Chapter 18

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The couple woke up the next morning, preparing for their ahead as usual, except for the fact that Hyemin wanted to stay in bed and still not feeling well. She wanted to get up but her body won’t let her and kept on falling back the bed.


“Mom, I’ll just stay here and take care of you. I don’t want to go to school.” Dahye insisted even if she was dressed to go to school.


“No, you have to go to school. Mommy and I will go to the hospital later for check-up.” C hen assured her.


“I want to go with you.” Their daughter pouted.


“I’ll be okay…Go now, you’re going to be late.” Hyemin kissed her daughter’s forehead and the kid finally nodded.


After her family went out, Hyemin felt so alone. She still had to get ready for her check up. She may feel heavy at the meantime but she actually hopes that it was just the effect of pregnancy. They have been waiting for a new family member for years and hopefully, it was already the right time. Gathering all her strength, she went to get ready and ate just a little for her not to throw up.

 

 

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Kim?” the couple stood up from their seat at the waiting area and the nurse guided them towards the doctor’s office. Hyemin was nervous while Chen was actually excited and happy even though they weren’t sure of the results yet.


“No matter the results are, we shouldn’t be disappointed and—” Hyemin told Chen softly and he immediately cut her off.


“Shh, we’ve been here a lot of times and it’s okay. As long as you get better, then it’s already good enough  for me.” Chen assured her. “Are you feeling better now?”


“A little.” She even gestured, creating a small space between her thumb and pointing finger.


“Come in.” the doctor told them and they quietly made their way inside the office, sitting across the doctor. It has always been the same like any other hospitals. The smell, the ambiance, and their expectations. “Good morning. So what seems to be the problem?”


“I’ve been not feeling well since the past few days. My head hurts and I threw up last night. I just feel so weak, I have no fever though.”


“I see. How about your menstruation?” the doctor nodded and wrote down all the symptoms.


“Well, my period is already delayed for a week. Pretty much that’s it.” Hyemin felt so uncomfortable answering the last question especially that her husband was listening to her concerns. Chen, however, was delighted even more at the addition of the fact that her wife was indeed delayed.


“Did you try to do the pregnancy test before coming in here?” Hyemin shook her head and the doctor nodded in understanding. The doctor proceeded to ask questions while checking her vitals and conducted a few examinations to confirm whatever is happening to her body. It was nothing to them for they have been under the same situation for a lot of times already. “This may take a couple of minutes.”


“It’s okay doc.” Chen told him and the man was out of his office for a while. “Are you nervous?”


“A little, but I’m more of sleepy than nervous.” Chen told her to come closer and let her head rest on his shoulder. “I really hope this is it Chen.”


“Can’t wait anymore?” she hummed and closed her eyes to let her body rest for a short moment. She had imagined having another little kid running around the house and giving them happiness. If they only knew, Dahye would be even happier if she found about the news. “Honey, the doctor’s here.”


She straightened up and watched the doctor analyze the results that he got. They can’t read the expression he was showing and continued to concentrate at the paper in his hands. Finally the doctor smiled.


“I looked into your records and this isn’t the first time that you underwent this kind of tests.” The couple nodded at the same time. “Fortunately, the results aren’t the same anymore. Congratulations Mrs. Kim, you’re 6 weeks pregnant.”


“Holy—shoot!” Chen couldn’t believe yet but he was still happy to hear the good news. He never felt so happy in his whole life and there’s no thing that could make him more than grateful after hearing the good news.


“Come on, let’s take a look at your little baby, shall we?” the doctor smiled and guided them into another room where Hyemin had to lie on the bed and finally see their little bear. All the time, she was too emotional to speak and felt like in cloud nine, despite already lying down on her own home. They have been waiting for the moment for years, and fina

Please log in to read the full chapter