Chapter 18

The Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On her special day, Chae-won come home earlier than the other day. Well, that’s because there’s no schedule until late night like always. Chae-won felt so happy on her anniversary day, she can’t wait to receive flower from her boyfriend. Just before she entered her apartment building, a security called her.

 

“Excuse me, Moon Chae-won ssi…” Chae-won immeadiately turn her body.

 

“Ne, ahjussi?”

 

“Not long ago someone sent two bouqet of flowers for you. Please wait here.”

 

“Two?? Oh okay, I’ll wait here.”

 

No need a minute that ahjussi come back with two big bouqet of flowers. “Agassi, these flowers are pretty big. Should I bring these for you? Seems like both of your hands busy carrying your things.”

 

“Is it okay? I mean, am I not bothering you?”

 

“Of course you are not because serving you or other people who lives in this building is part of my job too. Don’t worry Agassi…” He smiled at Chae-won to assure her.

 

“Gomabseubnida ahjussi.” Both of them then walk to the elevator while having a small talk.

 

“Agassi, these past months you got lots of presents and flowers, don’t you?”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Well sometimes I received the flowers, but sometimes I watched from CCTV at your floor.”

 

“CCTV?? Ahjussi, how that person’s look? Is that person a guy?”

 

“Ne, he is a guy. He always wore black clothes and a cap, so I can’t saw his face. Waeyo Agassi? Is that guy dangerous or do bothering you?”

 

“Ani…. I’m just curious about the sender. He always sent me those presents but he didn’t let me know about who is he.”

 

“He must be live in this building too since he has an access in elevator.”

 

“Oh you’re right! I didn’t think that far…. But who?”

 

“Agassi, you’re a famous actress in this country, maybe he’s one of your fans. So, since he knew you live at the same building as him, he uses this chance to send you those things.” At that time, they arrived at Chae-won’s floor.

 

“Ahjussi, thank you so much to bring these flowers until here. I don’t know how to repay your kindness….”

 

“Agassi, my little daughter is one of your fans. She’s also like Song Ji-hyo ssi so much. Can I have your sign and Song Ji-hyo ssi too for my daughter? She will be really happy.”

 

“Oh of course ahjussi, it’s my pleasure for having a fan like your daughter. What’s her name and her age?”

 

“It’s Park Young-jae, she’s 8 years old.”

 

“Okay. I’ll give it to you tomorrow morning maybe at 8 or 9. How about that?”

 

“Okay, thank you Agassi. Oh, Agassi, I will always check CCTV in this floor, don’t worry about that.” That ahjussi then went in to elevator again going back to his place.

 

Chae-won went in to his crib once the elevator door closed without realizing ever since she arrived at her crib’s floor, the door for emergency exit has been slightly opened and there is a guy who is eavesdroving their conversation. ‘CCTV? So, that ahjussi always watched my action via CCTV… It means that ahjussi is pretty dangerous because he can ruin my plan anytime. Should I clear him up?’ He smirked while closed the door and walk down the stairs.

 

“Unnie I’m homeeee….”

 

“Oh Chae-won ah, you’re home already?” Ji-hyo greets her from kitchen. “Woah look at you, now you came with 2 big bouqet of rose. Is one of them for me? Perhaps Jong-kook oppa sent one of those?”

 

“I don’t know unnie, I just know one of these is from Joong-ki oppa, I don’t know about the other one.”

 

“Should we open the note together?” Chae-won replied with nodded.

 

Ji-hyo takes a note from the first flower and read it for Chae-won. “Happy anniversary 2 years baby……” Ji-hyo stopped while looking at Chae-won and covering with both of her hands. “Oh my god, today is your anniversary with Joong-ki?? Congratulation my little sister!!” Ji-hyo hugs Chae-won. “I hope Joong-ki will propose you after he finished with his mandatory and both of you will live happily ever after!”

 

“Gomawo unnie. Thank you so much for your support.”

 

“Well, I guess you should read alone the rest of this note.” Ji-hyo passed a note from Joong-ki to Chae-won. “So, we move to the next note.” Ji-hyo grabbed the note from the other flower. “Dear my Chae-won, you were often told me that you really want to go to France one day. Can we gone there together? I know your schedule and you’re free next month, so I’ve bought the ticket for both of us. Hope you won’t be late. I’ll wait for you at the airport on August 22nd at 9 AM……” Ji-hyo look at Chae-won’s sit position became stiff and grab another envelop in that bouqet. She found the plane ticket that the sender mentions about. “Okay, it’s getting creepy…… He said you asked him before, so I guess you were closed with him. Who is that guy Chae-won ah?”

 

“I…..I really have no idea unnie…. Ottoke…” Chae-won looks at Ji-hyo with worries.

 

“I’ll tell Gwang-soo and Jong-kook oppa about this. Don’t worry Chae-won ah, maybe he can sent this creepy thing but I’m sure he won’t do something creepy to you since he madly in love with you, besides Gwang-soo and Jong-kook oppa will protect you no matter what.” Ji-hyo tried to calm her down.

 

When Chae-won about to reply, her phone ringing and she immediately answer the call from her manager. “Ne unnie?”

 

“Chae-won ah! I just got a call from the production team of Today’s Love movie.”

 

“Oh jinjja? Then the result must be out, what’s the result??”

 

“Chukkae Chae-won ah! You got the main role on that movie!! Woah, your acting skill really no doubt!”

 

“Omo omo seriously?? Yeayyy finally I make a come back to big screen! I really didn’t expect they will choose me since my opponents are preety hard to defeat. Gomawo unnie!!”

 

“There’s another news Chae-won ah.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“They told me about your costar too.”

 

“Who is he unnie? Do I know him?”

 

“Ne…you know him pretty well since you’re often hang out with him these days. He is Lee Seung-gi ssi!”

 

“Lee Seung-gi?!! Omo! That guy never told me he went to that audition too! Unnie, I’m sorry I should hang up now, I want to interrogate him. Anyway, gomawo unnie!” Chae-won ended the line.

 

“You got that main role? Chukkae Chae-won ah!! Ahhh I’m so proud of you!!”

 

“Gomawo unnie!”

 

“Anyway, Lee Seung-gi is your costar?”

 

“Ne unnie. I'll reunite with him again.”

 

“Reunite?”

 

“Ne, I was his girlfriend on Shining Inheritance.”

 

“It’s good then. You already know him well and it’ll be easy to do romance thing since you already done it with him before.” Said Ji-hyo while thinking about Seung-gi. ‘Lee Seung-gi? On every note has initial S. Chae-won often tell me that she hangs out with him pretty often too and the fact that they were in a drama together. The sender of those flowers and those presents……it can’t be Seung-gi, right?’

 

 

The next morning, Chae-won went to a place where the ahjussi who helped her last night to give him her autograph as she promised before. But that morning she’s startled to see 2 police cars and an ambulance were parked in front of her apartment building. She stopped her pace to see what’s going on in this early morning. Suddenly her eyes captured the ahjussi from last night lying on the ground heplessly with both of his eyes slightly opened and his face looks so pale. A moment later, one of 3 peoples closed his eyes with his hand and they bring him to an ambulance. At that time Chae-won’s leg become weak and she dropped a book that she hold. Another security whom she know as his friend approached in front of her.

 

“Agassi, gwenchana?” He look at Chae-won wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter