Day 4

Getting to Know You

            “Oops, there goes our plans of scuba diving,” Yongguk murmured softly. The two of them had woken up in each other’s arms and heard the soft patter of the raindrops hitting the glass window. Roffy didn’t mind at all; she had been dreading going scuba diving anyway.

            She inched closer to Yongguk and gingerly placed her head in the crook of his arm. “So what do you want to do?”

            He hummed as he thought about the question. “Well, I’d say sleep in but that would be boring on our honeymoon. So you decide.”

            There was an idea on her mind but she wasn’t sure if it was honeymoon appropriate. “Can we watch horror movies?”

            Yongguk looked at her in amusement. “Horror movies?” Roffy nodded hesitantly and he laughed. “Whatever you want. I’m sure they have Netflix or something of the likes here. Do you have one in mind?”

            The two of them headed downstairs into the sitting room and she curled up on the couch with a throw pillow. He glanced at her as he set up the television, and smiled. “You sure you won’t scream in my ear?”

            “No,” she pouted. “I laugh.”

            His eyebrow shot up as he looked at her skeptically. “You laugh?

            “Yeah because I’m so scared. If I scream, I’d just be giving into the fear.”

            He chuckled quietly and looked at the screen. “Does The Exorcist sound good to you?”

            “I guess we can watch that one. Sit with me?”

            “Why?” he . “I thought you laughed in the face of horror.”

            Roffy pouted. “If you won’t sit next to me, what sort of couple activity is this?”

            He bowed and sat next to her. “Here, I offer you my arm in advance. Feel free to hold it, squeeze it when you need to, but do me a favor, do not cut off my circulation. I’d like to hold you a bit longer than just four days into our marriage.”

            She huffed and slid her arm around his, holding him to her as the movie came on. The beginning was okay, but once the eerie music came on, she tensed. The parts where the girl was being possessed made her shiver and she hid her face behind Yongguk’s arm. Occasionally she would peer over and laugh nervously because otherwise the goosebumps would start.

            Yongguk held her hand and laughed with her during particularly scary parts. The only difference was, he was genuinely amused and she was using laughter as a scare tactic. He wound his arm around her shoulder and held her close when she let out tiny squeaks. When the movie was finally over, he glanced over at her.

            “You okay there, darling?”

            Roffy untangled her legs and nodded. “Yeah. Can we do something more fun now?”

            “Hey, the movie was your idea.”

            “I mean, it’s raining and dark outside and I can’t help but feel that something’s going to pop out at any moment.”

            He laughed out loud then and held her hand as they walked to the kitchen. Roffy sat by the counter as Yongguk went and got candles. The room was suddenly lit with a warm, cozy glow and he grinned. “I figure we can be a little bit more romantic than just flipping the light switch on. Do you want to tell me stories about yourself?”

            Roffy shook her head. “You go first.”

            “Hey no fair. I told you about Tigger first and your reaction was to laugh at me. I think it’s time you told me a story about yourself and let me laugh at you.”

            She scowled at him and cleared . “Well, I hate snakes.”

            He looked at her and nodded. “Okay, fair enough.”

            “No, you do not understand. I hate them,” she emphasized, becoming more animated as she thought about it. “I’ve had so many bad experiences with them and I just hate them. I stepped on a rattlesnake when I was four and I just stood there and cried. It was horrible. I couldn’t breathe and even now,” she shuddered, feeling the fear creep up her body. “They’re scarier than horror movies.”

            Yongguk sidled up to her and hugged her to him, her back as she tried to dispel the horrible memories from her head. He kissed the top of her head and promised her, “Next time I meet a snake, I’ll give him a whopping to remember and beat him up, take revenge on him and all of his kind for making my Roffy cry. I’ll tie him up and make sure that he can’t breathe and can’t stuff anything in his stomach, and I will make that snake cry, okay?”

            She hiccupped and smiled despite herself. Roffy looked up at Yongguk and kissed his nose. “You’re such a dork, you know.”

            He narrowed his eyes, trying to look fierce. “Hey, I’m the mighty snake warrior.”


Sobs I love rainy days @_@

I love writing this story because I'm learning more about you every day ♥

And I hate snakes too. So. I feel you ♥