Bonus chapter: history

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Hyemin watched the couple have their very first dance as husband and wife. They were all smiles and in love while the man beside her


“She’s still going to be your one and only baby girl, I assure you that.” She told Chen as he finally smiled while looking at her.


“I actually asked her if she’s sure that she won’t make Junmyeon cry and she said she’ll try…I’m going to miss those kids. I’m sure a couple of years won’t really take long before we see Jongmin having his own family as well.”


“You still have me though.”


“Yeah, too bad.” Hyemin glared at him and his face suddenly changed into a grin. “…too bad the kids won’t be able to see how lucky I am to have you anymore.”


“You’re lucky I love you or else I’ve beaten you to death.”


“I know right?” Chen moved his chair closer to her and slung his arm around her shoulder. “I still feel tingling sensation whenever you say those three words.”


“I love you?” Chen nodded and Hyemin repeated it over and over again, with a huge smile.


“I waited for years just to hear that from you, and I know it would be worth it.” He got her free hand and kissed her knuckles. “When we moved to China, I was beyond happy when I finally have you on my own, all the bliss added when Dahye came into our life. Call me selfish or obsessed but I was also happy since I know you’ll never leave me because of Dahye.”


“But you almost fainted when I was about to give birth.”


“I got scared okay?” Chen defended. “Let’s just forget that…anyway, I was so happy to finally see you smiling, rather than seeing you sulk. Dahye gave us the life I had been dreaming of since I met you. She was the reason why I worked harder for all of us. To give you your dream to have a restaurant, to give you a comfortable life…and all the happiness that I can give. I tried everything…”


“And that’s why I fell in love with you. You did give me the restaurant that I’ve been dreaming of, but cooking for you and our kids was more important. You took me out on dates, expensive ones mostly, but what mattered for me was when we go out as a whole and all the fun we’re having. All the things you gave to us, I and the kids appreciate it but we appreciate all the stories that come with it.”


“Why do I feel like we’re the newlyweds?” he chuckled and tenderly kissed her lips.


“Because, we love each other…I just thought, maybe I did love you right from the start. It’s just that I was too preoccupied with the hurt I was suffering from that time. I don’t know…but at least I am sure of my feelings for you now.”


“But what’s more important is we love each other.” Chen cut her off. They were acting as sweetly as the newlywed couple that made the other guests envy them and split their attention between the bride and the groom versus the parents of the bride.


“There they go again~” Baekhyun taunted them.


“You’re not getting any younger, you both know that and it’s your daughter’s moment. Don’t ruin it.” Taeyeon told them playfully as they were having a sweet moment more than the newlyweds.


Taeyeon and Baekhyun were just like Chen and Hyemin, except for the excessive display of affection. Rather than kissing and hugging, or sweet talking, they were more playful than the other couple and yet they have managed to be mature enough in front of their son.


“Hi auntie.” Taehyun, Baekhyun and Taeyeon’s love child went to their table, asking his auntie for her hand. “Let’s dance!”


“You too, auntie!” Jongmin also asked Taeyeon to dance with him.


“Me, really? Why don’t you ask the other girls so you’d get a girl yourself?”


“This is just for fun and I already know most of them so it’s not thrill~ I hope uncle don’t mind though.” Jongmin answered for the two boys.


“Go and have fun, we’ll stay here.” Hyemin stared at him in awe before the nephew finally gently pulled his auntie towards the dance floor. Chen and Baekhyun watched the two pair dance and have so much fun.


“Too bad, we can’t ask other ladies dance or else we’ll have to sleep on the couch tonight…and my back couldn’t afford that anymore.” Baekhyun told him and Chen agreed just by raising his glass for a cheers. The two of them chuckled and watched their kids finally dance with their mothers.There was no denying that it was the most adorable thing to see, their own flesh and blood with the love of their lives.


“Maybe it’s already time for us to shine.” Chen stood up and fixed his coat as he asked Baekhyun to dance with their wives.


“Will do make the greatest performance of all time.” Baekhyun told him proudly and made way to the dancing mother and sons.From the corner of the room, another couple was watching them in both envy and awe.


“I envy your whole family. All of you looked so close together, and you love each other so much that it brings happiness to others as well. You have everything. If only mom and dad were still together—”


“Junmyeon, don’t envy us because you’re already a part of our family. We’re just like any normal family. We argue, we fight, we have misunderstanding. We have to work to get to eat. There’s no difference at all. And as for your mom and dad, maybe it didn’t go well for them in the end but that doesn’t mean they didn’t love each other. Look at them,” she instructed him and they saw his parents enjoying the party, although no romance involved. “—they’re happy…for you. At least they still love you and try everything just to be the best parents they can for you.”


“Why are you such a sweet talker?”


“Isn’t that why you fell in love with me even more?” Dahye brushed her nose against her husband’s.


Please log in to read the full chapter