Chapter 11

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun was still glued to his seat. It has been an hour, the authorities have gotten his information and recorded everything and yet he stayed. He doesn’t expect someone to pick him up but then he doesn’t want to go home yet. It was so hard for him to see his beloved in the arms of another man but then again, he could only blame himself.


He should be the one with her, not Chen.


He should be the one taking care of her, not Chen.


He should be the one who will she love, not Chen.


“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol called his name and ran towards him. “So glad you’re still alive.”


“Oh, Chanyeol…” Baekhyun was quite surprised but it didn’t come out as he expected it to be. He sounded nonchalant and uninterested by his friend’s presence.


“I asked these men here to call me if they found you.” Baekhyun lifelessly nodded. “Let’s get you home.”


“Can we get a drink first?” Chanyeol’s jaw dropped. “I don’t want to go home yet.” His friend sighed for he was defeated.


Chanyeol was pretty sure there must be a reason why Baekhyun was acting weirdly and he’s going to know what it was. He quickly drove back to his home and bought bottles of liquor instead.


“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol started being inquisitive as he poured alcohol to his friend’s glass.


“Everything.” Baekhyun quickly gulped the contents and hissed as the bitter liquid run down his throat. “First of all, Hyemin was also there on the ship.”


“.”


Baekhyun smirked, “And she was on her honeymoon. Anyway, the ship exploded I saved her and we’re stuck on an island. Just the two of us. Crazy isn’t it?”


“So what happened?”


“What happened on the island stays on the island, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun smirked.


“What the heck?!”


“Okay, we patch up things and ended it as soon as the boat found us. But this time, it’s officially, and we both accepted, everything is over between us. She’s already Chen’s woman now, not mine.”


“You think you did the right thing?”


“Even if I did…it’s too late anyway.” Baekhyun take his shot again and again until he couldn’t take it anymore.  “At least for the last time, I knew she loved me.” He smiled bitterly, imagining her sweet lips against his, and saying the three words that he loved the most. “It hurts though.”


“Let’s drink to that and just celebrate that you’re still alive.”


“I guess…I promised anyway that I’ll move on after the cruise, so I’m going to start today.”


“Cheers?” Chanyeol raised his glass awkwardly and it made his friend smirk.


“Cheers. For our new life.”

 

 

 

 

“Oh my! Darling!” Hyemin’s mother squealed in delight when she saw the person who suddenly came into their house. She had a huge smile plastered on her face and teary eyes as she welcomed the guest.


“Mommy…I missed you.” the younger female immediately ran to her mother. She sobbed and clung to her mother like a long lost child and whoever saw them would know how much they treasure each other.



“And you have no idea how much I missed you. I was so worried about you!” the mother showered her daughter’s face with kisses and Hyemin did
not even protest. She even wished that her mother would do it every day and she swore she would not complain from then on.


“Daddy…” Hyemin whimpered again when her eyes trailed further and saw her father staring at them with shock.


“My baby!” she smiled as she jumped and nuzzled to her father’s neck. “Are you hungry?”


“Famished.”


“I’ll prepare the food!” her mother beamed and hurried to the kitchen for their beloved daughter. The father and daughter were still clinging to each other as she passed by, she wanted to capture the moment for it rarely happen to them, but of course she still had to attend her daughter’s needs.


“I’m sorry, I wasn’

Please log in to read the full chapter