Chapter 32

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Where are we going? Guys, I’m getting scared, seriously.” Hyemin felt the ground under her feet for she can’t see anything because of the blindfold. She didn’t want to wear it but her daughter and son insisted because of their small surprise.


All she knows that they’re going to have a simple family outing by the beach but then the kids suddenly wrapped a hanky around her eyes. She can even hear Baekhyun and Taeyeon, the newlywed couple, giggling and felt like they were mocking her yet she can’t do anything.


“Yah, if I trip I’m going to—Ouch!” she haven’t finished her sentence and she was already on the ground.


“You did not finish your sentence so I guess we’re safe.” She heard Chen chuckle and she was being helped up by her husband while their kids softly giggled at the scene.


“Lucky you…can I take this off now?” Hyemin grumpily rambled and she immediately took it off once she heard the permission from Chen. Adjusting her eyes due to the sudden light intrusion, she saw a figure of a yacht in front of her which made her jaw drop. Even being far from the shore, she can already imagine how humongous the yacht would be.


“Are you ready?”


“Where are we going?”


“You’ll see…Guys, let’s go~!” Chen gave them the cue and their whole family squealed in delight as they rode a small boat to reach the yacht.


“Chen, you know I’m still uncomfortable riding boats.” Hyemin nervously rubbed her palms together.


“We checked the whole yacht multiple times and everything’s working well, no need to worry.” He kissed her knuckles as she still thought twice if she wanted to go with them or not.


“Mom, dad! Hurry up!” Dahye yelled excitedly while boarding the boat. Hyemin didn’t want to spoil the mood just because of her trauma, and she also thought that she had to overcome her fear.


“Yah! Stop being teenagers in love there! We have to go!” Baekhyun scolded them as well.


Hyemin hummed and held her husband’s hand as they walked towards the boat, getting their feet and legs wet with the warm sea water. The kids, and the kids at heart, cheered even more when the couple finally decided to join them.


As soon as all of them stepped on the yacht, Hyemin’s fear grew stronger but as long as Chen’s by her side, she’s not going to fear anything. Taeyeon and Baekhyun had become in charge of the kids for the meantime while the other couple fixed their things inside the yacht. As the engines roar to life, Hyemin flinched but never tried to worry Chen even more.


“Are we going to sleep here or we’re going island hopping? What exactly is on your mind why you suddenly decided to rent a yacht?” Hyemin inquisitively asked her husband and at the same time, trying to ease her anxiousness.


“Of course this day is a very special day, and I really want to make it memorable so this is my surprise for you.” She was about to protest by whining but Chen had continued his speech before she can react. “Honey, don’t even think this is too much because what you’ve done for us is so much more and this is not even 20% of those.”


“I knew you’d attack me with your cheesiness.” She blushed and walked towards Chen, wrapping her arms around his waist.


“Happy birthday.” Chen greeted her as he cupped her face.


“Thank you.” She then kissed his lips passionately. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” she repeatedly kissed his lips.


“Shall we go outside? It’s better up there.” She nodded enthusiastically.


Chen guided her where their kids, along with the newlywed couple. It was a double celebration for the two just got married, it was her birthday and another new might be yet to come that would brighten up their vacation even more.


“Let’s take a picture!” Dahye invited everyone to gather in front of the camera and smiled sweetly. “Dad, seriously, where are we going?”


“Our journey, has just started, don’t be so impatient.”


“Oh, I’m not, just curious.” Dahye shrugged and kept on capturing all the moments with her camera.


“Are you cold?” Baekhyun approached his wife who was busy savoring the summer breeze.


“Not really, I just feel like being sentimental. I seldom experience this kind of vacation so I want to make the most out of it.” Taeyeon hugged herself and Baekhyun also had the urge to do the same to her.


“Your ring looks so good in your hands, but it meant nothing to who I am holding right now.” He slowly wrapped his arms around her shoulders and rested his chin on her shoulder. “Are you happy? Because I am, I got the best girl in the world…”


“Yah, you two men really like to say cheesy things lately.” Baekhyun chuckled guiltily.


“Are you feeling better now? Not feeling so sick anymore?” He tightened his hug around her.


“Yeah, but…” She removed his hands from her and when he whined, she simply chuckled. “There’s someone who might want to feel your hug too.” She put his hands right above her tummy.


Baekhyun was confused at first but then a second later, he felt a very small bump on her stomach. His eyes widened and went frozen as Taeyeon smiled sweetly to him.


“I’m pregnant Baek.” His shocked expression was quickly replaced with a happier one. His arms were wrapped around her waist in a second and she was already in the air, carried by his husband. “Yah! My stomach!”


“Oh, sorry!”


“Oh my god! Auntie, is that true? We’re going to have another Little Bear?” Dahye squealed when she overheard the couple being excited about their new family member. Taeyeon nodded and the teenage girl squealed loudly again, gathering the attention of her parents and her brother. “Mom, dad! There’s going to be another Little Bear~”


“Congratulations!” everyone greeted them and Chen excitedly got a bottle of champagne to celebrate with the adults, while Taeyeon and the kids can only have an iced tea yet all of them had more reasons to be happy during their vacation. All of them admired the view on the yacht while travelling by the sea, enjoying the sea breeze once again, and planning on the things they would want to do once they’ve reached their destination.


“We’re here.” Chen whispered to his wife. Hyemin furrowed her eyebrows and followed the direction of her husband’s eyes. “Seems familiar?”


“It’s not familiar, I really know that island.” Hyemin stated while her eyes still glued to the island…the Paradise as what they call it. Where memories with Baekhyun were made but it seemed like its purpose was to just enjoy her special day.


“I did not bring you here not to make you remember what happened here but to make new memories. Besides, Baekhyun also told me that this island was magical so I thought it was really a good idea to see it and yep, I fell in love with it. It’s beautiful.”


“No more furthe

Please log in to read the full chapter