Love Over Friendship

Without You

 

= Shin Aegi =

 

I was looking at the magazine for Wedding Cake picture. I tried to find a good wedding cake for my own wedding. But definitely the cake should be vanilla flavor. It was Doojoon's favorite flavor.

 

But suddenly I became silent. I remembered that was one more person who liked vanilla flavor.

 

It was Junhyung.

 

I my lips as I put my hand down to the table.

 

It had been a month since Junhyung barged in to the cafe with anger on his face right after he received the news about my marriage with Doojoon. I knew that he felt angry with me. I knew that he felt disappoint and questioning my decision.

 

He grabbed my arms so tight as he asked for my reason to agree the marriage. He even didn't care about Hyunseung, Gikwang and Yoseob who wanted to separate us. I told him to calm down. But he seemed not to listen to me. So I slapped him.

 

Yes, I slapped him on his cheek, making my other three best friends dropped their jaws in surprise. But I guessed it was working since Junhyung went silence after that. But I felt regreted and shocked too that I had slapped him. I didn't think that I had the gut to slap him. I did ever punched him once when we were kids. But to slap him again now, I gasped in shock.

 

"I-I'm so sorry, Junhyung. I didn't mean to hurt you. I care about you. But..."

 

I couldn't continue my words anymore because he brushed off my stretched hand. Junhyung looked at me in the eyes with disappointment. I swore I could see pain on his eyes. And it made my heart bleeding too.

 

I've hurt him so deep. I've hurt my best friend.

 

"Fine. Just do whatever you want." He said then he turned and walked away. He punched the wall beside the cafe's door so hard before he walked out.

 

I was afraid that his fist might have hurt or something.

 

"I-I'll go and try to talk with him." Yoseob said after he went away.

 

Hyunseung just nodded. So Yoseob quickly walked away before he lost Junhyung's track. Gikwang came to me and asked me whether I was fine or not. He looked worried about me.

 

After that day, Junhyung never showed himself before my eyes. I tried to call him but he never picked it up. I texted him too, but he never replied. So I gave up on him and gave him the time to calm him self. Then I started to miss him. He was my best friend and I couldn't deny the fact that I cared about him. But to love him, I still didn't know whether I loved him or not.

 

And of course I told Doojoon about what had happened. He said that he would talk with Junhyung. But I never heard Doojoon talked about it anymore. But somehow I could see bruise on Doojoon's lips when I met him again.

 

Did they fight?

 

I didn't know. And Doojoon never told me either about it.

 

Last week, I heard from Dongwoon that Junhyung had gone overseas for business trip. I just hoped that it would calm him down somehow. But I missed Junhyung.

 

The cafe bell that rang brought me back from my thought. I looked up as I said, "Welco-."

 

But Doojoon was the one that came. My smile bloomed as I saw him coming.

 

"Ah, Doojoon." I called him.

 

He looked at me and smiled then approached me. "You want to see me?" He asked as he sat across of me.

 

I nodded and turned the magazine to face him. "Yae, which cake that you think will be nice?" I looked at him.

 

"For the wedding cake?" He asked for making sure as he put his hands on the table and leaned forward.

 

I nodded again eagerly.

 

Doojoon frowned playfully. "Ya. Have I told you that you don't need to think about it?"

 

I puffed my cheeks to hear that. "But I want to make my own wedding cake. It’s my dream. I think I have told you about it too for so many times."

 

Doojoon clicked his tongue. "Okay, okay." But he smiled and looked at the magazine.

 

“I have decided to make the vanilla cake. But the decoration will be a bit hard for me.” I told him as he turned the page.

 

Doojoon looked up at me. “Vanilla? I thought you don’t like vanilla taste. You like Chocolate better.”

 

I pursed my lips again. “But you like it, right?”

 

Another smile came to Doojoon’s face. But his smile looked gentle and sweet. He released his hand that held the magazine’s page and rested it on the table, just near my extended hand. I almost thought that he would hold my hand for a moment.

 

“You know you don’t have to force your self in this marriage.”

 

I dropped my gaze. “I already decided.”

 

“But you still can back off. I can call off the wedding and tell my father about it.”

 

I pouted my lips and shook my head. “No.” I told him as I looked back at him. “I won’t back off.”

 

A concern look came across Doojoon’s face. “Aegi…”

 

But then, the door bell rang and I looked to door. But the one that had just come in making me became silent. It was a man dressed in fine suit. He looked so gorgeous and charismatic at the same time since he had to help running the family’s big company despite of his young age. He looked around as if he was looking for something or someone. Then he saw me and smiled in friendly way. I quickly stood up as he walked approaching me.

 

“Tae-il oppa…” I mentioned his name and bowed as he stopped in the front of me.

 

“Good thing that I decided to visit the café first.” He said. “It’s good to see you again. You look fine.”

 

I smiled. “Thank you.” I said. “But what are you doing here? Isn’t it your time for working?”

 

“It’s still lunch time, Aegi. So I sneak out for a while.” He paused. “Halmoni will have her birthday party tomorrow and she’s expecting you to come. So you must come. Halmoni insists that you have to come.”

 

I just nodded my head. “Okay.” I didn’t mind to attend Halmoni’s birthday party.

 

“I just drop by to tell you this. See you tomorrow.”

 

I nodded again. “Thank you so much for telling me.”

 

Tae-il oppa only smiled and walked away. I slightly bowed to him.

 

“Who is he?”

 

I looked back to Doojoon as I heard him asking like that. “He’s my eldest cousin from my father’s side, Han Tae-il.” I told him as I sat back to the chair.

 

“I never see your dad’s family.”

 

I just grinned to hear his words and furrowed my nose. “You’d better not.”

 

Doojoon propped his chin on his hand with his elbow rested on the table. “But you need to see them tomorrow.”

 

I just nodded.

 

“Want me to accompany you?” He asked.

 

I raised my gaze to see him and tilted my head. “You want to come with me?”

 

He just shrugged. “If you want me to.”

 

I smiled. “That’s a good idea.” I said then stood up as I took the magazine. “See you tomorrow then.” I left the table after that.

 

Well, I guess I’ll manage to survive tomorrow if Doojoon is with me.

 

---

Update~~!!!

I don't actually have anything to say here.. so just enjoy the fic~

 

For all the readers, thank you for subscribing and reading this fic~ commenting would be nice~ but to see that my subscribers and view counts increased, it's making me glad too~ To the silent readers, thank you so much to take a look on the fic and read it~ I really do appreciate it, seriously~

Enjoy the story, everyone~ ^^