Day 2

Getting to Know You

            She woke up and smelled something amazing. She smelled eggs and toast, and was that the spicy hint of Chipotle? Roffy pulled off the covers and slid on her slippers. She walked out of the room and remembered that this was the beach house, and not her house. Slightly disoriented, she shook her head and walked down the stairs, rounded the corner to the kitchen.

            Yongguk had a white apron tied around his waist and he was flipping what looked like pancakes in the shape of something she has never seen before. It looked like an animal’s head but Roffy wasn’t sure. Her attention was diverted when she saw the familiar brown bag on the counter.

            “How did you know I liked Chipotle!?”

            Yongguk jumped, a feat she never thought was possible (scaring him that was), and turned around sheepishly. “Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping?”

            She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow. “I don’t know. Am I? Is there a set time I’m supposed to wake up?” She leaned forward and decided to a little. “Or was I supposed to remain sleeping until my prince comes and wakes me up with a kiss?” Roffy had no idea where the daring comments were coming from. She still wasn’t as close with Yongguk to be joking like this.

            He smiled, something that she was happy she could see every day, and laughed out loud. “Well, my sleeping beauty,” and at this, she blushed brilliantly, “since you woke up and ruined the surprise, you can set the table.”     

            Roffy scowled but took the plates he was holding out and placed the two side by side. He had opened the windows and the salty sea air was blowing into the house. She sat down and he placed the Chipotle bag in front of her and served the eggs and pancakes.

            “I heard you liked the burritos, so I asked them to deliver. They were kind of annoyed at having to travel this far but whatever my bride wants, she shall get.”

            She stared at the breakfast in front of her and then the man in front of her and felt her heart flutter. Her mother had excellent taste. How had she met this man and when can Roffy thank her for giving her this miracle?

            She opened the bag and took out the chicken burrito. Yongguk was watching her in anticipation and she immediately made a face. “I can’t eat chicken! I’m allergic!”

            “What? But your brother said you always get this! Give me that.” The panicked expression on his face was utterly priceless.

            Roffy burst into laughter and tugged the burrito back from him and took a big bite. “Fooled ya.”

            Yongguk sat down and placed a hand over his heart. “Darn, I’m really getting to know you day by day, and the more I know you, the more certain I am that one day you’re going to give me a heart attack one day.”

            She laughed through her food and he used his thumb to wipe away at some of the hot sauce that dripped down. Roffy smiled at him, thankful and blessed that of all people she had to be set up with, it was him. He handed her a napkin with a smirk. “I also know your nose gets super runny when you eat spicy food. So take this.”

            She scrunched her nose at him and stuck out her tongue. “Stupid,” she muttered.

            He gave her a pleased look and reached into his apron and took out two packaged things. “What is this?”

            Yongguk pushed one towards her. “Open both of them actually.”

            Roffy placed down her food and carefully unwrapped the blue package. Out fell a Tigger phone case. She picked it up and looked at Yongguk. “One thing I definitely know about you is your Tigger obsession. That was the first thing you told me on our first date.”

            He scratched his neck and laughed. “Yeah, now open this one.”

            She took the pink tissue paper package and saw a leather case with Pooh on it. There was also a Pooh phone charm. Roffy looked at Yongguk and saw that he was barely containing his gummy smile. “We match,” he said softly.

            She took out her phone and immediately placed it in the case and placed it next to his. “Guess we’re a real couple now.” And impulsively, she grabbed him and hugged him.


All the support you guys are giving this story makes me squeal

♥ It's the best for the very best ♥