Chapter 2

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Are you ready?” Chen asked as she buckled her seatbelt.


“Definitely.” She answered confidently.


For the span of 3 months, the two successfully convinced their parents to postpone the wedding and just ‘let them handle everything’. All of it was to find Hyemin’s boyfriend. They lied by saying they were going on dates when the truth was they were looking for a missing person. They have gone every place possible, where he could be staying or hanging out, but would fail every time. Hyemin even contacted her boyfriend’s friends but to no avail.


“Hyemin, this may be your last chance…our parents are already getting suspicious.”


“I know Chen…and thank you so much.” She smiled as she got off the car, strutting her way inside the bar.


She bit her lip and fiddled with the hem of her shirt. As Chen said, that night may be her last chance to see her boyfriend…now or never. Her heart thumped even more as she finally stepped inside the club, where the two of them used to hang out. Hearing the familiar noise, and inhaling all the familiar stench of her surroundings, her heart thumped even more.


By the way her heart beat, she had a feeling that she would finally see him and her instincts did not fail her…but her eyes did. She saw him, with a girl on his lap and making-out. If it was just a torrid and lustful kiss, Hyemin might have pulled the girl’s hair and cause commotion inside the place. It wasn’t the case…he was kissing her with passion and the two seemed so attached to each other already.


“Baekhyun…” she mumbled as she watched the two kiss to their heart’s content. He seemed to have moved on with everything and found another love, and that left Hyemin with no choice but to leave. Turning her back from the scene, she went back to Chen’s car, heartbroken and weak.


“Found him?” Chen immediately asked and did not even notice the hate and anger in Hyemin’s face.


“I did, but I don’t want him anymore. Let’s leave this place now, please.”


“Hyemin, I thought you’re still going to try? Please, don’t tell me you’re going to give up already…”


“I am and I actually regret even thinking that we still have a chance together.” She choked out. “Let’s go, we still have an appointment with the planner tomorrow.”


She does not want Chen to see her crying and held back her sobs but failed. It was hard to suppress her whimpers and tears, and ended up crying in his car.


“Tell me what happened.”


“I found him Chen…kissing another woman. It really seemed like he does not even want me anymore. It’s really over.”


“Why didn’t you approach him? What if it wasn’t him? What if…”


“I know him very well Chen. I should’ve known.” Chen sighed and he knew his words wouldn’t take effect on her anyway.


“If that’s the case, then he really does not deserve you. You already did everything and he should also do his part if he truly loves you.”


“I guess I’m really be going to be Mrs. Kim Jongdae very soon.”


“Hyemin, I won’t force you into this if you really don’t want to. I can still ask my parents to help your family without this marriage. Besides, I really don’t want to be a rebound our something you just wanted to get revenge.”


“I’m sorry Chen but I have to do this.”


“Hyemin…” he rubbed his temples and clucked his tongue due to her stubbornness.


“I’m really doing this not because I’m using you. We’ve talked about this. If he wanted me then I’ll elope with him, if not, then goodbye.”


Chen inwardly groaned as he finally drove back to Hyemin’s home. Hyemin has been an important part of his life, not only she was his fiancé, but she was also a friend. He would be lying if he’ll say that he did not like her at all. Heck, he may have fallen for her from the first time they met but he never said anything to her and seeing her so upset and crying was so hard for him to watch. He wanted to see her happy even if it meant that he has to give up his only chance to be with her.


His car finally came into a halt when they finally reached their home. Eventually, her sobs died down and fell asleep in his car. No matter how much he shook her, she wouldn’t even budge anymore.


“How am I going to wake you up in the morning when we’re finally married?” he mumbled silently as he opened the door on her side and carried her to her room. All of the people in the house were so nonchalant and let Chen do his thing since he was being trusted by everyone.

Please log in to read the full chapter