Chapter 31

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Who are you?” Chen asked her again while he tried to sit up on the bed.


“Be careful…” she helped him for he was obviously showing pain all over his body. He was in physical pain but his wife was being stabbed on the inside when he just told her that he can’t remember her.


“Who are you?” Chen asked her again. His eyebrows almost met and Hyemin incredulously tried to process his question.


“Uhm, I-I…I’m your wife Chen…you might not see any ring on your hands but we’re married…We got married 13 years ago…we have two wonderful kids…” Hyemin tried to hide her tears by lowering her head. “I’m your wife—”


She was silenced by his lips pressing on her own pair. She missed the warmth and softness of his touch, and of course the passion igniting between them. Her tears flowed down even more although she did not understand why Chen was kissing her just after he asked her who she was.


“I know. I was just kidding.” Chen grinned as he pulled.


“It’s not a good joke!” Hyemin whined.


“I just wanted to make sure you’d still want to be my wife after what I’ve done to you.” He kissed her again.


“Why?”


“Because I hurt you…I’m sorry. I’m sorry because I did not trust you enough and I think it’s worse than not loving you. I’m sorry.”


“Chen, it’s okay. I’m already happy to see you well…Oh, wait. I’ll just call the doctors. Do you need anything? Are you hungry?”


“I just want you here.” He pulled her down and kissed her again. “I’m sorry, and please let’s not fight like that again.”


“Yes, please.”


“I love you.”


“I love you.” Hyemin replied with the sweetest smile she can do before kissing his dried pair of lips.


“One more.” Chen requested and Hyemin giggled before fulfilling his request, making their kiss more passionate and heated. “Oh wait, I haven’t really brushed my teeth nor gargled.” Chen mumbled against her lips.


“I don’t mind…” she continued to kiss her husband like there was no tomorrow, and they both liked it.


It was just two weeks but it was as if they haven’t seen each other for years. All the love they had never faded, and instead it grew stronger because of their problems. They might have done something wrong in the past but acceptance made their relationship ready for any problems they would face in their future.


“Your kids are–whoa. Let’s just wait outside first.” Taeyeon was taken aback when she saw the couple making out and tried to push her boyfriend back outside. She was supposed to be happy that Chen was already awake but then she didn’t want to ruin their moment.


“Wait, why?—Holy crap. Let’s go out first.” Baekhyun turned around with Jongmin in his arms and tried to stop Dahye from going inside the room, still, the younger girl came running into the room.


The couple, who were kind of busy, heard the shuffling and slowly pulled back only to see their kids with Taeyeon and Baekhyun. The scene made them stop immediately with their intimacy and wanted to have their kids by their side instead.


“Daddy!” Jongmin suddenly yelped and grinned upon seeing his father. He squirmed against Baekhyun’s arms until the man finally let him down and go to his father. “Daddy!” he yelped again.


“Too bad, daddy can’t hold you yet. Maybe a kiss could work.” Chen pouted his lips for a peck and Hyemin had to carry their youngest son to reach up his father.


Chen’s body might be full of injuries but his spirit was uplifted by the people surrounding him. He wanted to thank each one of them as he knew they have always been there for him despite being comatose for two weeks. Just by looking at their eye bags, it’s obvious they took turns taking care of him and he was more than grateful.


“Dad, are you and mommy going to fight again? I don’t like seeing you fight.” Dahye scooted beside him and he let her rest on his chest.


“I hope so honey. It’s normal to have fights, but I promise it will never be that serious again.”


“Promise?”


“Yes, honey.”


“So I can give this to you then.” Dahye shuffled through her bag and put out a brown paper bag, the very same paper bag she had before Chen’s accident. “It’s for you and mommy.”


Hyemin opened it for them to see and found a handwritten letter from their daughter. Full of hearts with a drawn family very typical of a child’s love letter but then it’s their daughter so it has to be special. Whatever the content was, the parents are going to treasure it. Dahye got kisses from her parents and the

Please log in to read the full chapter