Day 1

Getting to Know You

            The first day was filled with ceremonies and people surrounding them. It was a wedding and there were friends and family mingling, wishing one another well. Friends were sizing up the bride and groom, each trying to see if the other fits their friend and deciding that, with time, this would be a beautiful marriage. Relatives were patting themselves on the back for being the liaison for this wedding to happen.

            Roffat’s mother walked up to Yongguk and patted his suit-encased arm, smiling. “You take care of my daughter and I’ll take care of you. You look like you can do with some fattening.”

            Roffy was standing by his side and wanted to hit her head against the wall ten times, but that wasn’t what the demure bride should do so she just narrowed her eyes at her mom and made a mental note to bring this up as another embarrassing thing she’s done. The guests walked up to the newlywed couple and congratulated them.

            She looked up at the person she had married at the same time when he looked down. Their eyes met, and both looked away, shy with one another. When the festivities came to a close and all the lights and shimmer began to dim, everyone gathered outside to watch the groom and his bride go off on their honeymoon, and married life, adventure.

            Petals, rice, (her brother threw beads) were thrown at their retreating backs and once in the car, they turned towards the window to wave goodbye. And then they were on their own.

            Yongguk glanced at her and took her hand without saying anything. She looked everywhere but at him and she thought she heard him chuckle. Her face flamed. She was shy; it was her wedding day and, as the dark sky indicated, her wedding night. They drove for a couple hours and she felt her head begin to nod off.

            “Don’t lean towards your right,” she told herself as she felt her body tilt slowly right, almost as if pulled by Yongguk’s magnetic presence.

            When Roffy woke up, they were already at the beach house, and she was embarrassed to find that he had carried her in. She was still dressed in her finery and Yongguk was nowhere to be seen. She started off by removing the many delicately spun bangles and the silk sashes that encased her waist. Then she stopped. Wasn’t it his job to remove her clothes?

            Her face flamed at the thought and she quickly got off the bed and moved to her suitcase. She found a thin gossamer nightgown and tiptoed to the bathroom. The door was locked and she cursed silently. What was taking him so long? Just as she was contemplating changing right there, the door opened and Yongguk stepped out.

            “Did you wake up?” The exasperation rose in her and she wanted to point out snidely almost that obviously she was awake. Did he think she was sleep-walking? But she knew the irritation was more due to nervousness than him so she nodded and he smiled.

            “Go change then and get comfortable. Take your time.”

            She nodded mutely again and slipped past him. Her heartbeat when she smelled his body wash only increased and that was embarrassing.

            She took her time and walked out. There was still a light on but Yongguk’s eyes were already closed. Roffy pulled the covers away slowly and slipped in. It was so unnerving sleeping next to a guy. He turned and she muffled a scream.

            Yongguk’s eyes opened and he smiled. He reached for her and she thought, “Oh no, this is it,” but he only pulled her in, and hugged her to him. He let out a sigh and nuzzled her neck a little. They stayed still, her in his arms, both intimate and chaste, and she felt herself calm.

            “We have a whole lifetime to do what we want,” he whispered in her ear. “Let’s take this slowly, okay? I want to start by getting to know you. Sleep tight tonight, Roffy. Tomorrow will be another day.”


I'm going to ask that you at least write a comment below every time you read a chapter so I'll know you read it, okay? :D 

This isn't going to be all fluff and unicorns, lady. Marriage is a bit realistic, you know :P 

Love you lots~