Day 27

Getting to Know You

            Roffy turned into the driveway and was momentarily stunned to see a car that she had seen growing up. She glared at the vehicle suspiciously and cautiously entered the house. As she did, she heard an all-too familiar voice and nearly panicked.

            The voice was saying, “Well, you see, we’re sort of doing things out of order. This conversation should have taken place a couple of months ago. Now, if you don’t mind,” and she walked into the dining room just in time to see someone flying into the air at Yongguk.   

            Roffy screamed but Yongguk skillfully dodged before putting an arm out to keep the assailant from hitting the ground too hard. Her brother let out an “oomph” and stood up, nodding his head admiringly. “Alright, good to know that you can protect my kid sister and be a good guy at the same time.”

            She groaned and wanted to hit him. “What did you do that for? Yongguk’s still sick.”

            Her brother looked almost like a kicked puppy when he looked at her. “I was just trying to see if we made the right choice.”

            “You know, the wedding’s been over for nearly a month. You’re a little late.”

            “Circumstances,” he brushed her words away.

            Yongguk stood up and held out his hand. “It’s okay. Did you hurt yourself?”

            Roffy rolled her eyes at the two of them. “Idiots,” she muttered.

            The three of them were on the couch, watching the World Cup. Her brother was being embarrassingly loud and his obnoxious self as he shouted himself hoarse. Yongguk, not really caring that her brother was only two feet away, took a peanut from the table and fed it to her.

            “What was that?”

            The couple looked up, thinking that he was raging about a call only to find him looking at them. “What did you just do to her?”

            Roffy covered her face and wanted to kick him but Yongguk only blinked innocently. “Fed her food.”

            Her dear older brother shuddered and refocused on the game. “Can’t you be more mature like Yongguk?” Roffy asked. “The two of you are the same age.”

            “How does it feel? Does it feel like you’re married to your older brother?” he teased and she aimed a kick at him.

            When he finally apologized, Yongguk snuggled deeper next to her and placed his arm around her. When her brother was preoccupied with a goal, he leaned over and kissed her cheek. “He’s really quite cute, your brother.”

            “Don’t even go there.”


sorry Yongguk was distracting @_@