Chapter 15

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“So, everything is all set?” Chanyeol asked after he showed the whole restaurant to the family. He made some modifications and Hyemin was always in awe with his skills. Even Dahye who knew nothing about architecture was amazed by him.


“Yes, this is amazing Chanyeol. Thank you so much~ I am expecting you on Saturday for the opening and take your wife with you.”


“Oh, I will but you should thank your husband, not me.” Chanyeol showed his beautiful set of teeth while smiling.


“Uncle, if I build a school in the future, I want you to design it!” Dahye beamed.


“So you want to be a teacher? That’s great. And if ever you get Latin honors then I’ll do it for free.”


“That’s a promise!” Dahye held her pinky out and Chanyeol did not hesitate to entwine his.


“Why don’t we have dinner already? I can cook for all of us.” Hyemin told them since she was already excited to open up the restaurant again and get busy.


“As much as I love to stay, my wife will look for me.” Chanyeol insisted.


“Ah, then at least let me cook for her. I’m sure she’s going to like what I have in mind.”


“Believe her, pregnant women likes it.” Chen added.


“Well, everyone loves Hyemin’s dishes. I actually miss it, so fine. I’ll stay and maybe bring home for my wife.” Hyemin nodded with a smile and strutted her way back to the kitchen while everyone else sat down on a table, chatting lively until she came back with their food, packed and ready to go.


“Uncle, you should try mom’s chocolate chip pancakes too~ That’s the best for me!” Dahye told Chanyeol.


“I’ve tried that one and I love it too. Maybe next time we’ll eat it together?” Dahye nodded enthusiastically.


“Seems like you have a pancake buddy now.” Chen teased his daughter.


“Dad doesn’t like sweets that much.” She pouted.


“Anyway, here’s the food. There’s also soup there which hopefully helps her if she doesn’t want to eat anything.”


“Thanks a lot Hyemin. I really have to go, my wife’s already looking for me.” Chanyeol thankfully accepted the food and stood up, his smile still not vanishing from his face.


“See you on Saturday uncle~” Dahye said cheerfully and high-fived with the tall man.


“See you kiddo.” He ruffled her hair and soon, he was out of the restaurant, leaving the family ecstatic and excited for their new business. The family then just ate their dinner and went home as well as soon as they were finished.

 

 

 

“Baekhyun, are you free tonight? I need to talk to you.” Chanyeol quickly called his friend after he got home.


“Yeah, actually I’m on my way to your house. I have to give you something too.” Chanyeol hummed and the two men cut the call off.


Should he tell Baekhyun? Or should he keep his mouth shut? If Dahye is really related to him, then he has every right to know her…to be recognized as Dahye’s father. Should he even tell him that Hyemin’s already back in Korea in the first place? But then Chanyeol had no right to interfere whatsoever with their lives at all.


“Oh, hi Baek. Honey, Baekhyun’s here.” the tall man heard his friend enter their house and his wife warmly welcoming their visitor. “Would you two like beers?”


“Yes please, honey.” The wife nodded and quickly got two beers for each of them.


“Here’s my last payment for the Paradise Cruise

Please log in to read the full chapter