Chapter 22

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dahye peeked through the small gap of the doors to catch a glimpse but the doors had opened and revealed her parents, his father was happily trailing after the team of nurses while her mother was having Little Bear right next to her. Baekhyun wanted to stop and stare at them but as the woman had said, he wasn’t needed there.


“I’ll just go.” Baekhyun bowed but his co-teacher was still dumbfounded. Taeyeon’s father was just right in front of her and yet she was forbidden to do anything. She simply bowed as well, keeping eye-contact with her father before running after Baekhyun.


“It’s a boy!” Chen gleefully carried her daughter and hugged her tightly. He showered the girl with kisses and showed how happy he was. Everyone who heard him squealed and congratulated him for their new family member. “Do you want to see him?” Dahye nodded enthusiastically and got off from his father grip, running towards where her mother was brought. The grandparents followed suit but his father chose to stay with him.


“Chen, do you know her?”


“I already know everything about her but I don’t think I even have the right to speak up about it.”


“I’m sorry son.”


“No, don’t apologize to me. You’ve been a good father to me, but not to Taeyeon.” Chen left his father to see his son again. The older was not really ready and had even planned to keep the whole Taeyeon thing a secret but he knows he still has to pay for the wrong things he had done.

 

 

 

 

“Why are her parents so angry at you?” Taeyeon finally asked when Baekhyun chose to still stay at the hospital cafeteria. He ordered coffee for the two of them and a sandwich since they can finally fill their stomachs, without worrying that Chen might need help in taking care of Hyemin.


“Would you believe if I told you that I am Hyemin’s ex-boyfriend?” Baekhyun forced a chuckle.


“Then they shouldn’t really be mad at you since she’s married, right? Why are they so bitter about it?” Taeyeon shrugged as she took a bite on her sandwich.


“I am her boyfriend until she was arranged to be married with Chen.”


“So the rumors were true…but it didn’t look like it though. They look so happy and in love with each other.”


“Yeah, but seems like her parents were the only ones who can’t get over our issue. I wasn’t meddling or trying to get her back. I was only there as Hyemin’s adviser and as their friend, nothing more.” Taeyeon hummed while nodding. “How about you? Why were you with them? As far as I know, you haven’t met Dahye’s parents before.”


“I really can’t tell you…”


“Why? If I tell you I am still in love with Hyemin, would you tell me now?”


“What? You are?!” Taeyeon gasped, Baekhyun nodded proudly. “You’ll find someone who’s really for you…”


“I hope so. So, tell me now about your ‘secret’.” He quoted with his fingers.


“Would you believe it if I told you that I’m Chen’s sister?” Baekhyun choked for the second time. “Half-sister from his father’s side, no one else knows it so I trust you Baekhyun. Please don’t tell anyone.”


Baekhyun took a closer look of her face. “You don’t look like anything like him though.”


“Well, people say I look like my mother…”


“Your mother must be really pretty then.” Taeyeon blushed and avoided his look. “I’ll keep my mouth shut about the issue if that’s what you want.”


“Thank you.” She clipped her hair behind her ear.


“Would you like to stay a little longer? I really want to see their Little Bear.”


“Me too, I caught a glimpse and he’s really cute!” Taeyeon squealed.


The two then waited for a couple of hours more just to make sure the parents weren’t there anymore. All those times they had been waiting, they’ve been catching up with each other’s lives and exchanged stories non-stop. They never knew they can actually talk with each other with comfort when they really can’t meet before in school.


“Are they still there?” Baekhyun asked while Taeyeon was the one peeking through the door gap.


“I don’t think so, but they’re busy with their Little Bear.”


“Go in!” Baekhyun slightly pushed her inside and they quietly entered the room.


“Mom, I made this for you.” Dahye finally gave the card to her mother and the older gratefully accepted the gift.


“Thank you honey.” She kissed Dahye’s forehead.


“Dad was supposed to go with me earlier but then he’s here with you so I just asked teacher Baekhyun to help me out.”

<
Please log in to read the full chapter