Chapter 29

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chen, please talk to me…


Chen, I’m getting worried, please come back home.


The kids are looking for you, where are you Chen?


I understand if you still don’t want to talk to me, but please just give me a chance.


I love you.


Chen read the messages one by one. There was still a lot of it in his inbox yet he chose to ignore everything. He had already thought about Hyemin’s side and he had accepted his mistake. He hurt her. He hurt her physically and emotionally and he can’t dare face her yet. Hyemin admitted her mistake and apologized, yet he can’t even man up to tell them where he was. It was always his usual hang-out and he can’t tell her. Along with his bottle of liquor, he can’t even imagine showing up drunk in front of his wife and kids. He admitted that he let his emotions decide for him and closed his ears and mind to what Hyemin was telling him.


Chen, come back home. Dahye’s missing.


Another messaged popped up and it was as if all the alcohol washed off instantly from his body. Hyemin might be desperate to make him come back home but she won’t joke about their kids like that. Without wasting more time, Chen jumped on his car and started driving back to their home.

 

 

 

 

Hyemin broke down in tears. She doesn’t know what to do anymore for Chen hadn’t gone home yet and her daughter was also missing. She must have slept for a short while but then Dahye was no longer beside her. Taeyeon was already there to calm her but she won’t stop emptying her eyes. She was supposed to take care of her boyfriend but as soon as Hyemin delivered the news to her she rushed back home along with her boyfriend. The woman had told them the whole story and chose to stay with her until Chen finally comes back.


“I don’t know what to do anymore.” She cried louder and her head started to hurt. In just one night, her family was slowly crumbling down into pieces and it was because of a secret she had kept for years.


“Calm down Hyemin, I’m sure Chen’s on his way now…and we’ll find Dahye.” Taeyeon calmed her down but it was still no use. She was too devastated to even talk properly and Taeyeon felt so bad for being not by her side.


“I don’t know where my husband and daughter are and you really want me to calm down?!”


“Hyemin, please.” Taeyeon held her but the woman was being a mess and tried to pull out from her grip.


“This won’t do anything! Just think about your other son upstairs who’s also looking for you!” Baekhyun finally scolded her and Hyemin calmed down a little. “If you finally calm down, we’ll look for your father and daughter altogether.” Hyemin nodded and toned down her wails.


Baekhyun felt bad for her friend, since if it weren’t for his drunk self, the couple should still be happy with their marriage. Slowly, he pulled her hand and comforted her by having her in his arms. He whispered sweet nothings and rubbed her back in circles and Taeyeon was simply thankful of Baekhyun’s efforts.


Taeyeon finally understood that whatever they had was all in the past and hopefully, Chen would realize it too. She left the two comforting each other while she tried to attend Jongmin’s needs. It was the only thing she could do for now while her sister-in-law is being hysterical, while she silently wished there would be no such issue in her future.


She was feeding Jongmin when she heard a loud thud and a crashing vase outside Jongmin’s room. Loud cursing, Hyemin’s shrill scream and pleads echoed all over the house.


“Chen, please stop! Baekhyun didn’t do anything wrong!” Hyemin tried to hold on to Chen and Baekhyun managed to punch the man, making them both have cracked lips. As soon as Taeyeon saw the situation, she put Jongmin down back on his crib and made some damage control by holding her boyfriend back as well.


“We admit it, we had a one week affair on that island! But it doesn’t mean Hyemin didn’t love you at all! If that’s what you’re worrying about, you should see her efforts! She’s always by your side but then one thing she asked from you which was to believe her, you left! Where were you when she needs you? I always thought you would treat her right but then I was wrong.”


“I did everything for her! I took care of and love her when you broke her heart!”


“Then why can’t you believe her? Why can’t you even trust her?! Move on Chen! Our past is our past, and if you also think that if our affair on that island brought something then what you’re thinking i

Please log in to read the full chapter