Chapter 10

Paradise
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Do you really think, we’ll be really rescued? I’m actually quite losing hope.” Hyemin mumbled sadly while playing with the sand, scribbling random lines and shapes to ease her boredom.


It was already days when the helicopter flew above them but then it never came back. Even the boats seemed to avoid the island for they had not seen any of it since their stay. Baekhyun made sure that the fire was always lit up for smoke to be seen and an SOS sign was written on the shore.


“It’s only been a week Minnie. Some people waited for months and years just to be rescued.”


“But still…” she pouted and then Baekhyun took the chance to peck her lips.


“Are you already tired of seeing my face?” he blurted out, acting like he was hurt.


“Yeah. You should look into a mirror right now so you would see your ugly face.” She playfully remarked.


“So I am ugly? Says the girl who hasn’t taken a bath for days!”


“Yah! We both haven’t taken PROPER bath for days! And at least I don’t smell, unlike you.”


“Oh, really?” Hyemin nodded while Baekhyun was preparing to attack. “Really?!”


She suddenly shrieked and laughed at the top of her lungs when his hands found their way through her ticklish waist. She wanted to run away but she was already trapped under him and was rolling all over the sand.


“Okay, okay…I’m sorry. I was just kidding.” She was catching her breath and Baekhyun finally let go of her after a few minutes of tickle fight. He chuckled and sat down beside her. He looked up and saw hoe the stars shone brightly above them, and even without proper light they can still see their surroundings perfectly.


“Does your husband know about our past?” he asked out of the blue. Hyemin hummed and sat upright as well. “I see…I’ll miss you Minnie.” His tone became serious and Hyemin was saddened by his sudden statement.


“What do you mean you’ll miss me?”


“Because once we’re back in Korea, I don’t think it’ll be appropriate if we continue to see each other.”


She looked at him with an apologetic expression. Slowly she snuggled into his chest, not wanting to let him go anytime soon. Her tears were pooling at the edge of her eyes and snuggled even more when she couldn’t help it at all.


“Don’t cry Minnie.” He told her while making her look into his eyes. “I love you. Always.” He continued before kissing her passionately on the lips. With the way she responded to him, he actually never wanted to leave the island anymore, but then he also knew Chen would do anything to find her.


“I love you.” She replied and he kissed her once again.


“Promise me Minnie, whatever happened on this island, stays on this island.” She nodded and leaned again on his chest.

 

 

 

 

“Jongdae, honey, what would you like to eat?” his mom asked him.


Chen was skimming through the map and marking all those islands that they have been to and he didn’t even look up to his mother.


“Jongdae…” she called him again.


“I’m okay mom.”


“Honey, you’ve been skipping meals for days. I know it’s hard but you also have to take care of yourself. How can you find her if you’re going to end up in th

Please log in to read the full chapter