Chapter 33

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chen secretly peek from the top of his newspaper and watched the couple in front of him show affections to each other. The two were simply watching a movie, talking really close to each other and was smiling to each other, nothing more nothing less. And if ever the couple’s proximity gets too close, Chen would cough loudly, gaining the attention of the couple.


“Dad, you know you’re being too obvious.” Dahye stated and pulled down the paper from his face.


“What? This is my house and I can do anything I want.” Chen huffed childishly and straightened out his paper again to ‘read’.


“It’s okay, babe. I understand and I might do the same thing in the future.” Dahye’s boyfriend, Junmyeon, stepped in to stop her girlfriend from having another quarrel with her father. He had seen the same thing for years, and despite being not a serious fight, he would like to stop it before it worsen.


“See? Your boyfriend understands me, why can’t you?” Chen talked back again.


“Okay, that’s enough. Dinner is ready.” Hyemin came out from the kitchen and eased the tension between the couple and her husband.


She understood how protective Chen is to Dahye since she’s the only princess they have in the household. A typical father, and she was actually loving every bit of it.


“Junmyeon, is this man harassing you again?” Hyemin went behind her ‘nonchalant’  husband.


“Not at all, ma’am.” Junmyeon smiled and offered the woman help to set up the table.

“I’ll be honest with you, I like you for my daughter and it’s a plus point since you can keep with my husband.” Hyemin told him sincerely, making the young man blush madly.


Junmyeon sheepishly chuckled, scratching his nape. “Thank you…I actually want to ask you something, I would like to—”


“Mom!! You’ve got to see this!!” Dahye came running inside the kitchen with a huge smile on her face, obvious excitement emitting from her.


“What is it?” Hyemin followed after her daughter’s request and saw Jongmin holding hands with a girl.


“Hi mom…my girlfriend.” The girl then shyly smiled then bowed with respect.


“Yeonju?” Hyemin unsurely said the girl’s name in which the younger nodded. “Wow, you two always fight when you were younger.” Hyemin greeted Yeonju with a friendly hug.


“We still do Mrs. Kim…but not so much anymore.”


“You two are just in time…Come on, let’s have dinner altogether.” Hyemin invited all of them and the whole family, including their new members, went after her.


Chen and Dahye were obviously happy that Jongmin finally got the girl he wanted, but Hyemin was still quite in a stage of shock. Everything was happening right before her in a flash and her kids were all grown up. She’s still used to the old habit where Jongmin would always cling to her. He had always been a baby for her, and the same goes to Dahye.


Hyemin had nothing against their relationships as Dahye had already been dating Junmyeon since their college days and still staying strong. Junmyeon had been good to everyone else which made Hyemin like the boy for her daughter. Her 17-year old son also had the same fate, although it wasn’t just any girl, she was their business partner’s daughter and Jongmin’s buddy since they were little.


She was enjoying her life to its fullest but it all seemed to pass by without her knowing. Their kids were starting to have their own lives and soon enough, their noise will be gone in their home.


“Hey, why aren’t you eating?” Chen nudged her and she finally came back to her senses. She shook her head and started to fill with food. But there was someone who was obviously more uncomfortable than her.


“So Yeonju, how did Jongmin manage to woo you? I know you are very much aware that he’s a mama’s boy and a sissy.” Dahye asked Jongmin’s girlfriend and at the same time, trying to embarrass her own brother.


“I am definitely not a sissy!” Jongmin frowned while his girlfriend started laughing at him.


“It is true, but it’s okay. I see nothing wrong with it, well except for the sissy part. Grow some muscles, will you?!” Yeonju boyfriend as well while the other visitor had remained contained in his seat, obviously fidgeting and getting nervous.


“What’s wrong?” Hyemin asked the boy beside her and the boy looked even more nervous to her.


“Can I talk to you for a minute?” Junmyeon asked Hyemin. As soon as she nodded, the two went out of the room and let the other member of the family have fun with each other.


“Dad, are you still not okay with Junmyeon? Come on dad, Junmyeon and I have been dating for years. We always stay here so you won’t think badly of him and what does he get? A scowl from you every single time.” Dahye suddenly started an argument with her father.


“I was just trying to see if he truly deserves you.”


“Dad, he even courted me for years in this house before you finally let us date officially. Heck, he would even die for me and you know it.”


“That’s the point. If he can’t survive through me then how would he survive the other problems you’ll encounter in the future? I want a man that

Please log in to read the full chapter