Chapter 23

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Where’s Taeyeon?” Chen asked when he sat on the dining area. Everyone else was having their breakfast but his sister was nowhere to be seen. Hyemin was feeing Jongmin his food while Dahye was busy reading and eating at the same time.


“She left early, she said they have an early meeting in school.” Hyemin told him. “And she’s going to be out a little late. She might have a date with Baekhyun…I think.” Hyemin winked and grinned happily. Jongmin cooed and smiled as well, like imitating his mother.


“Mom, I always see them having lunch together.” Dahye giggled. “Is Teacher auntie’s boyfriend now?”


“I don’t know honey. But they look cute together, don’t they?”


“They look just like you and dad. They look happy together.”


“I told you so.” Hyemin mouthed at her husband. The couple had been always discussing about Taeyeon’s love life. Hyemin wanted Taeyeon to be happy and it was so obvious that the girl was so fond of Baekhyun. ‘Baekhyun this, Baekhyun that’ was all she hears whenever they talk about what happened in school.


“I just hope he’ll make it right this time.” Chen breathily wished and Hyemin simply shrugged the statement off.


Chen never knew whether Baekhyun had other relationships after his break up with Hyemin and how he really is with girls. He already had to deal with Hyemin’s post break-up syndrome, and he don’t want his sister to suffer the same thing especially that it was the same man. He stayed calm with what Baekhyun did to Hyemin, and he won’t let it happen again to Taeyeon.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun waited for Taeyeon in his car after their classes. He had promised her to treat her out if everything goes well for her new family, and he was just about to fulfill that promise. It took him time to find the right time but it didn’t mean he had already forgotten it.


He clearly remembers almost every detail when Taeyeon told him the good news. He may not be with her during those times but the way Taeyeon was so happy and enthusiastic while sharing her story, he could already imagine everything that happened. Her father’s wife had been so welcoming but she can still be very understanding when the woman said she hasn’t accepted Taeyeon yet. She was also bragging about how she felt when she hugged his father for the very first time. She was all smiles and for the first time after knowing her, it was the first time that he saw her being so carefree and light. Seemed like she never had the problem to start with and he envied her so much.


Taeyeon was just a close colleague and just like a little sister to him but sometimes he can’t also help but see her like a real woman. A little boyish but still a woman. Taeyeon’s beauty is one of the factors why people are so attracted to her but once they get to know the real her, they won’t be able to stop and love her even more.


“Baekhyun…hello~” Taeyeon waved her small hands in front of his face. “Are you there?”


“Oh, hi. I didn’t see you there.” He chuckled nervously.


“I’m already here for a minute…is there something wrong?”


“Just thinking of what activity to do for my class.” he lied. Of course, he wouldn’t tell her the truth that he was thinking about her. “Let’s go.” He opened the door for her and she elegantly entered the car.


“Should we just go to a different restaurant?” Taeyeon asked him.


“Why? Don’t you like your sister’s dishes?”


“I do but she always teases me.”


“About what?” Baekhyun already had the idea and just wanted her to be flattered and see her blush.


“About us…aren’t you comfortable? They always say we should be a couple and blah, blah.” At that instant Taeyeon’s cheeks turned pink.


“Okay then.”


“Oh, I just want fish sticks or rice cakes. Nothing pricey, I’ll be okay with that.”


“I didn’t think you’d be the type to eat that kind of food, but I’m up for it.”


“Believe me, I am not that picky with food. From pig intestines, to chicken feet paired with soju…”


“I guess we’re really going to be food buddies and I know exactly the great place for that.” Baekhyun then drove to his favorite place. The place already had everything they wanted: lots of street foods and alcohol. The two cheered and had fun discussing their plans and what they did to their classes. Shared ideas and tips to make each other’s life easier…until their topic eventually became personal.


“Baekhyun, did you and Hyemin had a date here?” Taeyeon suddenly asked. The topic suddenly came into her head when they were discussing about Dahye.


He was taken aback but answered nonetheless, “Yeah. We usually go here after our classes.”


“What did you like about her?”


“Why are you asking such things? But if you really want to know the answer, here it goes. She’s very sweet, sometimes tough, she’s beautiful effortlessly, patient, hardworking, passionate, and the list go on every day.”


“Why did you two break-up then? Aren’t you supposed to fight for her?”


“Yeah, I was supposed to, but I didn’t. I thought about our future together which meant nothing. Let’s not talk about it, shall we? She had moved on, and so am I. She’s happy with her family, and so am I…well I really don’t have a family but I am still happy with what I have now.”


“Do you miss her? Do you still love her? I know you told me about your feelings before but it might have changed now.”


“I really don’t know. Of course, I feel very happy when she’s around or whenever I hear things about her but it seemed that there’s nothing there anymore but friendship. I am quite busy nowadays with the kids. But if it comes, then I’ll be up for it.”


“Would you like me too if I’m like her?” Taeyeon mumbled and immediately covered at her outburst but Baekhyun still bravely answered every question she asked.


“You have a lot of similarities but I see you two as two totally different people. Why do we always talk about me? I haven’t heard anything from your love life! Have you had any boyfriend? Suitors? You must have a lot of them.”


“The last time I fell in love was so long ago. It only happened once and I was hurt so I was afraid to fall in love again, but it still happened. Too bad, he’s still in love with someone else…how can I stand a chance with you?”


“Taeyeon…”


“I like you Baekhyun.” She then leaned forward and pressed her lips against his. It was a very bold move and yet Baekhyun admired her bravery. His heart pounded in his chest, and surprisingly it w

Please log in to read the full chapter