Day 15

Getting to Know You

            Roffy snuck into the room and placed a handmade card by Yongguk’s face on the pillow. He was tired from staying up late and doing studio work so she didn’t want to wake him up just yet. Not to mention, she still needed to get things ready.

            She went downstairs and blew up a couple of balloons before tying them in a bunch and letting them float towards the ceiling. She checked the oven and saw that the baked ziti she was making was coming along perfectly. The cake was almost cooled and all she had to do was ice it.

            The timer on the counter went off and she took the pasta out. She made a small salad on the side and mixed in kimchi with it, smiling at her own genius. Once the plates were set, the next important thing was making sure Sniffles was ready.

            She pulled the pen into the kitchen and held the newly groomed and washed rabbit in her arms. She took something from the floor and proceeded to put it on her son. The bunny wiggled and she cooed, “Just endure it for a little longer.”

            When Roffy finally finished, she went to ice the cake and used the nozzle to write out the words on the surface. She washed her hands and picked up Sniffles. It was time to wake up the guest of honor.

            Yongguk was already up and brushing his teeth so she sat on their bed and waited. He came out shirtless and she closed her eyes. He grinned at her and pulled a shirt over his head as he approached.

            “Morning to you- wait, why does Sniffles have a party hat on him? What have you done to our baby?”

            Roffy grinned and gave Sniffles for Yongguk to hold. “Happy Father’s Day!”

            He laughed out loud then and kissed the bunny’s twitching nose. “I see what you did there. Thanks.”

            She bounced up and down, excited. “Come downstairs!”

            He followed her down and she spread her arms at the decorated living room. “Ta-Dah!” Yongguk took in the streamers and the balloons and breathed in. “Mm, smells good. Have you been up preparing this?”

            “Yep. I had to make sure your first father’s day went perfectly. Do you like it?”

            He placed Sniffles down in his pen and let the bunny roam free with the party hat still attached. “Yes. I really appreciate this.”

            She smiled. “Make the hard work all worth it.”

            Yongguk sat on his seat and looked at her slyly. “Think next year, we can celebrate this with our baby?”

            Roffy colored and she looked at the pasta, the sauce as red as her face, she was sure. “Well, um,” she hemmed, unsure of how to respond.

            Yongguk took a bite. “Yum, this is good.” He looked at her and smiled softly. “Hey, no pressure. I’m happy celebrating another year with just Sniffles.”

            She leaned into him and blinked gratefully up at him. “We’ll take it one day at a time okay? Who knows, maybe by next year Sniffles will be an older brother.”

            The smile that spread across Yongguk’s face made Roffy’s heart expand and she knew that no matter what happened, she would be okay facing it with him. 


I had to akdghadjkhag