medal on Dahye. He may be her adviser but he did seem more like a father.


“Don’t you dare lie to me Baekhyun. Are you thinking about your relationship with Dahye? That she might or might not be your daughter.” Baekhyun’s eyes were full of shock and at the same time concern for Taeyeon.


“Taeyeon, it’s not what you think…”


“Baek, you’re looking at Dahye’s profile. You have a past wi

Please log in to read the full chapter