Chapter 21

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Day by day, Hyemin’s stomach grew bigger and bigger until she can’t almost get up from the bed without help. Chen had always wanted her to stay right from the start but she always insisted. She wanted to go to work and do the things she wanted but after a couple of months, all she wanted to laze around all day. Chen was in favor of her sudden decision and helped her with everything since all he wanted was for her and their Little Bear to be healthy.


“Dad, can you go with me to the bookstore? I need to buy materials for my project.”


“Surely honey. Just list down all the things you need—”


“—before we go there so we can save time and get home quickly for mom needs our help.” She cut him continuing what he was about to say and Hyemin burst out laughing. “I understand that dad, you’ve been saying those for months.”


“You can take all the time you want, okay? I can manage it here.” Hyemin was still laughing while holding onto her bloated stomach. Chen frowned and his two girls immediately stopped laughing at him.


“Okay mom. Dad! We’re going to be late! Hurry up!!” Dahye started pulling his father out of the house.


“You haven’t even said goodbye to your mother.”


“Oh, yeah right.” She ran back to Hyemin and kissed her cheek, “Bye mom, bye Little Bear.” She also kissed the large baby bump and continued to pull her father again. Chen quietly kissed his wife while caressing her stomach. In a matter of minutes, Hyemin was already alone inside their home. She lied down the couch and caressed her gently moving stomach.


Hyemin already misses having people around her, but she would’ve to wait another couple of months before she goes back to work. Her husband wouldn’t even let her leave home alone especially that she’s already due for the next couple of days. She missed moving around with ease, without any heavy load on her stomach, but then she’s much more excited to finally hold their Little Bear in their arms…having another bundle of joy in their lives.


She suddenly opened her eyes when the phone started to ring loudly. She yawned and just realized she took another nap while visualizing what she would love to do with her family as soon as their Little Bear finally grows up.


“Hello?” she said groggily.


“Honey, I think I forgot my phone there. Can you please check it for me?” Chen shuffled through his things while clipping the phone between his cheek and shoulder.


“Okay…would you like me to bring it to your office?”


“No, it’s okay. Just keep it, but please inform me if someone called.”


“I can do that.”


“Thanks honey.” She hummed and ended their call. She can clearly imagine Chen’s grateful smile which made her blush and smile widely. She suddenly shook the fantasies off her head for a while as she looked for Chen’s phone. She started on the couch, then the dining area, and lastly their room. Even she was having a hard time moving, she forced herself to bend and stretch her body multiple times until she got his phone under his pillow.


“Should I bring this to him? I feel so bored already and I want to go out, but then he would scold me. But then again, he can’t do anything anymore if I was already there.” She kept on talking and debating with herself. She slowly sat down the bed and felt the phone vibrate in her hands.


Jongdae, I need you. I would like to see you again. Please. -Taeyeon


Hyemin’s grip tightened her grip around the phone. ‘Was she the one who kept on calling Chen?’ she wondered. The Taeyeon girl even called her husband by his own name which made her furious. She replied to her and gave her a meet-up place. She felt uncomfortable and the stranger sounded so desperate to see her husband. If she was a client, then she could’ve gone to the office, but she wasn’t, and it wasn’t even the first time that she’d meet up with Chen.


“Chen, let’s have coffee together.”


“Coffee? You’re not even allowed to drink coffee.” He chuckled.


“Let’s just have lunch together!” she madly yelled over the phone.


“Okay, okay. I’ll pick you up.”


“You better.” She huffed and abruptly ended their call. Just when she actually thought that everything was settled between them a long time ago, it wasn’t. Was it something that she did? Was Chen not satisfied with his own family? Was everything he said were all lies? She was stressing so much that it was also felt by her Little Bear. A sudden kick was felt from her insides and it made her yelp from the pain. “Not now Little Bear, we still have to go a battle.”

 


 

 

 

“Didn’t I tell you to just stay at home? This is bad for you.” Chen opened the door of the coffee shop for her.


“Just so you know, walking helps so I wouldn’t have a hard time pushing this baby out.” She said, still not being sweet to her own husband. “And there’s nothing bad that will happen to me but maybe to you.”


“Why are you being like this? Did I do something wrong?”


“Why don’t you ask yourself?” she scoffed. She eyed the whole restaurant, and found a woman who looked exactly the same as the one Chen met before. “Hi, are you Taeyeon?”


“Y-y-yes, I am.” She stammered and looked at Chen helplessly.


“Client, huh?” she forcefully pulled her husband towards the table and then pushed him down. With the way she acted, she didn’t feel like a pregnant woman and Chen was also surprised with her sudden strength. The two people in front of her and refused to talk to each other, she even crossed her arms and glared at them, but she still got nothing. “Who are you?” she asked Taeyeon.


The girl looked up, looking scared and thought carefully if she would just speak or let Chen speak up for her. Chen felt embarrassed and guilty with the whole situation, especially that some of the customers were already looking at him.


“Hyemin, please, just sit down and let’s talk about this calmly…please.” Chen cooed and gently pulled her down to her seat.


“Just answer me! Who is she and what does she want from you!”


“I’m his sister.” Taeyeon answered softly and Chen looked at her in disbelief.


“Wow, sister?!” she scoffed. “We’ve been married for more than 10 yrs. and I never heard about you having a sister.”


“It’s true, I really am his sister. I am an illegitimate child and no one knew about me, except Chen and of course

Please log in to read the full chapter