Chapter 3

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

For the succeeding days, Hyemin and Chen had been busy for the wedding preparations. Hyemin had been completely convinced that she’ll never see Baekhyun again and just focused on her wedding instead. She may have been physically present all the time, but her mind was still wandering around. She zones out and seemed depressed despite showing off a sweet smile to everyone.


Chen however was bothered about her actions. He still hadn’t told her abo9ut his search for Baekhyun, and yet he was still unsuccessful. Two days before the wedding and yet it was still Baekhyun that was on their concern.


“Darling, where are you two planning to go for the honeymoon?” Hyemin’s mom suddenly asked while having dinner.


“I don’t know mom, besides we don’t really need that.” She answered back bluntly.


“Come on, it’s like a protocol after marriage.”


“Honey, let them be. It’s their wedding, their lives. Let them decide, okay?” her father butted in and his daughter was somewhat thankful for stopping her mom nagging them.


“Actually, I have already booked a reservation for the Paradise Cruise. It was supposed to be a surprise until the wedding, but then you asked…”


“Oh my! That’s great!” her mother beamed. “Honey, I want to go too.”


“It’s their honeymoon, it would be so awkward if we’re on the same place as them, right?” the husband scolded his wife.


“I’ll have to talk to you later.” Hyemin whispered to her fiancé as they continued to eat and chat, all excited about the wedding.


“So, is there something wrong?” Chen asked, remembering what Hyemin had said to him during dinner.


“What’s with the honeymoon?” she asked.


“Well, it’s supposed to be for you and Baekhyun—”


“Baekhyun? How did you even know him?”


“You were sleep talking so I got his name.” Hyemin inwardly gasped and continued listening to Chen. “I was trying to find him for you but I really never got anything. I’m sorry I failed.”


“Fail or not, Paradise Cruise is too much Chen.”


“I was just doing what could make you happy, and if we ever really can’t find him anymore, we can still board after the wedding, and I’ll cheer you up. Okay?” he held her hands. They both got used with the skinship and Hyemin just knew he would be the sweetest husband she’ll ever know.


“Thanks Chen.” She stepped closer and hugged him. By that time, Chen gulped really hard for he was scared that Chen might feel his heart thumping against his chest. “I appreciate it, but…Baekhyun and I, I don’t think we’ll get back together anymore.”


“No worries. Go ahead and make sure you’ll get enough beauty rest so you’ll be gorgeous on our wedding.” He tried to flatter her and she shook her head while chuckling as they broke their hug.


“I’m pretty no matter what!” she exclaimed playfully and Chen scoffed.


“Wow! The confidence!” Chen retorted, causing her to laugh wholeheartedly. “Seriously, I have to go…” Chen patted her head before heading into his car. With one last smile, he finally drove off to his next destination: the club.


Even for the last night, even it was already so late, he never gave up and tried to find this Baekhyun guy…but still failed. He went home with an unsuccessful plan and just started packing his things for the cruise adventure.


At the same time, Baekhyun was just home in the middle of the bed, still thinking of his future plans. In short, his mind was still empty. He sat down for a while, and stared at the ticket that was on his nightstand. He should be ashamed to accept such gift but he was also thankful.


“After this, you’ll have to pay them back Baekhyun and live a better life…without her.”


He flicked the ticket for a few times, he sighed before finally putting the piece of paper in his bag.

 

 

 

 

 

“Enjoy your trip honey~”

Please log in to read the full chapter