Day 18

Getting to Know You

            This was it. This was the end of their marriage. Roffy and Yongguk were currently not talking to one another. And that was the end of the world as she knew it. It was day eighteen, they were exactly two and a half weeks into the marriage and they were fighting.

            It was over something dumb, like most couple fights usually were, but this one feels like it could be the worst fight they will ever have. What could be worse than being accused of cheating and being forever afraid that his eyes would wander?

            He walked by her and their shirts brushed and she wanted to cry. She could physically feel the silent treatment, the cold chills emanating from him. She clenched her jaw and continued reading the files that she was too distracted to finish at work.

            “How long are you going to keep this up?” She heard the frustration in his voice and looked intensely at the paper. The typed print was blurring as embarrassing, hot tears spilled down her cheek.

            “I didn’t even look at her.” He pulled out the chair in front of her and sat down. “Roffat, look at me.” She did because he used her full name. “She just asked for directions and yes, she was being flirty, but I don’t like men who are unfaithful. I would never, ever think of hurting you. Yes, it was a little charming, but so be it. You’re going to have men hit on you and you’re going to like the attention. But you won’t do anything because I know you won’t, and neither will I. Stop overthinking it.”

            She put her papers down. Of course Yongguk had a point but he was also forgetting a little thing that was actually really important: her feelings. She took a deep breath. “Everything you said is logically correct. You weren’t really going to leave me for her and it was just a little bit of harmless flirting. But the thing is, it bothers me. It makes me really upset for some reason and I wish you can understand that.”

            He ran a hand down his face and sighed. He reached for her hand and held it. “Roffs, I’m sorry. Of course it would bother you if you think I’m giving another woman attention. To be honest, I would be annoyed and really jealous too if the roles were switched. Just having that one creeper hit on you the other day already made me angry. I can’t imagine if you went along with it. I’m sorry.”

            Now that the apology was out, Roffy breathed. “She was just really pretty.”

            With a completely straight face, he raised an eyebrow. “Really? Because I didn’t think so. She was just wearing a low cut shirt. It was kind of trashy actually.”

            “Really? Was that why you kept flashing her a smile whenever she leaned over to point at something in the map?” It was hard to keep the jealousy out of her voice and even though the comment was said in more humor than anger, she still felt embarrassed.

            Yongguk smiled. “You’re cute when you’re jealous.”         

            “Yaeh, and you’re annoying when you’re being cocky.” She shot back. She would never ever be jealous again. Who cared if he threw a million smiles in another woman’s direction?

            Immediately, he became contrite and gave her a puppy-eyed look. “Is Roffu still mad at me?”

            She threw her head back in exasperation. “You are not allowed to do that.”

            “Do what?” he was still feigning innocence.

            “Get out of an argument by being so darn adorable,” she mumbled.

            He got up and leaned in closer. “What? I don’t think I heard you the first time.”

            She pushed back her chair. “Good. Then you weren’t meant to hear it ever.”

            Yongguk grabbed her waist. He stared into her eyes and Roffy wanted to cough to break up the moment. Her face was getting hot. He leaned in and kissed her. “You’re ten thousand times prettier than she was.”

            He released her and winked at her. “I’ll go get dinner ready.”


Yongguk's level - +69

/GETS BRICKED/