Chapter 20

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“I said I still love you…” Baekhyun repeated and she quickly rejected him.


“No, you can’t! It’s already over between us Baek and you can’t just say that to a married woman! I love Chen and I am already happy with my family.”


“That’s good!” Baekhyun proudly told her and pinched her cheek with a cheeky smile. “You thought of Chen’s feelings and your commitment. If you did that, I’m pretty sure Chen as well. There may be a lot of girls telling him the same thing but will he accept it? You have to trust your husband, Minnie.”


“SO…that was just a joke right?”


“What? That I still love you?” she shyly nodded.


“Maybe~” he sing sang.


“Baek, what the hell?!”


“Okay, I do but not as romantically involved as before. I was your boyfriend, but I was also your best friend, and at least I would love to keep the latter.”


She felt relieved to hear him talk about the past comfortably. They were both happy with the outcome of their lives and can already be together again like they used to…without the romantic feelings and simply just enjoying their friendship.


“Of course you can.” She smiled and stood up, offering her hand for a hand shake but instead he wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back consolingly.


“Did I help you with your problem?” she chuckled and nodded against his chest and she felt comfortable…too comfortable.


“I miss you.” She finally said it and became teary eyed all over again.


“I miss you too. But hey, don’t cry.” He chuckled and wiped her tears for her. “I won’t stay long already. I still have lots of things to do.” Baekhyun pulled away just when Hyemin had already thought about it.


“Yeah, Dahye and Chen might also be waiting for me already.”


“Dahye…” he suddenly bit his lip. Should he ask? Would he be a good father to Dahye if ever? Was he even ready to know the truth? ‘The couple is going through something right now, it isn’t the right time.’  He thought to himself.


“Why? Is there something wrong with her?”


“No, definitely not. But uhm, is she…” he pointed to back and forth between them. Hyemin furrowed her eyebrows. “Has she asked you about the PTA meeting? Yeah, that one. We gave out letters earlier…”


“Oh, she hasn’t. I’ll just ask later.”


“Okay…” Baekhyun nervously huffed out some air. “I’ll help you with these before I really go home.” He picked up his tray and he just got stopped by her.


“No worries, I’ll take care of it.”


“Nope, you already need to rest and you’ll start now. Sit down, I’ll do the dishes for you while you take care of Little Bear.” He pushed her down gently and she smiled.


Ever since they had started talking again, she was always smiling. Maybe because of his jokes or maybe just because they were in good terms again. They simply held no grudges to each other and wished for the best in their lives.


“Should I invite my friends here next time? I’m sure they would love it.” He came out of the kitchen awhile wiping his hands dry.


“It’s up to you, but I would really love that idea.” Hyemin finally stood up from her seat.


“Hey, call me whatever happens?” he told her while leading her to her car. “I need update.” He gave his calling card and she gladly accepted it.


“Thanks a lot Baek.”


“You’re welcome. Good night.”


“Good night.” He even closed the door for her and watched as she finally left her restaurant. There she went again, away from her and he really knew she’d never

Please log in to read the full chapter