Chapter 28

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No, you’re wrong Chae-won ssi.” A sudden voice cut her words and come from behind Chae-won which makes her startled. The room become noisy again when they saw the sudden appearance of Joong-ki.

 

Chae-won is too speechless to say a word even if she want to. “Op…oppa? How can you….? Why you….why are you here?”

 

Joong-ki give her a wink and a smile while taking Chae-won’s mic in her hand. “Annyeonghaseyo, it’s me Song Joong-ki, I just finished my mandatory. Well, it’s sooner than the schedule, that’s why these people beside me, except Baek Chang-joo ssi, they see me like I’m a ghost.” Joked Joong-ki. “I planned to gave them a surprise, but I heard about the news and I think it will be good if I, as Chae-won’s boyfriend, and as one of this scary couple’s close friend, participate to tell you guys the truth.” Said Joong-ki calmly.

“I’ve been with the beautiful lady beside me for 3 years, even though she doesn’t tell me about what is exactly her hardest time, but I knew it. I will give her speak first before I speak up the truth from my point of view.” He then give that mic to Chae-won while whispering something to her ear. “Hey baby, I miss you and glad to see you… but, what you have to do now is to tell them the truth. Be strong, because I won’t let go of your hand.” Joong-ki hold Chae-won’s hand lovingly which makes her blushed and just replied his word with a sweet smile.

 

“He never fail when it comes to surprising people, isn’t it?” Chae-won let out a small laugh. “Ok, continuing my words before, the point is, it’s me who wavered, it’s me who almost destroy my relationship with Joong-ki oppa. He once left me, that was the hardest time of my life, and at that time I realized few things, that I cannot far from him, that I hurt him badly until he choose to left me, and that I finally understand that he’s the one in my heart. Ever since that gloomy days, I do the same thing as Jin-hyuk oppa’s did, drawing a line between us. We’re rarely contacted each other again, but still we kept our friendship, and I’m glad I was having him when I really need a help but no one’s beside me.”

“You pointed the wrong person and made her name bad in public throughout that news eventhough at the same time you announce their relationship and support them as well. I really don’t care about my reputation and my image in public after this as long as I share the truth and makes Ji-hyo unnie’s name clear again as before.”

 

“And what’s your final feeling for Choi Jin-hyuk?”

 

“I like him. I do like him up until now. I like him as a big brother. I like him because without his presence that night, I won’t be able being here, maybe I’m the one at Jin-hyuk oppa’s place.”

 

“Song Joong-ki ssi, do you heard it? She like another man even when you’re beside her, she wavered, aren’t you mad?”

 

Joong-ki chuckled when he heard the question. “I’m sorry, but that’s a ridiculous question. Why should I mad at her when she like someone who already dead?” He then put a serious expression. “Maybe most of you thinking that I’m stupid to forgive her and get along with her again after what she did. You know, she can like someone else when I was beside her, there is another chance, a big chance that she will repeated it in the future. Forgive her and being with her up until now, I don’t regret it and I don’t feel I’m a fool. I will feel I’m a fool when I don’t give her a chance to explain about what is happening with her feelings in the past. I will feel I’m a fool when I giving up on her, and I will feel I’m a fool when I let go of her in the past.” Joong-ki showed his hand who currently hold Chae-won’s hand on a table so people can see it. “People deserve second chance. I was giving her a second chance because of Jin-hyuk. Because he showed me something that makes me feel like I’m a fool to left her without tried to hear her explaination. At first I was hate him for his ability taking her heart, but then I respect him a lot. He was the only one stand by her side at her hard moment that night when they have that incident. He hurt in order to protect her. You have no idea how relieved I was knowing that she was okay. I owe him a lot to protect my girlfriend. Without him……Chae-won must be has a worse condition.”

“The moment when Jin-hyuk was in critical condition, it was her hardest time. She never tell me but I can tell by her expression that she was not okay, that she was worried, that she was blaming herself for what happen with Jin-hyuk.” Joong-ki look at Chae-won lovingly. “Choi Jin-hyuk, that man was told me something, few days before his death. I haven’t told this to everyone, even Chae-won. He was telling me to never leave her, to always support her, to always loving her, and to always make her happy. He makes me promise that. He also said that he was sorry to ruin my relationship with Chae-won. He loves her until the end of his life. I don’t feel mad at him for that because love is not a crime. He know he should make a distance to her so that he express his love towards her by protect her. Choi Jin-hyuk, that man told me that seeing her being happy is enough for him. The moment he said that, I know I like this guy. He is not my enemy, he is more than someone who I can rely about when it comes to Chae-won.”

 

Chae-won looking at her boyfriend with teary eyes. “You never told me that Jin-hyuk oppa talked with you…..” She said in a low volume.

 

“I’m just telling you.” He said in the same volume as her.

 

Joong-ki and Chae-won looking at each other and still holding hands like they’re forgot where they are at that time. Jong-kook use this chance to distract reporters attention towards them. He hold Ji-hyo’s hand and ordered Ji-hyo to do the same pose as Joong-ki and Chae-won. “Ji-hyo ah, let’s do that too.” Jong-kook’s free hand hold Ji-hyo’s face to look at him. That scene bring laugh to peoples at that room.

 

Joong-ki understand about his hyung’s doing to make this press conference more relax and not stiff as before. He starts to caress Chae-won’s hair. “I miss you.” Joong-ki said that in alow voice but all people can know what he said by seeing his mouth gesture.

