Day 5

Getting to Know You

The first thing Roffy saw when she opened her eyes was a large banner strung across the window. The light hit against it and made the bold words even brighter, “Good Morning, Mommy!” She freaked out.

            “Yongguk!”

            He came running up the stairs and saw her face. She pointed in horrification at the banner. “Who in the world put that there?”

            “I did.” He replied nonchalantly and she stared at him. He had put the banner there? How was that possible? What did it even mean? Mommy? But they haven’t even… done the deed yet! How could she possibly be a mother? She continued to look at him, with what she knew must be an idiotic expression.

            Roffy is a nurse. She knows biology, heck she even contemplated being an obstetrician. She definitely knows how a baby is made. And she is one hundred percent sure that in the past four days, nothing has happened to even remotely make you think of ‘zygote.’

            “Care to explain?” She asked him cautiously.

            Yongguk rolled his eyes. “I can’t believe I have to take you to meet our first child. What sort of parenting is this.”

            She panicked. “You didn’t spawn some child with another woman and now she’s dumping the baby with you right?” That was a possibility. After all, this was an arranged marriage. Her mother may not have done a thorough background check on him.

            His mouth dropped and that was the genuine sign of true shock. She felt a small ripple of relief flow through her. “N-no?” he choked. “I don’t even, I haven’t even, oh my gosh.” His ears turned red and she wanted to hide under the blanket. It was bad enough that she was confused as hell, she also now had him flustered and also was armed with the new knowledge that he was a too. That meant the two of them would have to… She shook her head. That was another problem for another turn. Right now, she had to deal with the new title that was ed at her.

            “Okay, what is this mommy business? And can I please meet our child? Did you adopt?” She knew Yongguk was into charity.

            He looked at her. “Can we though?”

            Roffy nodded slowly. “Yes, but that’s another story for another day. Talk to me.”

            Yongguk threw her his gummy smile. “You need to get out of bed first.”

            She grumbled but threw off the covers. Yongguk took her hand and they walked downstairs. She found an entire area set up in front of the couch. The table had been moved out of the way and she stepped closer.

            In the middle of the room was a large pen. She saw a small water bowl and tufts of what looked like grass. It was like a mini fenced in playground for animals. Her eyes searched the space, trying to see who their child was. And then there it was.

            Out hopped a gray bunny and Roffy let out a squeal. She squatted down to look and the animal perched on its hindlegs and stared at her. Its paws came forward as if begging and Yongguk handed her a bag of carrots.

            “Bunny, say hi to mommy.”

            She carefully reached into the bag and brought out a stick for the animal. It sniffed her hand, withdrew a little shyly and so she placed the food down. The rabbit twitched its nose and looked at her a little longer before hopping closer and crunching on it. Her heart melted at the sound of the teeth gnawing on the vegetable.

            “Yongguk, I’m in love.”

            “Good. I always know the best tactics to get girls to fall in love with me.”

            She looked up at him to see him barely containing a smile. “I was talking about the bunny, you conceited idiot.”

            Yongguk heaved a sigh. “Guess I gotta return him now.”

            “No!” Roffy grabbed his arm. “You can’t return our son! What type of parenting is that?”

            He stared at her for a good minute before allowing a smile to take over his face. “We should have real kids soon. I liked what you said about our son. Okay, so do you have a name for him yet?”

            “No. You think of one. I’m terrible at thinking of names.”

            “Uh, I’m not any more creative than you are.”

            The two of them sat, watching their baby hop around its pen. Once in a while, the bunny would stop in front of them, blink and rub its nose before hopping away. Yongguk rubbed his nose against her neck and then clapped his hand.

           “I’m going to call him Sniffles because he’s always twitching his nose. Yes, that’s it. Come here, Sniffles.”

            Roffy stared at him in absolute horror. “What if the only thing our baby does is cry and you call him Wails?”

            Yongguk was a on a roll. “Of course, then he’d be the Prince of Wails.”

            “That’s it. I’m done with you. We’re getting a divorce. Bye.” She leaned over the pen and picked up Sniffles. The bunny settled into her arms and she walked back upstairs where she didn’t have to deal with Yongguk for the next few minutes.


I APOLOGIZE FOR THE PUNS

I HAD TO. THAT LAST LINE. I'M SORRY

And I did say Day 5 was Roffy divorces Yongguk right? :P