Chapter 7

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been 2 weeks since Ji-hyo discharged from hospital and she’s back to her tight schedule. Since she heard about Kim Jong-kook confession, she felt awkward whenever she faced him on Running Man filming set. She don't know why even though it's awkward, but in her deepest heart she felt happy too. She still coouldn't believe it a romantic-gentleman like Kim Jong-kook have a feeling for her. Running Man’s filming today ended pretty late and almost all member and crew went home. When Ji-hyo waited for her manager fetched her, she got a call from her manager.

 

“Yah!! Lee Ji-min where are you right now? I’m waiting you almost an hour!”

 

“Unnie, mianne. I think you better take a cab or maybe ask one of Running Man member to take you home because your car’s engine suddenly broke down…..”

 

“Ah is that so? Ok Ji-min ah. Just be careful, it’s late already.”

 

“Ne unnie...you too.”

 

After disconnected the phone call, she looked at the parking lot. There are only 4 cars there but Ji-hyo quickly recognized the owner 1 of 4 cars. She sighed for a while before went to that car.

 

Ji-hyo then called the guy’s name while knocked his car’s window. “Oppa… Jong-kook oppa.”

 

When Ji-hyo knocked his window, Jong-kook is currently have a phone call and he’s a bit starled to saw Ji-hyo standing there. He unlocked the car’s door let Ji-hyo enter his car and give her a sign to wait. “Ne arassoyo….I’ll call you later again, ok?” After hung up the phone call he talked to Ji-hyo. “Oh Ji-hyo ah why you’re still in here? Your manager hasn’t arrived yet?”

 

“That’s the problem oppa…….she said something happen to my car so she can’t fetch me. Oppa, can you…….drive me home? But of course if you have a time for that, if you can’t I can take a cab.”

 

“No Ji-hyo ah, I’ll drive you home. A beautiful lady like you is too dangerous to take a cab at this time.”

 

“You just called me what? Can you said it again oppa?” Ji-hyo .

 

Jong-kook just realized he said that. “Mwuh? Ah that…..I mean…..it’s dangerous for an actress like you take a cab right now.”

 

“Eyyy Kim Jong-kook where’s the ‘beautiful’ word that you said earlier? Hahaha gaja oppa.”

 

He blushed. “Ne Agassi… so, we headed to Ilsan, right?” He started drive his car.

 

“Ani oppa, just drive me to Apgujeong.”

 

“Oh? You moved to Seoul now?”

 

“Not really.....my home still in Ilsan but I live in Apgujeong with my cousin.”

 

“Really? It’s good. I mean you have lots of work and activity here in Seoul and it’s good to live near your work place, right?”

 

“Yeah oppa, you’re right.”

 

The atmosphere in Jong-kook’s car is pretty awkward. That’s because Ji-hyo knows that Jong-kook have a feeling for her and Jong-kook who is too shy in front of her. Ji-hyo can’t stand with the silence in his car, started to make conversation with Jong-kook.

 

“Oppa, can I ask you something?”

 

“Of course Ji-hyo ah. What is it?”

 

“Do you have a girlfriend, oppa?”

 

“Mwuh?” Jong-kook didn’t expect Ji-hyo will ask that kind of question. “Nope, I don’t have any. Wae Ji-hyo ah? You want to be my girlfriend.” He said teasingly.

 

“Me? Your girlfriend? Dream on! I’m just curious, there’s no gossip about you with someone else since you…..broke up with Eun-hye.”

 

“Yeah, I’m just being careful with choosing girlfriend right now because my last girlfriend……she hurt me so bad… how about you Ji-hyo ah, do you have boyfriend?”

 

“Nope, but I like someone right now.”

 

Jong-kook tightened his grip on steer. “Who’s that lucky guy Ji-hyo ah?”

 

“It’s a secret, but you know him oppa. Please take a note that I just like him, not love him. So, don’t you dare to make any gossip about me in Running Man filming next week.” She said with serious tone but grinned on her face. When she saw sudden changed expression in Jong-kook’s face, she realized that she’s too much for told him that she like someone else. She forgot for a while that the guy beside her have a feeling for her. Luckily they arrived at Ji-hyo’s apartment. “Oppa, you can stop here. That’s my apartment.” She said while pointing a tall building in front of them. “Gomawo Kookie oppa for drive me home tonight. Be careful on your way home.”

‘Mianne oppa, I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling.’

 

“Ne Ji-hyo ah.” Ji-hyo then walked to her apartment building.

‘Who Ji-hyo ah? Who’s that guy? Why my heart hurt when you said you like someone in front of me?’

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter