Day 26

Getting to Know You

When she woke up and heard Yongguk coughing, Roffy knew. She immediately reached a hand out to touch his forehead. “You’re sick!”

            “No,” he croaked in a voice that completely belied his statement.

            Roffy pursed her lips. “You’re not going anywhere today. You’re staying in bed all day if I can help it.”

            Yongguk rolled his eyes and got up. “I don’t even know how this happened.” He struggled to take off the blankets but found that she was sitting on it.

            His wife raised her eyebrows in an almost challenging manner. “Where do you think you’re going?”

            “I need to function!” his deep voice even cracked at the end of his protest and she snorted into her palm.

            “You can’t function properly when you’re going to open your mouth and sound like you’ve reversed twenty years. Stay in bed like a good boy and try not to spread your illness around, okay?”

            “You should wear a mask,” he told her.

            Roffy flicked his forehead. “Don’t be dumb. I’m a nurse. I’m around sick people all the time.”

            Yongguk coughed and sank back down into the sheets. “Now that you mention it, I’m actually a bit tired.”

            “Sleep a little more and I’ll have tea and porridge ready whenever you wake up.”

            “Aren’t you going to work?”

             “Since this is the first time you’ve been sick, I’ll pretend to be a good wife and stay home to nurse you back to health. Might as well help my husband first before I help strangers, right?”

            Yongguk cracked a tiny smile and blew her a kiss before snuggling deeper into his blankets. “I love you,” he mumbled.

            Roffy shook her head but that didn’t hide her smile. She watched him fall asleep before getting off the bed to find the proper medication. She rummaged in the cupboard and took out a Tigger mug she received recently for her birthday and poured the hot tea into it. It took her another fifteen minutes to make the oatmeal. By the time she came upstairs, Yongguk’s eyes were open again.

            “Why are you awake?”

            “I can’t sleep without you next to me.”

            Roffy scowled. “Don’t be stupid. You survived well into your twenties without me.”

            “You know how people never know what they’re missing?”

            She sat on the bed next to him and helped him get up. “For a sick person, you’re surprisingly talkative.”

            Yongguk stuck out his tongue. “Can you thee ma tongthils?” he asked her.

            “Gross.” Roffy held up the spoon with the medication. “How about you put that tongue away and drink this instead?”

            He wrinkled his nose. “It tastes bad.”

            “What are you five?”

            “Try twenty-five.”

            “You’re not acting like it,” she chided him. He opened his mouth obediently and she fed him the medication. Yongguk shuddered a little and then pointed at the oatmeal.

            “Are you feeding me that too?”

            She stared at him for a good few minutes before sighing. “Yes. Yes, I am.”

            Yongguk swallowed a bite happily and smacked his lips. “Man, should I be jealous of all the patients you take care of? This is A plus service.”

            “Is this how you pick up all your nurses?”

            “Just this one,” he gave Roffy a winsome smile.

            Despite Yongguk’s hacking cough later on and his protests, she still leaned in to give him a light kiss because he really was the best patient she ever had. 


AHAHAHAHAHAHA

SURPRISE!

I'll be honest, this was originally supposed to end on Day 25. I even had the ending letter all thought up in my head, but two things changed my mind.

1. I can't really let this go. I love writing about you two so much and even though all good things must end, I think this can end a little later.

2. zicosucks (Jun 24, 2014 12:01:29) says about chapter 24x
1 more day :( 

^ HOW I CAN BEAR TO END IT AFTER READING THAT NO ROFFY NO

And so you, you lucky girl, you get six extra days. I'm going to finish out the one happy month of oyr marriage and then give you an epilogue. 

I know you love me ♥