 

Didn’t want to lose, Jong-kook replied by the same gesture. “I miss you Ji-hyo ah, eventhough I meet you almost everyday.” He said in a normal volume so that reporters can heard what he said.

 

Again, he success bring a laugh in that room, this time the laugh is louder. Chang-joo smiled seeing their behavior. “Aren’t they cute couples?” He chuckled. “Joong-ki ssi was right. Love is not a crime. I shouldn’t make a rule like that and I would like to apologize to my artist, to make them suffer by holding their feeling towards someone they love just because they have a contract with me. And I want to thank Moon Chae-won ssi and Song Joong-ki ssi who came to give their statement, the truth, in order to clear the misunderstands. I sincerely want to thank all of you who came here today. Your presence means a lot for us. Without your presence, this press conference won’t spread to public.” Chang-joo get up from his seat and bowed to the reporters. His action followed by the two couples.

 

“Kim Jong-kook ssi, Song Ji-hyo ssi, may I asked one more question before you leave? It’s more like a confirmation actually and we need to hear the answer from your mouth.” Said a reporter while raised his hand.

 

Ji-hyo and Jong-kook exchange look and nodded lightly. “Yes, of course.” Answered Ji-hyo.

 

“We, the reporter, we are curious about one thing that happened months ago, when Kim Jong-kook ssi went to New York to attend an award, and Song Ji-hyo ssi went to New York too in the same day but to do some photoshoot. You two seems went there together, we knew the departure flight information but about your arrival is like a mystery. Perhaps you two were together?”

 

Jong-kook smile heard the question and he let Ji-hyo answered the question by gave her a nod. “Yes, we were together at that time. We went there together but have to separate at first since we have different schedule. But the next day we enjoyed our holiday together. I don’t know how you can get the information about our departure information, but I’m glad that our arrival is still a mystery. Well, at least up until now.”

 

The five of them then smile while waving at the camera before they left that place.

 

Once they’re out from the said place, Chae-won hugs Joong-ki. “Oppa gomawo… thank you so much for coming at the right time, thank you for helping me tell them the story, and thank you for coming when I really really need you. I love you oppa.”

 

“Aigoo, why you thank me for those things?” Joong-ki broke the hug and look at Chae-won’s eyes lovingly. “It’s a pleasure for me to help my girlfriend and my…..future sister in law.” He then wink at Ji-hyo which makes her come closer to the couple who just reunited.

 

“Gomawo Joong-ki ah, Chae-won ah. I really don’t know what to do and what to say if you two aren’t there to help me.”

 

“Noona, we are family, right? And as a family should help each other.”

 

At that moment a 4 years old boy comes to them while shouting his uncle’s name. “Samchon! Tae-ho’s coming!!” Chang-joo carry his nephew.

 

“Oh Tae-ho ah, why are you running alone? Where’s your nanny?” Asked Chang-joo.

 

“Tae-ho was playing with a nice uncle just now. That uncle said I have the same name as his, but different surname.”

 

“Tae-ho ah, do not play with someone you don’t know ever again. That’s dangerous you know!”

 

“But….but samchon….that uncle is very nice towards Tae-ho.” Tae-ho almost cry when Chang-joo said his words a bit loud. He think Chang-joo mad at him.

 

“Eyyy oppa, what is wrong with you? The most important is he’s okay and he is happy. Am I right, Tae-ho ah?” Said Ji-hyo while Tae-ho’s hair.

 

“Aunty, you’re so nice, what is your name?”

 

“Ah right, I haven’t introduce myself. I’m Song Ji-hyo, and you?”

 

The moment Tae-ho hear Ji-hyo’s name, he remembered something. “Oh? Song Ji-hyo?”

 

“Do you know me, Tae-ho ah?”

 

“Ani…. I just remember, that nice uncle who just played with me asked me to say thank you to Song Ji-hyo and…..hm to….. Moon Tae-won, maybe, I forgot the name….”

 

Chae-won raised one of her eyebrows. “Do you mean, Moon Chae-won?”

 

“Ah yes! That’s it! Moon Cha-won.”

 

Ji-hyo, Chae-won, Joong-ki, and Jong-kook look at each other. Joong-ki manage to ask Tae-ho. “Tae-ho ah, is that nice uncle say another thing to you beside thank you?”

 

“Hm…..I think he just said that.” Tae-ho still thinking seriously. “Ahh! I remember! He said thank you for everything that you guys doing today, he watched from the beginning until the end. And he was sorry for cannot be there to help you because he has to go to somewhere, far away from here.”

 

Chae-won buried her face to Joong-ki’s shoulder and cry. “Jin-hyuk oppa….”

 

Ji-hyo’s tear almost flowing but he try hard to prevent that come out. “Tae-ho ah, if you meet that nice uncle again, could you please tell him to visit us when he has free time? Because we miss him a lot.”

 

“Aunty, do you know him?”

 

“Ne Tae-ho ah, he was our best friend.”

 

“If I meet that nice samchon again, I will deliver your message, aunty.” Said Tae-ho happily. “Samchon, I’m hungry…”

 

“Keure, let’s eat Tae-ho ah.” Replied Chang-joo. “Ji-hyo ah, mianhae I should leave first. Thanks for your cooperation today, Jong-kook ssi, Chae-won ssi, and Joong-ki ssi.”

 

The four of them nod at him and seeing Chang-joo walk away. Tae-ho’s words still echoing Chae-won’s head. “He was here….with us….”

 

“I don’t think so.” Said Joong-ki which makes the other three look at him. “I think even up until now, he’s here with us, he always near us, and never leav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter