Chapter 12

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji-hyo went to hospital again. Right now, since he already passed his critical condition, he has been moved to VIP room. This time, Ji-hyo directly went to Jong-kook’s room. There’s his mom in there and when Jong-kook’s mom saw her, she immediately went out from his room to give them a time. Ji-hyo takes a seat at a chair beside his bed.

 

“Jong-kook oppa…. How are you doing? Still felt any pain?” She said softly.

 

Jong-kook startled with Ji-hyo’s presence. “Oh Ji-hyo ssi…. My head and arm still hurt but I’m fine.”

 

“Did you recognize me oppa?” Said Ji-hyo in excitement when she heard Jong-kook called her name.

 

“Ah that….. Who doesn’t know you? You played as Min Hyo-rin in Goong right? And you’re Eun-hye’s rival in that drama. It was such a popular drama…” He was smiled when he talked but when he saw tears come out from Ji-hyo’s eyes, his smile faded away a. “Omo Ji-hyo ssi, gwenchana? Why are you crying?”

 

“I…I’m actually not okay oppa….. Because…. We used to be closed… really really closed. But since you have amnesia you couldn’t remember me and it really hurt me.” Somehow he felt sad and hurt too saw her in tears.

 

“Ji-hyo ssi, I…. I’ll try to…..”

 

“It’s okay oppa. Don’t push too hard yourself to remember me or the others because doctor said your head might hurt if you tried so hard. Just let it flow oppa. I believe one day you’ll remember again.” Ji-hyo said while wipes her tears.

 

A moment later, the door opened and there’s a girl’s voice called Jong-kook’s name in worried. When Jong-kook saw the owner of that voice, he blushed and smiles widely which made Ji-hyo jealous. “Eun-hye ah….”

 

When Eun-hye saw Ji-hyo sit beside Jong-kook, she immediately greets and bows to her sunbaenim. “Oh Ji-hyo unnie, annyeonghaseyo… It’s been a long time.”

 

“Ne… It’s been a long time Eun-hye ah.”

 

Eun-hye’s attention back to Jong-kook. “Oppa gwenchana?” Said Eun-hye in worried.

 

“Doctor said I lost my recent memory. But luckily all about you still in here. It’s relieved isn’t it? I didn’t forget my girlfriend… ” Jong-kook said while pointing his head and still shows his blushing face in front of Eun-hye. Ji-hyo and Eun-hye startled heard Jong-kook’s last word.

 

Ji-hyo couldn’t believe what she heard from Jong-kook’s mouth. She felt like her eyes starts wet and her sight became blurring. ‘Oppa, did that accident change your heart too?’ Ji-hyo yawning in purpose and she wipe her tears. “Oppa, I’m sleepy. I guessed I should go home now. I’ll visit you again later maybe with Haha oppa or Jae-suk oppa… Anyway, get well soon oppa.”

 

“Ne Ji-hyo ssi. Thanks for visiting me.”

 

“Eun-hye ah….. Please take care of your boyfriend.” Ji-hyo said to Eun-hye.

 

“Ah unnie…. But we already……..” Eun-hye didn’t know what she should do. Should she act like she’s still Jong-kook’s girlfriend or tell him that they’re already broke up.

 

“Annyeong…” Said Ji-hyo while rushed went out from Jong-kook’s room leave Eun-hye in confused. She walks slowly along hospital corridor. But suddenly she stopped her pace and kneeled down. ‘Oppa, this is too hurt. Your heart back to your past lover when my heart starts to choose you.’ Ji-hyo said in her mind while crying.

 

 

This evening Chae-won went to Joong-ki’s home. Actually she didn’t know if Joong-ki at his home or not, she just tried her luck and she really hope he’s in his home. When she arrived and about to knocked his door, the door opened. At first Joong-ki want to go out to meet Gwang-soo and he went to meet Jin-hyuk after that, but he startled to saw Chae-won standing in front of his door.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“To make all this misunderstands thing clear oppa. Can we talk about it inside?” Chae-won went in to his house without heard his answer first. After she closed the door, she faced Joong-ki.

 

“How come you didn’t tell me when you go to Chuncheon and just leave me like that? Am I really nothing to you right now? Don’t you think about my feeling oppa?”

 

“I went there in 3 days Chae-won ah. I’m sorry but I think this is the best for us…”

 

“Wh….what? 3 days? You-re so mean oppa.” Now Chae-won really speechless. She really didn’t think he’ll go that fast.

 

“Chae-won ah mianne, but I have an appointment with someone. Can you please leave this place?” Joong-ki knows Chae-won will cry soon and that’s his weakness. If he saw her in tears, he absolutely will ended up with hug her again and again, so he choose to avoid seeing her.

 

But Chae-won didn’t move. She didn’t even response him. She just stands in front of him, looking into his eyes with her teary eyes. Joong-ki starts to turn his body to open the door but her warm hand hold his hand. Her hand is so warm….. Wait. This isn’t warm. Her hand is hot. She’s burning. Is she got a fever? Joong-ki worriedly said in his mind. He turning his back to face her and there is it, he just realize Chae-won’s face got red because of fever. But he tried to act like he doesn’t care.

 

“Oppa, I will wait you here. I will wait until you come back.”

 

“Don’t wait for me, because I think I won’t go home tonight.” He said while take Chae-won’s hand off from his hand and he went out from his house. I’m sorry Chae-won ah….

 

 

Joong-ki went to a café to meet Gwang-soo. He’s like diary book to Joong-ki because Joong-ki can cried, angry, and express all his feeling in front of him. Joong-ki told him that he already broke up with Chae-won and finally told her that he’ll go to Chucheon in 3 days.

 

“Ottoke Gwang-soo ah? Yes she made big mistake, but why I can’t really mad at her? When I said broke up and leave her alone in her home this morning, I heard she shout my name while crying, begged me to come back. Did you know how hard I tried to not come back heard her like that? Her tears is my weakness Gwang-soo ah. And before I came here, she came to my home. At first I want to act cool and act like I mad or don’t care to her, but when she grabbed my hand, I felt her hand really hot and her face got red because of fever that she had. It’s hard for me, really really hard to not saying any sweet or caring words to her. What should I do Gwang-soo ah? I love that girl too much….”

 

“Joong-ki ah, you know I’ve always at your side. But as your best friend, I just can give this advice this to you. Listen to your heart more than your ego. Believe me, if you listen to your heart, you won’t regret any of your decision that you made.”

 

“Are you just suggested me indirectly to not break up with her? But you just said that you’re on my side.”

 

“Yah!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter