Day 28

Getting to Know You

Her phone let out a bloop, indicating that a message had come in and Roffy reached for it absentmindedly, her attention still focused on the textbook in front of her. She had wanted to look up a specific disease before helping the doctor work with the patient. Barely glancing at her phone, she saw that it was a message from Yongguk and placed her phone down. He could wait.

Her brows furrowed as she perused the textbook, reading down the lengthy explanations. Addison’s Disease is a condition that occurs when the adrenal glands of the body do not produce enough of their hormones. The cause of the disease can be, but are not limited to, damage to the adrenal glands, autoimmune conditions, and sometimes genetic conditions. Symptoms include extensive fatigue…

            She rubbed her eyes. Fatigue. She’s been reading the tiny print for the past few hours and her brain felt foggy. Her phone beeped again and she decided to answer him. To her surprise, only two minutes had passed between his first message and this.

Yongguk: Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbeee :(((((

Yongguk: babe don’t ignore me :[

            Roffy rolled her eyes. Two minutes wasn’t being ignored and her exasperation wasn’t just with him. She answered shortly with a “what do u want.”

            Almost immediately her phone moved again with his reply. “I miss you~~”

            This brought a small smile on her lips but she glanced back at the heavy textbook.

Roffy: I’m trying to study

            She placed her phone down only to have to pick it right up. This boy clearly had way too much time on his hands.

Yongguk: need a tutor??? :]

            Her face went hot and the tips of her ears turned red.

Roffy: BANG YONGGUK

Roffy: STOP RIGHT THERE

            And then she put her phone down, one hundred percent determined to ignore him. Thankfully he didn’t reply. But now that he had already penetrated her thoughts, she found herself glancing at the phone every few seconds to see if he had answered. There was a small sinking feeling in her chest as she imagined him putting his phone away, shaking his head like a kicked puppy.

            Roffy let out a groan and took her phone. “When are you coming back?” she typed.

            This time the response took three minutes rather than the three seconds his previous ones did. “Soon. Go sleep early.”

            Roffy’s mouth tugged down into a frown. “Are we okay?” She put her phone down gently as if it contained a time bomb and tried to concentrate.

            His response dinged and she lunged for the phone.

Yongguk: Why wouldn’t we be?
            She could imagine the shortness in his words and bit her lip. Maybe she should apologize. She tapped out words on her keyboard before deleting them. Who said marriage was easier than dating? It was just as hard thinking of what to say to one’s husband than to one’s boyfriend.

            Her thoughts were so absorbed by her dilemma, she failed to hear the front door unlock and two hands covered her eyes.   

            Roffy let out a scream and she heard a familiar chuckle that made her sag with relief. “You’re back!” she said, unable to keep the happiness from her voice.

            Yongguk slid into the chair next to her and looked at her with a sparkle in his eyes. “Of course. You needed a tutor, and I’d be glad to help you distress.” He continued looking at her with the mischievous glint in her eyes and she gave in.


double update tomorrow :( going to Korean hotpot 

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS ONE ROFFY HEHEHE