Chapter 30

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Hyemin ran towards the emergency room, face stained again with tears. Baekhyun and Taeyeon rushed behind her, obviously devastated and doomed with the sudden bad news. When they were all expecting everything to be back to normal, another bad news was delivered to them.


“Where’s my husband? I need to see my husband.” Hyemin hurried over the front desk and asked the details about her husband. “His name’s Kim Jongdae and he got involved in a car accident.”


“Ma’am he’s still in the operating room—”


“Where is it?”


“Right down the hall and turn left. The very last room.” The nurse was scared for Hyemin was being feisty and she once again ran a marathon towards the said room. A doctor was just about to enter when she reached the hallway and she immediately asked the man about her husband’s condition.


“Please tell me he’s going to be okay…”


“I can’t assure you that Mrs. Kim. I’ll be honest with you, your husband is still in critical condition. Most of his injuries are on his head and we all know it wouldn’t be easy but we’re doing everything we can to save him.” Hyemin lowered her head and reluctantly nodded.


The doctor then asked them to just wait before he entered the operating room. Hyemin caught a glimpse of her husband. Lying limply on the bed, blood drenched. Even if he wasn’t recognizable, she still knew it was Chen. She felt weaker and weaker as the doors closed slowly, until she can’t see Chen anymore. Her knees weakened and gave up on her weight until she was already sitting on the floor.


“Everything’s going to be okay. Chen is a strong man, you know that.” Baekhyun slumped down beside her and cradled her against his chest.


“I don’t know if I can still take this Baek. I feel like dying…”


“Don’t say that. Chen, and your kids, needs you now more than ever.” Baekhyun said.


“Hyemin, I know how you feel, that’s my brother in there, but we need to be strong. Chen is fighting for his life and so should we.” Taeyeon added as they all stayed by Hyemin’s side. The wife was finally calming herself and let the words sink in onto her mind and heart. She wanted him to live, she wanted to be with him forever.


“Hyemin, where’s my son?” Chen’s parents were running at the hallway and their daughter-in-law hugged them for support.


“He’s still inside but the doctor’s are trying their very best to save him.” Hyemin broke down.


“Shh…he’s going to be fine.” His father told them.


He’s going to be fine.


He’s a strong man.


Everyone else told her the same exact lines and her hopes are getting better and better. She waited quietly outside the room for hours with the whole family, supporting each other, praying to every God she knows just to save her husband. She hasn’t even told her kids what really happened and she can’t afford to let them worry too much as well.


“Mrs. Kim?” the doctor

Please log in to read the full chapter